Manchester Evening News report from the Masters

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got an e-mail from one of the Masters organisers and while I feel it would unfair to post the entire response on here its true to say they witnessed some of the Burnley behaviour first hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yf9sGm7O5I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Zy4QySNa4

The videos aren’t mine and are a bit kack but this is what happened inside the concourse was a whole different story and was truly shocking.

I got an e-mail from one of the Masters organisers and while I feel it would unfair to post the entire response on here its true to say they witnessed some of the Burnley behaviour first hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Yf9sGm7O5I

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Zy4QySNa4

The videos aren’t mine and are a bit kack but this is what happened inside the concourse was a whole different story and was truly shocking.

Cant see anything sorry

Sure, no probs...

I wish someone could've video'd this on Sat....

1st Young thug: "He's one n'all, smack him..."

Me : "You what?"

2nd Young thug in bogs: "Sorry mate, i didn't mean you"

Me : "Yeah, well if you did I'll remove your f*****g spine"

Moderator in violence promotio shocker!

INSTANT BAN :wink:

speedydingle

#22 26 Jul 2009 10:28 Complain |

Signed: June 2008 re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: re: fighting at soccer maste ...

I was working at Manchester Victoria last night and talked to a few British Transport Police and they had lots of trouble from Bolton and Oldham fans especially people trying to get on the last trains to Rochdale and Huddersfield .

Rubbish....stirred up by GMP....Not that I am disrespectful to law and order but the way the GMP deals with events...( I was going to say large events but it was the masters!! ).....just isn't good enough. I for one am absolutely dreading the world cup coming to us in 2012....if we are successful that is.

beeeaaast

#28 26 Jul 2009 11:36 Complain |

Signed: May 2009 re: re: fighting at soccer masters ...

well said claret sheep! I think the Burnley fans were great last night. Brilliant atmosphere during the blackburn game.

We werent involved in the trouble, FACT!

As for where this poster is talking from........sure I dropped the kids off in the pool!!

Dont need to visit it mate, I saw with my own eyes and the chants of SUICIDE, SUICIDE, SUICIDE which is what the burnley hooligans chant and from our fans OLDHAM, OLDHAM, OLDHAM - might not have been in this order

Isn't it a bit dissappointing that a pensioners tournament turned out like that though? TV cameras and kids all around and so on. I've no objection personally if folk want to have a meet up out of the public eye but this sounds like anything but that. Places like the MEN aren't set up for that sort of thing, there could have been really serious problems if there had been a large scale rushing from one section to another. As a borderline Rochdalian I know that Burnley are best avoided but I wouldn't have thought it would go off like that at the Masters.

Cant see anything sorry

we were more over to the left of the video and have posted our photos on face book. I honestly thought they were Burnely fans as by then, they were out of the comp. One lady steward had a support almost over the rail above the players tunnel, arm up back and his other mates then kicked off.

It was above the players tunnel with our players ready to go on, it was later on the OAFCPROZAC said they were our fans and the day after when we looked at the pictures we took at Sinclairs and the incident in the MEN - One lad stuck out like a sore thumb and sorry to say,went for a copper and they were ours. But I don't know why they kicked off.

There was an incident at the side of sinclairs as you walk down to the church but the police were fast on the case I don't know who was involved. There was singing a plenty but nothing racist in nature - the usual sounds you hear on the terraces

and of course - we were brill

Beardy, Rummy and Tindall assessment of the night to me, is a fair one.

Also at the men friends/couples/groups seems to get segregated. We were in a group of about 11 of us and although we entered the stadium at different times all going for a seat behind the back of the nets - we were stopped. A couple got behind the pegs, 5 on the side and the est of us further along. Whether that was a tack tick by the MEN staff to "divide and conquer" as with other fans and to mix it up - I don't know. A successful tack tick?...hmmm

What scares/worries me more that these so called fans do not wear their teams shirts. Annoyomous and that means they can come at you at any angle without warning - cowardly. Seeing another teams colours near you at least you can be prepared to a degree of some sort of reaction and can act accordingly, wether that means adjusting your own attitude to a more sensible one of "keeping you mouth shut" and act like a human being or being a nethanderal..

Has the tide turned?...are we going back to the 80's violent nature in footy?

Would you prefer them to be holding a big placard saying "WHAT THE FOOK ARE YOU LOOKING AT?"

Can they spell?????......in fact, smack first before opening ones mouth even to throw a bit of "what the fook are you looking at..." seems to be the attitude these days

Wonder how long before Outraged of Failsworth posts this article on her Facebook group as further evidence of how our fanbase is a hotbed of BNP support, and us moving ground will mean riots in her garden every other weekend. :angry:

Wonder how long before Outraged of Failsworth posts this article on her Facebook group as further evidence of how our fanbase is a hotbed of BNP support, and us moving ground will mean riots in her garden every other weekend. :angry:

Listen.....I don't mess with another ladies bush/garden thanks.....she can keep he pansies too......lol...

unbelievable these so called "fans" ruins everyones experience,

ask them any question about the club and they wont be able to answer unless it starts with "when it all kicked off at..."

just using football as an excuse to be a wild mob

then you get asshole wannabe tough guys like danny dyer trying to give this sort of thing attention, trying to popularise it

for a start, he appears in one film (football factories) ACTING as a football hooligan and thinks hes some sort of mob boss, the only other one he appears in (mean machine) he gets kicked in the gonads off jason statham and bullied by vinnie jones

she lives in failsworth, dont they sell houses with metal windows as standard these days?

unbelievable these so called "fans" ruins everyones experience,

ask them any question about the club and they wont be able to answer unless it starts with "when it all kicked off at..."

just using football as an excuse to be a wild mob

then you get asshole wannabe tough guys like danny dyer trying to give this sort of thing attention, trying to popularise it

for a start, he appears in one film (football factories) ACTING as a football hooligan and thinks hes some sort of mob boss, the only other one he appears in (mean machine) he gets kicked in the gonads off jason statham and bullied by vinnie jones

There is no doubt that films like Football Factories etc glamorise football violence. Only decent hooligan film I have seen is ID. Thought the rest where poor.