Manchester Evening News report from the Masters

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

what a damp blanket on an otherwise great event for Oldham.

Last year we lit up the M.E.N with great reports of our support. This year the kn*b*ds come down and ruin it ! Leaves a real bad taste

Edited by razza699

I didn't see any trouble, then again I was probably too bladdered to notice.

I saw some bother for a bit, in the corner on your right if you were looking at the goal with no fans behind. Seen a load of stewards going and dragging some people out. Couldn't see exactly as I didn't have my specs on!

Apart from that though, no bother! They couldn't afford to not have Oldham and Burnley there, there were about 3000 if not more of the fans! Shame a small minority got a bit out of hand.

I saw some bother for a bit, in the corner on your right if you were looking at the goal with no fans behind. Seen a load of stewards going and dragging some people out. Couldn't see exactly as I didn't have my specs on!

Apart from that though, no bother! They couldn't afford to not have Oldham and Burnley there, there were about 3000 if not more of the fans! Shame a small minority got a bit out of hand.

Think as a result of this we can possibly expect next year

- Vastly increased police presence

- Earlier kick off for the event

- Possibly no alcohol at the event

Think as a result of this we can possibly expect next year

- Vastly increased police presence

- Earlier kick off for the event

- Possibly no alcohol at the event

I seriously doubt an early kick off. Sky will want to keep it in the prime spot it has now. The other two I can see for sure.

Course they can, its only our 2nd tournament and Burnleys first and the tournament has been going for a long time. Yeah last year was good but even though I only really saw one problem in the corner, the atmosphere was a lot more menacing than last year.

Well, I hope you are all ashamed of yourselves. Thank god I was behaving with taste and decorum at a wedding on the outskirts of Hull, where I was reminded that I had actually met the bridesmaid previously, and had attempted to ply her with strong white cider. When she was 14.

Well, I hope you are all ashamed of yourselves. Thank god I was behaving with taste and decorum at a wedding on the outskirts of Hull, where I was reminded that I had actually met the bridesmaid previously, and had attempted to ply her with strong white cider. When she was 14.

Stay Classy San Diego Andy.

I seriously doubt an early kick off. Sky will want to keep it in the prime spot it has now. The other two I can see for sure.

Not all Masters are 8pm Saturday kick offs. The majority are, but I think the Northern one was 3pm Sunday. Could be a goer. Even if they had no alcohol there, I'm sure it was too late for many. Me being one, drinking on the boat from the Isle of Man from 8:30...

If it was moved on police instruction then i doubt sky could do much about that

Nope. But they could insist that the Masters kick Oldham/Burnley out and then get in two teams who won't beat lumps out of perfect strangers for a laugh.

I suppose the most important bit, is how long ago was it, ie old were you at the time !

If it was 4 years ago or somethng them that is very dodgy.

If it was 20 years ago and you were 14 or so at the time, then I think that can be considered less dodgy!

I suppose the most important bit, is how long ago was it, ie old were you at the time !

If it was 4 years ago or somethng them that is very dodgy.

If it was 20 years ago and you were 14 or so at the time, then I think that can be considered less dodgy!

I think the fact that she was the bridesmaid on Saturday will give you the answer. It'll be dodgy, you can count on that :wink:

I think the fact that she was the bridesmaid on Saturday will give you the answer. It'll be dodgy, you can count on that :wink:

I would probably have been about 21. And in my defence, I was only showing her a crucial aspect of what university life entails while she was visiting her big sister. In fact, I was performing a public service. I am content on my piece of moral high ground.