this season?

Well, we drew the one league game played so far 0-0 agaisnt a club that just nearly went bust with fourteen professionals on its books. So yes, we are indeed unbeaten.

Is that the popping of champagne corks I hear?

in the same instance, shall we write the season off as a whole becuase we didnt win

(only reason we didnt win was because of a great performance by their keeper)

hey even if we had won you and alot of others would have been negative anyway, so it doesnt matter does it?

i can hear the :censored:in boos from here...used to hate reds..its quickly becoming oldham fans..clueless

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

he said it pre season, when there was talk of what budget we would have for this season

is a friendly a challenge match? :grin:

Honestly didn't read/hear about that...

I think he must have just wanted an excuse to talk like his Chelsea counterpart, Bruce Buck - who must be a Yank with a name like that. Talking of Yank names...I was saying what a top name 'Randy' is and my mate told me about a chap he worked with in Canada called 'Randy Smallbone'...!! What a name...

No-I just thought it was amusing that you trumpeted the fact that we're unbeaten after....one game.

it was more to point out that the league is the bread and butter and one more game in the league cup wont make alot of difference anyway.

and just seen the goal on SSN cracking cross , good header , brill not a chance

it was more to point out that the league is the bread and butter and one more game in the league cup wont make alot of difference anyway.

and just seen the goal on SSN cracking cross , good header , brill not a chance

A decent cup run, as others have said, might have made the club a bit of money which could have gone some way towards strengthening the squad.

A decent cup run, as others have said, might have made the club a bit of money which could have gone some way towards strengthening the squad.

the same is said every year, fa.cup i agree (would love one), but there isnt a good cup run in this trophy anymore.

This season to me is going to be a long season. Not thilled with dave penney or his signing none of them jump out to me at all.

We are one of the hardest fans to please yeah but i can not see us doing anything. We will be bottom half of the table all season.

Please please please do something mr.penney to excited me

also dont know what all you think or is it just me?

1st we have only played 2 games 2nd we need time 2 gel and 3rd penny never promised us promotion straight away it takes time 2 build a team so give them a break and b patient

1st we have only played 2 games 2nd we need time 2 gel and 3rd penny never promised us promotion straight away it takes time 2 build a team so give them a break and b patient

Give Mr Penney a chance. He is still learning the best formations for our team and we definately won't see the best till after christmas. He has the chance in January to strengthen the side and by then he should have identified our weaknesses and then has a chance to address them. Anything around midtable will do for me this year

Year 1 - Re build

Year 2 - Push on

Let in one goal in 180 minutes.... We may have been poor tonight but FFS give it longer than 1 loss before you all start slitting your wrists...

Norwich were the worst team in the world on Saturday and had fans on the pitch throwing season tickets back a the manager. Check out the MB this morning after winning 4-0 last night everything is rosy

Edited by NIKI1234

Its like groundhog day on here. How can anyone see midtable as success? Its mediocrity and that kind of thinking that has got us into this mess in the first place. Penney has signed a brand new team which has to be good enough to challenge.

Yes it is like groundhog day.

Because every single time we get a new manager in we have the same fans demanding instant success without any concession towards footballing reality - it takes TIME for a new manager to get the best out of a new squad of players. If you give them TIME instead of demanding the imposiible instantly, they will develop and improve.

I hope to God the owners turn a deaf ear if the usual idiots are clamouring for Penney's head after a midtable finish this season.

Yes it is like groundhog day.

Because every single time we get a new manager in we have the same fans demanding instant success without any concession towards footballing reality - it takes TIME for a new manager to get the best out of a new squad of players. If you give them TIME instead of demanding the imposiible instantly, they will develop and improve.

I hope to God the owners turn a deaf ear if the usual idiots are clamouring for Penney's head after a midtable finish this season.

I think DP's track record will see to that, the only time I could see his head rolling is perhaps if relegation was imminent, like you say though give the bloke time!!!!

Edited by tangerinedreams

I dont think anyone has those expectations. But last night was dire. I wasn't able to go on Saturday but was told that was more encouraging, however we have played 2 teams that must both be considered as relegation fodder and have not managed to score against either of them

Not yet, not even our loons are that stupid.

Won't be long though if he doesn't start meeting their expectations of winning every game 3-0... :wink:

Quite so. The memory of how Joe Royle took 5 seasons to get into the play offs in 1987 seems to be lost. He'd have been consigned to the scrap heap now.

I dont think anyone has those expectations. But last night was dire. I wasn't able to go on Saturday but was told that was more encouraging, however we have played 2 teams that must both be considered as relegation fodder and have not managed to score against either of them

Due to some good goalkeeping perhaps.......

Get a grip everyone....new set up, new team... its gonna take to time to bed down.

Bloomin eck...two games in, one league, one crap cup.

Get behind your team for chuffs sake...tearing up season tickets already on another thread.....ye gods!!!!!!

Constructive critism yes I can deal with but do we really need these sorts of fans all "doom and gloom" already?

Tut....

Get a grip everyone....new set up, new team... its gonna take to time to bed down.

Bloomin eck...two games in, one league, one crap cup.

Get behind your team for chuffs sake...tearing up season tickets already on another thread.....ye gods!!!!!!

Constructive critism yes I can deal with but do we really need these sorts of fans all "doom and gloom" already?

Tut....

Well said that man!!!! (or woman) :grin:

Its like groundhog day on here. How can anyone see midtable as success? Its mediocrity and that kind of thinking that has got us into this mess in the first place. Penney has signed a brand new team which has to be good enough to challenge.

I'm glad somebody can see it.

There's one thing guaranteed to get you the same result every time, and that's doing the same thing every time.

In fact, it's one definiton of madness.