Fabian Delph to Villa

Whats all the fuss over Delph has he actually produced anymore than Taylor in the division? Or is he just "rated" by so called experts.

Agree, has just been way over hyped because its L**ds. Unproven above League One, max price £2m.... if he goes for anything more its a joke.

Delph for that much money makes me think we could get £3mill (minimum) for Chris Taylor. There is no way Delph is worth 3 times what Taylor is. They are both in the main wingers and despite being in a worse team (much more so in the last 3months of the season) Taylor scored more goals than Delph, and Taylor can definately play on either wing (something which isn't as common as perhaps it should be). Delph has had international recognition, he's got an under 21 cap, but how did he get it- was it during a period where a lot of players who play in simialr position were either injured or unavailible (probably because they were playing for the senior side), I don't recall him playing in the european championships- despite Pearce playing the reserves for one game.

Plus, if Delph does go to Villa Leeds will have 4 weeks to find another player, even if they put in a good offer I'd make them wait until at least after xmas before agreeing anything with Taylor as we will have a good idea about how our season has gone (and is going to go). Without Delph and possibly without Beckford (who though is rumoured to want to stay now) Leeds might well struggle and we could well be in a better league position (we certainly were during the transfer window last season).

I agree, what has he actually produced? Also if he's worth 6 million then should we ever lose taylor we need to get a good price for once. I'm sick of clubs stealing our players for a pittance because we're ' little oldham '

By the way, how the hell are leeds 7/2 favs for league 1? Terrible value!!

Whats all the fuss over Delph has he actually produced anymore than Taylor in the division? Or is he just "rated" by so called experts.

Got it in a ntshell.

I only saw him play once (the pink shirt game).

Over-rated based on that performance and a bit of a dirty git too.

From the couple of times I've seen this guy hes been very poor and not even worth £600k nevermind £6-10mil thats being quoted.

I can not understand anybody forking out that kind of money on a third division player, it just shows there is too much money to waste in the prem

Got it in a ntshell.

I only saw him play once (the pink shirt game).

Over-rated based on that performance and a bit of a dirty git too.

I was pretty impressed with him at elland road but people are right, he's not 3 times as good as Taylor. i guess Ken Bates does have his uses.

I was pretty impressed with him at elland road but people are right, he's not 3 times as good as Taylor. i guess Ken Bates does have his uses.

Unfortunately I think we are all looking at this with rose tintes spectacles. Unfortunately Delph will one day play for England, Chris Taylor wont. Plus isnt Taylor the best part of 5 years older than Delph?

Any comparisons to Taylor are just a bit off... taylor is a winger, Delph although occasionally playing on the wing is a central midfielder, and will definately play this position when he matures. He is a dirty little bugger now, but he will sort this out with experience.

Again... its stupid money. But you are paying this for potential. Chrisy has the ability to perhaps step up a division. Delph has the potential to be one of the top midfielders in the world. Different gravy.

... Also, if Leeds do sign hoolahoop which is likely with Larry at the helm, i'd highly doubt they would be interested in taylor.... Hoolahoop was the best player int he division with the lashers, so that is rather worrying....

Unfortunately I think we are all looking at this with rose tintes spectacles. Unfortunately Delph will one day play for England, Chris Taylor wont. Plus isnt Taylor the best part of 5 years older than Delph?

Any comparisons to Taylor are just a bit off... taylor is a winger, Delph although occasionally playing on the wing is a central midfielder, and will definately play this position when he matures. He is a dirty little bugger now, but he will sort this out with experience.

Again... its stupid money. But you are paying this for potential. Chrisy has the ability to perhaps step up a division. Delph has the potential to be one of the top midfielders in the world. Different gravy.

... Also, if Leeds do sign hoolahoop which is likely with Larry at the helm, i'd highly doubt they would be interested in taylor.... Hoolahoop was the best player int he division with the lashers, so that is rather worrying....

I think your over rating Delph there.

I think your over rating Delph there.

Really? How do you know?

Hasnt he been forst choice for England at every youth age group he has played in, and played for the U-21's at 17.

Indicates he is going to be a pretty top player. I think the opposite... people on here under-rate him as he plays for Leeds.

Guest sheridans_world
Really? How do you know?

Hasnt he been forst choice for England at every youth age group he has played in, and played for the U-21's at 17.

Indicates he is going to be a pretty top player. I think the opposite... people on here under-rate him as he plays for Leeds.

Paul Murray got four caps for England under 21, he also played for England B. He was "snapped up" by then premiership side Southampton, but only played one game, before coming to us.

A good midfielder who played for us, granted, but not a world beater.

If Delph was so good, he'd have been spotted at youth level and bought then, Leeds have been here three years now, they dont have the pulling power they used to. Their risk with Beckford proves that.

Paul Murray got four caps for England under 21, he also played for England B. He was "snapped up" by then premiership side Southampton, but only played one game, before coming to us.

If Delph was so good, he'd have been spotted at youth level and bought then, Leeds have been here three years now, they dont have the pulling power they used to. Their risk with Beckford proves that.

:petesake:

He's bloody 17!!!

... anyway, I dont give that much of a crap... dont know why i'm arguing on his behalf really... probably the same side of me that is stunned when Latics fans expect our youth players to take on the world...

We will see...

Really? How do you know?

How do you know Taylor will only make it as a championship player?

If Delph was that good why would the like of Man U, Arsenal etc let him go to Villa? and why would he only go this year. If he were truely that good one of the big clubs would have had him a year ago. The big clubs sign these potential world class players from all over the world when they are 15/16 years old. Do you think if he was that good they would have let him get to 19 without signing him.

Dont get me wrong, I think he's a good player but he's still only proven at the same level as Taylor.

Guest sheridans_world
:petesake:

He's bloody 17!!!

... anyway, I dont give that much of a crap... dont know why i'm arguing on his behalf really... probably the same side of me that is stunned when Latics fans expect our youth players to take on the world...

We will see...

He's 19 :blink:

Delph was spotted at youth level by Chelsea who tried to raid the Leeds youth system, they signed two 15 year olds for £5 million and were willing to pay more for Delph but he turned them down.

He was spotted by Leeds when they were in the Prem. They took him from Bradford.

I have my doubts about him being one of the worlds best ever and I don't think he's worth the fee either but they're paying for the potential. If he'd been with Latics we'd not have got anything like that sort of money. Not worth 500k would have been the claim no doubt.

He was spotted by Leeds when they were in the Prem. They took him from Bradford.

I have my doubts about him being one of the worlds best ever and I don't think he's worth the fee either but they're paying for the potential. If he'd been with Latics we'd not have got anything like that sort of money. Not worth 500k would have been the claim no doubt.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5472030,00.html

£8 million + Add ons! :shock: