I want to go to Wembley. I hope that we take it seriously despite the fact that it loses us money until the final.

Teams that win JPT often get promoted the same or the following season.

So I'm with you. Let's take it seriously.

Edited by opinions4u

As a Chaddy Ender...I'm hoping the club do the sensible thing...and shut the Chaddy End. Hope they learn from the pre-season friendlies and save a little bit of money in this comp by shutting it as they should've done for pre-season.

(Please don't start up the whole RRE v Chaddy debate)

Luton Town?

:grin:

I did say many, not all (and they may come up this season, who knows) !!

Last few winners:

Swansea 2006

Doncaster 2007

MK Dons 2008

And before that Birmingham, Wigan and Stoke did the business before rising up the league (not to forget Blackpool and Bristol City).

I won't mention Wrexham though ...

As a Chaddy Ender...I'm hoping the club do the sensible thing...and shut the Chaddy End. Hope they learn from the pre-season friendlies and save a little bit of money in this comp by shutting it as they should've done for pre-season.

(Please don't start up the whole RRE v Chaddy debate)

Isnt that what happened against Morecambe last season. Make's more sense, seeing as most clubs lose money for these type of games.

Now I'm a big hater of this competition as you lose money unless you get to the final.

But, if we are going to do bugger all else this season (which one suspects we will) why the hell not?

Shut down all bar the RRE, cut every single cost, and have a go.

I still think it's :censored: though.

I'm another who wishes we take this comp seriously.......even with the rule of 6 or 7 first teamers having to be in the side; I’ve felt we haven't given it the prominence it should deserve for a side like us. In both the Carling Cup & FA Cup; realistically we're getting nowhere near a Wembley appearance (especially in this years’ Carling Cup!!)

The JPT provides us fans and players a very real chance of a trip to Wembley & to lift some proper silverware; not just a poxy Rosebowl every now & again.

As O4U has said, it can also provide a springboard to promotion as, winning games breeds confidence, whether they be league games or JPT games.

I hope it's the strongest side that DP can field that runs out for this game - give it a go this season; Wembley beckons if we do; you never know eh?

Got to be taken seriously - get guys like O'Grady and Smalley a game while still playing 6 of your regular first XI. Also it has been pointed out that teams that do well in this are generally teams that go well - whether that is just because they are the better sides though is open to debate.

Got to be taken seriously - get guys like O'Grady and Smalley a game while still playing 6 of your regular first XI. Also it has been pointed out that teams that do well in this are generally teams that go well - whether that is just because they are the better sides though is open to debate.

Usually because they're sides with a winning mentality. Don't take your foot off the gas just because it's the JPT.

Luton last season probably won it because there was a siege mentality, but other teams won it as part of a winning habit.

Edited by opinions4u