Lewi on his way

There's one of the five I mentioned. Oh to be smart arse eh?. Last chance saloon Lewi, it takes hard work and dedication to make it sunshine. A handful of games in league three when bereft of forwards doesn't mean you've made it. Swan round the Deva.

There's one of the five I mentioned. Oh to be smart arse eh?. Last chance saloon Lewi, it takes hard work and dedication to make it sunshine. A handful of games in league three when bereft of forwards doesn't mean you've made it. Swan round the Deva.

Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out...

On the face of it, I think it's a bit harsh. Footballing wise, he was dropped just as he was starting to hit a bit of form last season, and for the first few months he and Hughes looked like a superb partnership. I felt he deserved a couple more games before being dropped for the loan parade coming in.

Rumours of his lack of dedication off the pitch and in training have probably attributed to this, and wouldn't surprise me if he found his level at Chester and faded away into non-league. He does have talent, but it's very frustrating how he seems willing to throw his potential down the drain.

who were the other four?

On trial with view to loan at Chester City, played and scored last night!!!

Bit out of the blue?? Obviously fallen well down pecking order, cant see way back myself

Opinions?

hopefully he will get some proper match practice instead of the odd sub appearance and come back stronger for us

out of contract at end of season could this be the end of lewi at latics? personally i hope he does well comes back in janruary and does well for us. cant be easy getting ten minutes here an ten minutes there. he obviously has talent just needs to rediscover it. good luck to him

He isn't. Out of contract summer 2011.

ah ok then ignore that bit then. didnt check was brought up at the boro game and was told this his last year. could let him go for full season with a recall then so that if we are doing well without him he will get a full season under his belt

Might be just what Lewis needs, a good run of games even if it is in non-league. Very good partnership with Hughes start of last season, broken up and was never the same all season after that and pre-season so far.

Upto Lewis now, don't think Penney is impressed so far. A good showing at Chester for a few months may bring him back into our first-team plans.

Would like to see Paul Black out on loan as well, he hasn't lived up to his promise so far.

Good move by Penney will either wake the lad up or he is out.

Had this argument for a while. I dont think he is a bad player. i just dont see the superstar icon he hads become. He is young and raw. but to me you cant coach attitude and backbone. I think at times he has shown neither

Had this argument for a while. I dont think he is a bad player. i just dont see the superstar icon he hads become. He is young and raw. but to me you cant coach attitude and backbone. I think at times he has shown neither

A mate who saw Chester play at Droylsden this afternoon said he was outstanding full of running and scored a beauty from 25 yards out.