Eardley - Official Site

I'm a fan so with you on this, it might be good for him to consistently play at a higher level.

Its good business though if we can get a good price for him, it depends on what the money secures or allows in terms of progression I suppose.

Getting £1m and then it being wasted doesn't help, hopefully it

Edited by oafcprozac

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Come on Lees the resale value has nothing to do with it either over the years latics have generally sold players on the cheap side or let them go in dubious circumstances. Before anyone starts telling me different (before my time ) my relation took Alan Groves to Blackpool on the cheap, my dad even did the paperwork.

John Ryan, Sinclair, Gerrard, are other older examples from what I am told. David Beresford went cheap at the time.

Irwin was an absolute bargain for United at the time a £1million tag about right.

Makin was the first player to use the Bosman type fiddle went to Marseile? then Sunderland bought him...I think?

I think it has a lot to do with it. It's a good guide to whether we were deluding ourselves about what a player was actually worth. Most players will move again after leaving us, if they were on the up then I would expect them to move for a fair bit more the next time than when we were mugged for them.

Oh, and Prozac, combined transfer fees for Redfearn? That's like a trick I would play in work! Averaging out to about a bag of chips and a can of strong cider each one!

I think it has a lot to do with it. It's a good guide to whether we were deluding ourselves about what a player was actually worth. Most players will move again after leaving us, if they were on the up then I would expect them to move for a fair bit more the next time than when we were mugged for them.

Oh, and Prozac, combined transfer fees for Redfearn? That's like a trick I would play in work! Averaging out to about a bag of chips and a can of strong cider each one![/quote]

Just over £1.9m during a career that spanned 16 clubs, we paid £150k for him, sold him to Barnsley for the same. Charlton paid £1M, Bradford £250k and Wigan £112,500...

Edited by oafcprozac

Oh, and Prozac, combined transfer fees for Redfearn? That's like a trick I would play in work! Averaging out to about a bag of chips and a can of strong cider each one![/quote]

Just over £1.9m during a career that spanned 16 clubs, we paid £150k for him, sold him to Barnsley for the same. Charlton paid £1M, Bradford £250k and Wigan £112,500...

IIRC correctly Barnsley fans loved him, Don't know if Charlton felt the same about what must have been one of their biggest signings at that point. Perhaps one of the few to get away, but not one that BFJ was too arsed about? Still not seeing the evidence that we let players go on the cheap.

Eards is only 19 and already a full international, he'll go on to be a top, top player imo. Yes, he has his faults but who hasn't at 19. I wonder who the pricks will pick on this year...

The problem is though, as you alluded to earlier... I just dont hink he will do it at Blackpool. Neal was always going to leave this summer, he needed to, he was stagnating here and no-one really appreciated him (or atleast the small majority of vocal tossers at BP).... However I cant really see that the set up and development coaching at the lashers is really streets ahead of ours to accelerate his career...

... I'm pretty dissapointed he is going to the lashers for his sake... they are relegation fodder for me. Plus Holloway is an utter nobber who succeeds in consistently alienating his players and mis-managing his clubs, I can uttely see the same at Blackpool... and Mr Eards may find himself back in League 1 next season after having a very poor year...

I'd hope for both us and Neal this may trigger a couple of other clubs to pull thier finger out... If the rumours of coventry being interested are true, then i'm sure Neal would jump at the chance to work under Coleman....

We were dying on our arses under Brierley et al, but it was still Oldham Athletic and there was an honesty about both the club and its fans, we knew we were fooked but crowds were slightly better tha they are likely to be this season, now no one knows WTF is going on, with too many feathering their own nests to ensure their place at the trough. What are TTA intentions, and will the transfer fee be published?

Who are those ' feathering their own nests ' ?

And in case you didn't know, Blackpool are backed by Valeri Belokon who's mad enough to pump millions in Blackpool.

no he is contracted until June 2010, but can negotiate from January 1st, as he's only 19 he'd command compensation but i'm sure he's already beed advised to move cross-border if it came down to that.

Sorry didn't make it clear that comment was in ref to Irwin rather than Eardley

If he does go, I will just be sad that we never gave an energetic player who can provide a driving run, decent pace, loads of energy, ability to tackle, good sense of position, comfortable on the ball and with an absolutely dynamite shot in either foot a go in central midfield. I only wish I'd thought of this earlier.

If he does go, I will just be sad that we never gave an energetic player who can provide a driving run, decent pace, loads of energy, ability to tackle, good sense of position, comfortable on the ball and with an absolutely dynamite shot in either foot a go in central midfield. I only wish I'd thought of this earlier.

And when some club does give him a good run there....

if we let him go on the cheap,i hope they have the common sense to put in clauses left right and centre....he will go on to become a good player and play at the highest level..despite his knockers.

if trottman went for 500k after 18 games then in those terms after 130 games full international and been captian and can play in midfield,the very least i would agree is around 750k +.

plus cover has already been brought in.

To be fair we were so solid in that area last season it would have been almost impossible to give him a go. He would probably have added nothing but ball winning, denying of space, driving forward runs, intelligent short passing and devastating shooting from outside the box.

To be fair we were so solid in that area last season it would have been almost impossible to give him a go. He would probably have added nothing but ball winning, denying of space, driving forward runs, intelligent short passing and devastating shooting from outside the box.

Yeah but Shez would have had to drop one of his mates...

if we let him go on the cheap,i hope they have the common sense to put in clauses left right and centre....he will go on to become a good player and play at the highest level..despite his knockers.

if trottman went for 500k after 18 games then in those terms after 130 games full international and been captian and can play in midfield,the very least i would agree is around 750k +.

plus cover has already been brought in.

Couldn't agree more Ed.

Also (I know it's been mentioned on here before) what is the sell on clause % that goes to Wrexham?

no he is contracted until June 2010, but can negotiate from January 1st, as he's only 19 he'd command compensation but i'm sure he's already been advised to move cross-border if it came down to that.

The cross-border move doesn't exempt the move from compensation as he is too young. We'd get money if we let his contract run out whatever.

good sports bra should sort that out....