Holdsworth signs

Holdsworth did reject a new deal. The general consensus is that Clark told him he wasn't going to be first choice anymore, and he left because he wanted first team football, which is fair enough. It's also rumoured that he was offered less than he was currently on. He's a decent enough player and will do alright for you, on the whole for us he was a steady player who didn't stand out positively or negatively, which is possibly what you want from a full back.

It will be interesting to see how you do given how many of our former players you've signed. I can't see Parker doing anything, but the other three may all prove to be decent signings for you. Worthy can't pass or shoot to save his life, but always gives 100% and can put in a tackle, I really liked him when he first broke into the side but over the past couple of seasons he's been woefully inadequate and we were right to get rid. Maybe if you play him alongside an older head he could prove to be an asset. Holdsworth will be a steady League One right back, he also won our POTS playing in midfield, he's better in midfield but him and Worthy will be useless as a combination, so I imagine you've signed him as a replacement for Eardley. Finally, Pav is infuriatingly lazy and bone idle, but he does have a knack of scoring goals, just make sure Penney doesn't upset him, as he's the definition of a confidence player.

I think most clubs in eague 1 would like to have Peter Clarke in their team, a no nonsense defender, a poor mans John Terry

We know all about Pele Clarke from the Rivals days of Blackpool fans telling us how he would create world peace, balance The Force and cure cancer all before having his money dump, which came out as solid gold nuggests.

Yeah right completely contradicting another report saying he was only one of seven offered a new contract, 3 times upping his wage but wanted to play midfield...source...Huddersfield Town FC...he didnt stand out but won player of the season...lol. So you must be poor then?

Only player of yours I would like is Peter Clarke ....

Not calling you a liar, but funny how you know more than any Town fan does. Haven't heard anywhere that he got offered 3 contracts, I doubt it since he wasn't even in the first team at the end of the season.

He won POTS playing in midfield, I said he didn't stand out playing at right back.

And fair enough, I wouldn't have any of your players, except Holdsworth as back up for Peltier and Taylor (if he's still there) as back up for Roberts and Pilkington.

Not calling you a liar, but funny how you know more than any Town fan does. Haven't heard anywhere that he got offered 3 contracts, I doubt it since he wasn't even in the first team at the end of the season.

He won POTS playing in midfield, I said he didn't stand out playing at right back.

And fair enough, I wouldn't have any of your players, except Holdsworth as back up for Peltier and Taylor (if he's still there) as back up for Roberts and Pilkington.

toddle off to your own message board now please. ive heard enough bollocks.

toddle off to your own message board now please. ive heard enough bollocks.

Am I allowed to stay if I say things you want to hear?

Parker is an excellent striker, he's prolific. He once scored 15 League Goals in just one season! That's phenomenal by anyones standards.

Worthington is a fantastic midfielder, if you want someone to stamp authority on a game then look no further. Captain marvel for two seasons which both resulted in unbelievable midtable finishes. His trademark bursts from midfield are something to behold, and his shooting is world class.

Holdsworth is a superlative full back. He's also a box to box midfielder. And a 40 goal a season striker. If you played him in net I doubt you'd ever concede.

And last but not least, Pawel Abbott. He once had a great season, I'm sure next season he'll do it again. He's got no criminal convictions and I'm sure you won't lose him to Notts County. What more could you want?!

Oh, and I live in County Durham, wogghead1 (that's in the North East of England). Would take a bit more than a strained neck...

Parker is an excellent striker, he's prolific. He once scored 15 League Goals in just one season! That's phenomenal by anyones standards.

Worthington is a fantastic midfielder, if you want someone to stamp authority on a game then look no further. Captain marvel for two seasons which both resulted in unbelievable midtable finishes. His trademark bursts from midfield are something to behold, and his shooting is world class.

Holdsworth is a superlative full back. He's also a box to box midfielder. And a 40 goal a season striker. If you played him in net I doubt you'd ever concede.

And last but not least, Pawel Abbott. He once had a great season, I'm sure next season he'll do it again. He's got no criminal convictions and I'm sure you won't lose him to Notts County. What more could you want?!

Oh, and I live in County Durham, wogghead1 (that's in the North East of England). Would take a bit more than a strained neck...

thats more like it welcome to OWTB

No you can't. Not after that post.

You have just broken the board rules, which state, that you must only: -

1) Post unsubstantiated rumours that prove to have no foundation,

2) Slag off the players because no matter how much ability they have they are still crap, but then insits that an untried 7 year old with 100 games under his belt and 10 caps for Wales who you have slagged off for 3 years should not be sold for less than £28 miillion and even then only with add ons.

3) Berate the owners and other fans for lacking ambition.

4) State that the manager only has lower league experience and will not be able to attract players from a higher level.

I could go on but I'm getting bored, so in short bugger off back to the tarn board you geordie munching yorkie. :lol:

Only kidding like.

Cheers,

Harry

touche!

however, your opinions are obviously completely bias!

taylor you would have as backup?!? lol.....dream on.

I think the best way to settle this is to see on the day of latics v hudds who has the upper hand,

must admit you have some decent players who i would not mind seeing at latics,

then again though we have players that i wouldnt trade for the whole of your squad

see you this season fellas!

if holdsworth has signed does this definately mean that eardley is going? we now have holdsworth and lomax at right back and if the rumours are to be believed then we'll be 175k up for a player that is worth at the very least of 500k. our team is now shaping up nicely and if parker actually signs we will have a half decent team that i think will be good enough for the playoffs.