Am I the only one to think this....

If we had not had such short sighted pot bellied takers who should have invested money in our glory years we would have a decent Boundary Park.

Step forward Ian " I have to increase my salary " Stott and Alan "give me 10%" Hardy the money earnt in the late 80's and early 90's should have given us a great platform for a new main stand.

They have lined there pockets out of Oldham Athletic.

if anyone else wants to line their pockets in the future out of giving me another few years like that they're welcome to.

Edited by dfOAFC

If we had not had such short sighted pot bellied takers who should have invested money in our glory years we would have a decent Boundary Park.

Step forward Ian " I have to increase my salary " Stott and Alan "give me 10%" Hardy the money earnt in the late 80's and early 90's should have given us a great platform for a new main stand.

Not sure I know too much about this side of the Club's history. I understand your point though.

Out of interest, what do you mean by "give me 10%" referring to Hardy?

Not sure I know too much about this side of the Club's history. I understand your point though.

Out of interest, what do you mean by "give me 10%" referring to Hardy?

Maybe Alan took some kind of % on all merchandise for Wembley , promotions etc....

Only a guess like

Maybe Alan took some kind of % on all merchandise for Wembley , promotions etc....

Only a guess like

I'd be careful if I were you - Alan will be getting out of his coffin soon... :grin:

On a serious note, your posts contain some libellous statements.

I think if you really need to point the finger at anyone during the glory years., then try looking at the Lees brothers with Stotty. They dictated the monetary policy and decided how much was available to be spent, which was always in the form of a loan. Hence, the fire sale during Sharp's stint as manager) to recoup as much money as possible.

I can't say for certain you are the only one to think that, but it would be nice if you were.

Because it's a load of cobblers.

I can't say for certain you are the only one to think that, but it would be nice if you were.

Because it's a load of cobblers.

So Garcon can you explain this..

When Stotty came off the Premier League commitee he came back to BP and soley justified and increased his salary as he was spending more time at BP... If you want to search the chron be my guest......its there...

So Garcon can you explain this..

When Stotty came off the Premier League commitee he came back to BP and soley justified and increased his salary as he was spending more time at BP... If you want to search the chron be my guest......its there...

That increase would have paid for a swanky new stadium, would it? And you're sufficiently in-the-know that you can safely say his raise wasn't justfied? Do me a favour.

That increase would have paid for a swanky new stadium, would it? And you're sufficiently in-the-know that you can safely say his raise wasn't justfied? Do me a favour.

my god stevie with ur reply we are doomed.....god u are dence,,,

thank god i live in toronto well away from you

It's dense.

[/irony]

I'm not denying Stott took a salary, that's documented fact. It's the rest that's cobblers. Mistakes were made (that's pretty obvious), but, talking of dense, I'd say it would be pretty dense of anyone to accuse club personnel of "taking 10%" and "lining their pockets" without a shred of evidence.

Guest FyldeBlue
my god stevie with ur reply we are doomed.....god u are dence,,,

thank god i live in toronto well away from you

Hi Lukers well said pal, no one wants the truth to come out !.....and for those others who wish to sweep this under the carpet.

During Chairman Ian Stott's days - and this is also in the Chronicle archives......I believe you will find that Alan Hardy was made Chief Executive Officer at a salary of £110,000 pa. :shock:

Obviously I guess he will have had salary increases in the following decade and possibly two decades since - but of course when the TTA came in he could have had a salary reduction :laught16: ......but then again :argue:

I would think £110k pa for CEO of a 1993 Premiership club would have been perfectly reasonable.

I'd be surprised if Alan is on a six figure salary these days, but I'd happily pay him that for what he's done for the club over the years and continues to do.

I would think £110k pa for CEO of a 1993 Premiership club would have been perfectly reasonable.

I'd be surprised if Alan is on a six figure salary these days, but I'd happily pay him that for what he's done for the club over the years and continues to do.

No, no, no. It's £110k theived from under our very noses. That he isn't working for free is disgusting. In fact he should be giving money to the club for his publicity to no eventuality.

Mistakes may have been made, but this finger pointing is prodding the wrong folk.

Rumour has it the year we went down from the Prem we made £800k (and that is without the sale of Paul Gerrard- from which we made, I think, £1mill).

But then again we did invest in BP back then, we made the Chaddy all seater and then the RRE stand and the paddocks all seater- all of which might well have cost a packet. Whereas the likes of Fulham, Wigan, Hull etc (who were all in what is now our league or lower) didn't have to make said changes to make their stadia all seater and there are many other examples. Cardiff for example will be moving into their new stadium next year meaning they will now have an all seater stadium (how it gets funded is another point) 15 years after we were forced into changing ours. The rules only applied to those clubs who were in the top two divisions so whilst teams like us, Swindon etc. have struggled financially (and teams like Luton have been relegated from the football league) teams like Cardiff and the like who came into money could circumvent the rules.

indeed these days were glorious and profitable, but it doesnt mean all your dreams will come true and your paths will be paved in gold.

Besides, I didnt hear many complaints when rochy and chaddy were being rebuilt.

Lets face it, if Alan Hardy was on 10% of the mechandise, that is the "fault" of whoever put it in his contract

But it is certainly common practice, and anyone who was succesful would have had it.

AH was pretty lucky to be there at that time, I am guessing that he would admit that.

Not everyone would have been motivated to get the merchandise activity at a maximum, so he deserves every penny.

And one other fact, if AH was on 10%, that means the club got 90%. Dont forget all of that would have to have been net of VAT.

It's envy, pure and simple.

Lets face it, if Alan Hardy was on 10% of the mechandise, that is the "fault" of whoever put it in his contract

It's envy, pure and simple.

It's also a poor argument ("slippery slope"). If we're going to blame someone for our current status then, as another person has said, it can Lees Brewery or, my personal favourite would be Craig Fleming. Let me explain*: when the ball came back over the top 13 seconds before the end at Wembley in April 1994 if he'd got to it before you-know-who or if he'd have decked you-know-who then we'd be quids in and BP would forever be our home. :grin:

* I was tempted to explain this to Craig while we all watched the Charity Shield in the Cobh Rangers clubhouse on the pre-season tour of Ireland in 1996 but I, er, didn't... :)