Eardley - Official Site

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The trouble with Eardley is T4A are not going to let another "Portergate" develop IF as I think is correct hes out of contract next year and no sign of wanting to extend his deal latics are going to take the cash, however little rather than allow the Porteresque departure, and quite frankly who can blame them. However I cant understand how even with repeated changes of ownership latics still fail to value players as other clubs do. IF Delph had been a tic he would have gone to Villa for £500k. Its an area of business Latics constantly get wrong.

IF we have to cash in on Eardley, Taylor or Chris O'Grady so be it..... :mmm:

" I cant understand how even with repeated changes of ownership latics still fail to value players as other clubs do."

You can put any number of zero's at the end of a valuation......A player is only worth what another club is prepared to pay!!!

The trouble with Eardley is T4A are not going to let another "Portergate" develop IF as I think is correct hes out of contract next year and no sign of wanting to extend his deal latics are going to take the cash, however little rather than allow the Porteresque departure, and quite frankly who can blame them. However I cant understand how even with repeated changes of ownership latics still fail to value players as other clubs do. IF Delph had been a tic he would have gone to Villa for £500k. Its an area of business Latics constantly get wrong.

IF we have to cash in on Eardley, Taylor or Chris O'Grady so be it..... :mmm:

I have asked begore - where are the examples of Latics letting players go for a price that wasn't regarded as ok at the time?

The "firesale" when Chris Moores left is an exception. Other than that ??

I have asked begore - where are the examples of Latics letting players go for a price that wasn't regarded as ok at the time?

The "firesale" when Chris Moores left is an exception. Other than that ??

Dennis Irwin to man utd!

Edited by laticmad

My God is that serious, nearly every player who leaves Boundary Park leaves on the cheep compared to OTHER clubs.

Will turn that round and say what fees we have got in do you think are at market value or above. I will conceed Trotters was a good deal for someone having played 18 games. You read about a n other at say Swindon, Bristol Rovers....even Rochdale do better £ for £ on transfers, we start low and go lower other appear to get £300,000 for an average player.

I wait to be proved wrong.

The proof of the pudding is in the resale. Who have we sold on the cheap who has then moved on again for more? Firesale included, I'm struggling off the top of my head to think of any standout examples.

The proof of the pudding is in the resale. Who have we sold on the cheap who has then moved on again for more? Firesale included, I'm struggling off the top of my head to think of any standout examples.

Armstrong? Im sure he went to reading for alot more than the 100k we received for him

Fitz Hall (did alright out of the % though)

Clint Hill was swapped for Leon Cort

Armstrong?

Makin went for mucho wonga but he shafted us

Fitz Hall (did alright out of the % though)

Clint Hill was swapped for Leon Cort

Armstrong?

Makin went for mucho wonga but he shafted us

Sorry, firesale excluded... Can you give us the £s for any others about the resale price Mr Prozac?

Sorry, firesale excluded... Can you give us the £s for any others about the resale price Mr Prozac?

Irwin free

Milligan £600k back to us and then sold again for £800k

Warhurst big kick in the balls bought for £10k sold for £750k, went for other deals totalling £3.5M!!!

Gunnar Halle sold for £400k to Leeds sold on for £200k

Paul Gerrard left on a free from Everton after they paid £1.2m

Earl The Pearl sold for £1.7M sold on to Everton for 1.7m

Makin went for sod all sold on for deals totalling £1.9m

Porter shafted us sold on for ££££

Anyone in mind????

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11688_5477038,00.html

They have been right on everything Latics related so far

Corp moment coming on...

Pretty :censored: that he's going to poxy Blackpool, when you look at the mess they were in under Colin Hendry, now they're buying up our players. FFS! How much progress have we truly made under TTA? The marketing and commercial side has died on it's arse and they seem to be throwing good money after bad, why?

Corp moment coming on...

Pretty :censored: that he's going to poxy Blackpool, when you look at the mess they were in under Colin Hendry, now they're buying up our players. FFS! How much progress have we truly made under TTA? The marketing and commercial side has died on it's arse and they seem to be throwing good money after bad, why?

We were dying on our arses under Brierley et al, but it was still Oldham Athletic and there was an honesty about both the club and its fans, we knew we were fooked but crowds were slightly better tha they are likely to be this season, now no one knows WTF is going on, with too many feathering their own nests to ensure their place at the trough. What are TTA intentions, and will the transfer fee be published?

Wasn't he at the end of his contract within 3 months at the time hence the low value?

no he is contracted until June 2010, but can negotiate from January 1st, as he's only 19 he'd command compensation but i'm sure he's already beed advised to move cross-border if it came down to that.

Does anyone actually have a clue to the fee? I have heard £300k-£450k mentioned on this site

How much do the boo boys sorry embryos think he's worth or is he crap but being sold on the cheap ;-)

Can't please all of the people all of the time ;-)

Does anyone actually have a clue to the fee? I have heard £300k-£450k mentioned on this site

How much do the boo boys sorry embryos think he's worth or is he crap but being sold on the cheap ;-)

Can't please all of the people all of the time ;-)

Eards is only 19 and already a full international, he'll go on to be a top, top player imo. Yes, he has his faults but who hasn't at 19. I wonder who the pricks will pick on this year...

Eards is only 19 and already a full international, he'll go on to be a top, top player imo. Yes, he has his faults but who hasn't at 19. I wonder who the pricks will pick on this year...

I'm a fan so with you on this, it might be good for him to consistently play at a higher level.

Its good business though if we can get a good price for him, it depends on what the money secures or allows in terms of progression I suppose.

Getting £1m and then it being wasted doesn't help, hopefully it will help improve the team however much it is