The big stadium capacity question.

singe

Is downscaling the stadium to 12,000 capacity the right solution?  

200 members have voted

1. 1. Is 16,000 a downscaling of ambition or sensible planning.

• Yes. 16,000 is the minimum, we should not downscale our ambitions.
    • No. 12,000 is adequate for our needs.
  2. 2. If the stadium was built for 12,000 but clearly included expansion plans to at least 16,000, would you be happy.

• Yes. 12,000 but expandable is suitable compromise.
    • No. Minimum of 16,000 now

Like certain others, you keep saying 'I'm out' and then coming back.

Didn't you read what I said? No extra seats were needed back then because the ground was considerably bigger than it is now. Would 12000 have been enough capacity in 1990-91 or in the next three seasons? No. It wouldn't even have been enough in 1973-74 or 1970-71.

Granted, but for pretty much the other 100 years we have been in existance, it would have bene perfectly adequate.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Butt out Corp.

I replied to Stitch on a specific point he made about me that was incorrect.

It was not directed at you or anyone else for that matter.

Anyway, on that point I think I will retire from this board.

Cheerio

And to all Tics out there, KEEP THE FAITH.

Cheers and Goodbye,

Harry

Harry! Don't be be tangling me up with you leaving the board! I couldn't live with myself, and we will all have to cope with Corp having more of the last, bleak word. :wink:

So, apologies for getting muddled up and claiming you laughed at the post which was actually the post replying to your laughing! :)

Perhaps even lowering the pitch level to lower the profile of the ground.

You could be onto something. Maybe they are lowering the profile to the point where the club is only suitbale to be based in the lowest point in the world. I knew it was bloody Jewish plot. It's always the Jews.

Failsworth On Sea

You could be onto something. Maybe they are lowering the profile to the point where the club is only suitbale to be based in the lowest point in the world. I knew it was bloody Jewish plot. It's always the Jews.

Failsworth On Sea

maybe corp should be hot footing it to bp for his forum ticket/s then he can ask the people in the know all his bewildering questions on the new ground,capacity and why were underachieving(in his eyes)...much better than banging a 1 beat drum on here.

maybe corp should be hot footing it to bp for his forum ticket/s then he can ask the people in the know all his bewildering questions on the new ground,capacity and why were underachieving(in his eyes)...much better than banging a 1 beat drum on here.

Wouldn't want him to look foolish in public would we?

Not the point that LL was making, though, and irrelevant to the issue of whether we want to be something more than lickle Oldham.

I think we will still be regarded as lickle Oldham, even with 16,000 seats.

We've only been big for about 12 of our 100 years, so better not get ideas above our station.

wouldnt do that. he has already said that he woudnt be going. Faceless coward. His drum would be confiscated, and they wouldnt allow goalposts(for him to change) in the forum. Pity really as he would probably be a good voice. Although he would probably resort to insults, when proven wrong, May have to change his name to Corpral punishment!!!!!!!!

Edited by manshaw

Bloody Hell Corp you give BB80 a run for his money on word count these days....lol

Perhaps just perhaps the club havent got it written in tablets of stone that seating has to be 12,000 and restricted to 12,000, just perhaps the architects will consider those points that have been raised time and time again re the majority feeling that a compromise of reality/perceived ambition needs to be struck somewhere between 12,000 and 16,000 seats or at least 12,000 seats and perhaps space in corners for the extra 1000 per corner.

Would you feel that covered the issues that concern you with regard to stadium size, ambition?

Thats the way I feel the club will go in the end a fairly steep sided, close to pitch ground with some degree of easy upgrade without extra tiers, major stand changes. Perhaps even lowering the pitch level to lower the profile of the ground.

Until the club are in a position to release some draft plans we are ALL guessing whats the master plan. Perhaps we should wait and see at this point.

As said to Mr Green Shirt, most people, including me, have been not been debating the pros and cons of the entire proposal but the idea of a 12000 capacity stadium because the club...issued a statement saying they were intending to build a 12000 capacity stadium. That, and the proposed location, is all we know and, hence, all we can debate up to now.

Meanwhile, I can see the architects poring over threads on OWTB, crossing this bit out here, and adding a bit there.

Maybe Ed could read the thread and take into account questions already dealt with.

We've only been big for about 12 of our 100 years, so better not get ideas above our station.

The thing is that, deep down, you're not joking.

We'll get a little lower division stadium for a little lower division club because that's all that a substantial portion of Latics fans want. A lot of those that wanted more are, I suspect, going to be seen seldom at either BP or any new stadium in future.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

wouldnt do that. he has already said that he woudnt be going. Faceless coward. His drum would be confiscated, and they wouldnt allow goalposts(for him to change) in the forum. Pity really as he would probably be a good voice. Although he would probably resort to insults, when proven wrong, May have to change his name to Corpral punishment!!!!!!!!

What's cowardly about not going to an event where we will be given justifications for why the stadium has to have the small capacity of twelve thousand, and why, in the opinion of those who run the club, it doesn't represent a downscaling of ambition? Those arguments have already been put on here, and I'll get to hear them again soon enough when the details of the meeting are announced.

Apart from that, I feel uncomfortable alongside retarded people like yourself.

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Exactly. We've never been a massive club.

What's cowardly about not going to an event where we will be given justifications for why the stadium has to have the small capacity of twelve thousand, and why, in the opinion of those who run the club, it doesn't represent a downscaling of ambition? Those arguments have already been put on here, and I'll get to hear them again soon enough when the details of the meeting are announced.

Apart from that, I feel uncomfortable alongside retarded people like yourself.

I rest my case