Andy Liddell - sad news

there was a little snippet in Saturday's programme about Andy losing his daughter, this really is a tragedy an I am sure all fellow Latics fans would like to pass on their sincere condolences and best wishes to the Liddell family. RIP Little Giorgina Grace, another little angel lost far too soon.

Andy Liddell's story

You can also donate or sponsor Andy in the Great North Run through clicking the link.

There is going to be more on this in the Stockport programme I believe.

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tell you what we never know as fans what people are going through when we're shouting for better performances etc and they've got more important things going on in there own lives....puts it all into perspective eh!

RIP and big respect for the man and prayers for the family!

Tell you what we never know as fans what people are going through when we're shouting for better performances etc and they've got more important things going on in there own lives....puts it all into perspective eh!

RIP and big respect for the man and prayers for the family!

Its very true... I suppose it should not be all the shocking when footballers are a bit stoney faced about moving clubs etc... its only a job to them... It has to be I suppose...

I felt very sad reading this story and my heart goes out to the Lidds family, our own daughter had complications at birth when she came into the world 9 weeks too early in 1991 and suffers from cerebal palsy

Life can deal you some terrible blows at times but it's how you bounce back from them that makes you stronger, All the best Lidds!

ps Donations been made

I felt very sad reading this story and my heart goes out to the Lidds family, our own daughter had complications at birth when she came into the world 9 weeks too early in 1991 and suffers from cerebal palsy

Life can deal you some terrible blows at times but it's how you bounce back from them that makes you stronger, All the best Lidds!

ps Donations been made

what condition is that mate?? if you dont mind me asking...

what condition is that mate?? if you dont mind me asking...

Brain damage affecting her gross movement and fine motor skills, learning and difficulty in carrying out the everyday tasks most of us take for granted.

Brain damage affecting her gross movement and fine motor skills, learning and difficulty in carrying out the everyday tasks most of us take for granted.

sorry mate... yeah true we all take it for granted and also dont resect other people enough and understand what other people have or have not got in life... make you think when you hear about other people like youself and lids.. its an eye opener to me and im going to grab things with two hands to ensure josh has the best in life or what i can give him in heart and guideance, such a shame when you hear stories like this..

sorry for being so morbid about this but it just makes you realise.... sorry if ive worded things abit wrong but im not good at wording things ....

Heart breaking. No parent should EVER have to bury a child, and being a parent myself I struggle to see how anybody could ever get over the loss.

God bless Giorgina, and our thoughts are with Andy and his wife.

Heart breaking. No parent should EVER have to bury a child, and being a parent myself I struggle to see how anybody could ever get over the loss.

God bless Giorgina, and our thoughts are with Andy and his wife.

When I was younger I met a girl who already had a little boy, things got serious and I was bringing the boy up as my own, he had underlying health problems but he was a happy little chap and we had our whole future mapped out as a family - then shortly before Christmas '96 he contracted meningitis and died, it tore us apart - we split shortly after and it took me a long time to deal with it - it destroys you. It's something you never get over, something that is there every single day that you learn to live with. All deaths are tragic but when it happens to a child and one close to you it is all the more heartbreaking.

Now i'm married with two of my own kids and thanks to the grace of God both are healthy and I cherish what I have - but there isn't a day that goes past when I don't think of Daniel - he was barely two years old.

Good luck with the fundraising Lidds, donation made and God Bless you and your family. I'm not sure I could have faced kicking a ball around so soon after such a loss.

I don't mind admitting I cried reading Lidds' story. I just don't know how I would have coped if I'd lost either of my children. I still don't and their both married with families of their own now.

My heartfelt condolences go out to Andy and his wife. Raise an absolute fortune, Lidds. You're a star.

ps Donations been made

As has been mentioned on here it does put our fascination/obsession with footy and Latics in perspective a bit and also highlights what some players may be going thru when they are trying to play for our team. My 9 yo daughter also has cerebral palsy as a result of being born prem and the complications that went with it. Fortunately her main disability is she's not the best at walking and running and hit's the deck rather often as Chaddy will tell you having witnessed her at BB parties. 2 Boxing Days ago she was match mascot against Forest at home and i was dreading her coming down the steps with the teams and taking a flyer. Captain that day was Eards who being 18/19 at the time and with a huge match in front of him had the understanding to hold all the players and officials up behind him as he walked down the steps at her pace holding her hand,rather than jogging down as they do. I don't tend to yell at him as much now when he puts it in Row Z.

Edited by astottie

When I was younger I met a girl who already had a little boy, things got serious and I was bringing the boy up as my own, he had underlying health problems but he was a happy little chap and we had our whole future mapped out as a family - then shortly before Christmas '96 he contracted meningitis and died, it tore us apart - we split shortly after and it took me a long time to deal with it - it destroys you. It's something you never get over, something that is there every single day that you learn to live with. All deaths are tragic but when it happens to a child and one close to you it is all the more heartbreaking.

Now i'm married with two of my own kids and thanks to the grace of God both are healthy and I cherish what I have - but there isn't a day that goes past when I don't think of Daniel - he was barely two years old.

Good luck with the fundraising Lidds, donation made and God Bless you and your family. I'm not sure I could have faced kicking a ball around so soon after such a loss.

I don;t mind admitting I got a lump in my troat when I read Lidds story.

But then I did with your story to prozac.

Then I got to the end.

My son is also called Daniel and he is is also just over two years old.

Jolted me in my tracks I can tell you.

Like Dan, whom you answered, having to bury a child must be the most heart wrenching thing.

I am slightly de-sensitised, as where I work they delaw ith poorly children even those wih cancer, and you see if every day.

I think that is what makes your story a bolt from the blue prozac.

I think we have seen a little bit more of each other in this thread, and it puts the discussions about whether the stadium is too big or not into perspective (not having a pop at CJ, I was equally involved) just what is important to discuss.

Heartfelt wishes to Lidds and his family

Edited by singe

I don;t mind admitting I got a lump in my troat when I read Lidds story.

But then I did with your story to prozac.

Then I got to the end.

My son is called Daniel and he is is just over two years old.

Jolted me in my tracks I can tell you.

Like Dan, whom you answered, having to bury a child must be the most heart wrenching thing.

I am slightly de-sensitised, as where I work they delaw ith poorly children even those wih cancer, and you see if every day.

I think that is what makes your story a bolt from the blue prozac.

I think we have seen a little bit more of each other in this thread, and it puts the discussions about whether the stadium is too big or not into perspective (not having a pop at CJ, I was equally involved) just what is important to discuss.

Heartfelt wishes to Lidds and his family

:applause1: spot on!!!!

wonder how many ppl will go home and give that extra little bit today than they would normally... you can guarantee i will... and ill be shown nicola this thread just to show how lucky we all are no matter what happens

Edited by kellysheroes