Goalpoacher worth looking at

Have you told dp?.

No point, they have their own scouts and if they can't give a prolific goalscoring lad from down the road at least a run out in the reserves they are not doing their job.

Edited by BP1960

might be worth an email to AH?

DP should know all about Droylsden they outplayed and beat Darlington in last seasons F.A Cup.

Here is a snip of Gray goal poaching, note how he also set up the goal by first by winning a header then with an astute pass.

Tony Gray goal

Edited by BP1960

Don't suppose you would know the name of a good young centre-half and goalkeeper would you?

There are plenty of good goalkeepers around, and everyone knows I think either centre backs Trotman or Mvoto of Sunderland should have been brought in on loan.

Tony Gray, Droylsden, a natural goalscorer and skillful on the the ball too, I think he would find no problems scoring goals in Div 1 too.

I saw him last week and was very impresed.

they train for hours every day, ( think penney has them in mornin and afternoon now? )

then they turn out in almost any conditions to play football

As someone posted the above on another thread, it isn't an easy life being a full time pro.

they train for hours every day, ( think penney has them in mornin and afternoon now? )

As someone posted the above on another thread, it isn't an easy life being a full time pro.

Us pub footballers turn out in any condition to play football, on worse pitches than they do.

I would train 9-5 every day if I got paid for it

I bet the likes of Tony Gray would prefer it rather than have to get up early, go to work, do a full shift, then travel to a night match some 200 miles away and return home early hours of the morning - then it's back to work again.

Have emailed Alan Hardy with info as no reason not too. You never know.

Well done, Droylsden are at home to Fleetwood on Saturday, this will be a cracking game as both teams have are excellent going forward.

Well done, Droylsden are at home to Fleetwood on Saturday, this will be a cracking game as both teams have are excellent going forward.

I would describe Gray as similar in style to Luke Beckett when he was in his prime.

Edited by BP1960

Unfortunately many non-league players are considerably better off earning wages from both football and a "day" job than they would be in Divs 3 & 4. a club like Latics is unlikely to offer someone a high wage straight from non-league....players like Cooksey (who took a drop in income to play League football) are not that common.

Unfortunately many non-league players are considerably better off earning wages from both football and a "day" job than they would be in Divs 3 & 4. a club like Latics is unlikely to offer someone a high wage straight from non-league....players like Cooksey (who took a drop in income to play League football) are not that common.

That's true Pete, but still worth asking and if both parties agree give him a run out in the reserves.

There will be plenty of players in the Droylsden v Fleetwood match on Saturday capable of playing in Div 1, if Latics don't have a scout there then it's a poor indicment on the scouting system.

Edited by BP1960

That's true Pete, but still worth asking and if both parties agree give him a run out in the reserves.

There will be plenty of players in the Droylsden v Fleetwood match on Saturday capable of playing in Div 1, if Latics don't have a scout there then it's a poor indicment on the scouting system.

Agreed. If you don't ask you don't get.

I think you need to wake up my learned friend, being a pro must be very hard, yes, getting out of bed at 8am in the morning, being at the training ground for 0930, doing 1 1/2 hours training then having a break for 30 mins to discuss tactics, another 1 1/2 hours training then 1 hour for lunch, back into training for another couple of hours in the afternoon then home for when the kids get home from school, sat at the dinner table by 6pm for a large portion of the missus's cottage pie and then relaxing in front of the tv for the rest of the night, sounds very hard to me that, and then we wonder why some pros are prima donnas, they go from hero to villain, good guy to bad guy, good cop bad cop, thats the price they pay, which is reflected in their salaries, but it is the career path they have chosen therefore they must take the rough with the smooth, they also turn out in all weather, so!!! dont we as the fans, sat on a cold hard plastic seat on a bleak night in january after probably doing a days graft with rigomortis setting in from that blasted wind which has a habit of coming down from the penines trying to freeze the snot in our noses up.

If you are to question me on the timings of training i have stated they have come from a friend who i have known since primary school, who is currently playing north of the border,so they are not made up or fabricated in anyway shape or form just solid facts!

Edited by tangerinedreams

BP keep an eye on Fleetwood Towns centre forward Adam Warlow he has just returned to action after having an operation in the summer but scored two on Saturday, he scored 20 last season and 30 the season before for Witton Albion yet he is still only 21 having been released from Crewe a few years back. He ran Hartlepool ragged in the FA cup game last season and was a goalscorer on the day in the 3-2 defeat.

Nearly right.

Get out of bed at 9am in the morning, drive pissed to the training ground for half-nine, doing 1 1/2 hours "training" then have a break for 30 mins to discuss what happened last night with some of the other lads. Another 1 1/2 hours "training" then 1 hour at the bookies, back into training for another couple of hours in the afternoon then home for when the hookers get home from school, sat at the dinner table by 6pm snorting coke off the aforementioned underaged hookers backside and then relaxing in front of the tv for half an hour to see if I made North West Tonight, before hitting discrete local bar to see what the evening brings.

If you are to question me on anything I have stated they have come from a newspaper which I haven't read since primary school, and is made up i.e. fabricated in all shapes and forms!

He ran Hartlepool ragged in the FA cup game last season and was a goalscorer on the day in the 3-2 defeat.

I didn't really see anyone running Hartlepool ragged that day (well except their own keeper - it really was a competitive position with Budtz and ALB in Pools' net last year). not saying he's no good, just no one impressed that game.

Then again it wasn't easy to see anything that day.