Yes, we were that poor!!

Brill...........jesus h christ, did he ever move off his feet all game?

We didn't string two passes together all the first half, is this the style of football Penney want's us to play?

Not sure Abott has the presence to hold the ball and play Parker and Furman et al in, looked very ordinary.

We looked more balanced with Eardley and Lomax on the park, granted Furman was missing today but we looked clueless.

Sign that giant centre half on loan, he was excellent, Hazell was very poor today.

Don't forget, we were playing a third string Sunderland side today and were were outclassed.

Even Penney couldn't find anything encouraging or constructive to shout, all he did was shriek.....'Get out' all through the game.

Long season ahead!!

Sign that giant centre half on loan, he was excellent,

If the manger doesn't make an enquiry for him at least on a seasons loan he will have gone down in my estimation.

The lad must prefer playing regular league football to reserve matches in empty stadiums.

Edited by BP1960

Yes, we were that poor!!

Brill...........jesus h christ, did he ever move off his feet all game?

We didn't string two passes together all the first half, is this the style of football Penney want's us to play?

Not sure Abott has the presence to hold the ball and play Parker and Furman et al in, looked very ordinary.

We looked more balanced with Eardley and Lomax on the park, granted Furman was missing today but we looked clueless.

Sign that giant centre half on loan, he was excellent, Hazell was very poor today.

Don't forget, we were playing a third string Sunderland side today and were were outclassed.

Even Penney couldn't find anything encouraging or constructive to shout, all he did was shriek.....'Get out' all through the game.

Long season ahead!!

oh.

might cancel my season ticket. :unsure:

am i the only one that didn't think we were that bad apart from hazell? :huh: i was impressed with some of the football that was played especially in the second half. Keigan Parker looked quality aswell. The result doesn't matter, it's only a friendly...

agreed mate

am i the only one that didn't think we were that bad apart from hazell? :huh: i was impressed with some of the football that was played especially in the second half. Keigan Parker looked quality aswell. The result doesn't matter, it's only a friendly...

i agree aswel i was guna ask if i ad been watching a different game some of the football we played was very good as was some of the passing specially 2nd half till the first choice forwards went off. and that was without arguably our best passer (furman). i thought, although there is obviuosly more to come, that abott played pretty well linked up with parker well and always wanted the ball. he lost it once or twice but he held it up then passed it on far more times parker looked lively worthington was very good and very aggresive again. only bad performance was hazel for me and maybe brill could have done a bit better aswel. wasnt left with much chance with the goals but got beat easily when jacobsen cleared off line and easily beat when they hit the post in 2nd half

agree with you mate, i thought when eardley and lomax came on in the second half made us play alot more fluently, i was impressed with parkers work-rate, but he missed a sitter in the second half. Taylors looking like hes gunna step up to the mark again this season...

Thank **** for that . I was ready to cancel my season, er, I mean, my Latics World subscription... :grin:

well known fact with latics...

poor pre season =brilliant season

long live the loses for now

I was thinking about that. It's definitely been the case from what I remember.

Do you think Big Joe told DP about it and DP asked Hazell to do the honours... :grin:

well known fact with latics...

poor pre season =brilliant season

long live the loses for now

Yeah, it's true for pretty much all teams. What do you really gain from doing well in pre-season? It usually means that any weaknesses in the team don't get exposed until the season starts, and you spend the pre-season feeling smug and patting yourself on the back rather than ironing any problems out.

Its a bit on the harsh side, two sloppy mistakes cost us the goals, and although I agree Brills kicking looked a bit suspect, dont think he could have dome much for either goal.

Played some nice football at times, and I was v impressed with the guy on the left we have just got from arsenal, with the correct coaching he will be a good un!!!!!