Colbeck signs

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he is, in case you havent noticed, in the process of weeding out the dross that is in our squad (in his opinion)

O'Grady

Alessandra (ok maybe be a gebuine need for games and DP may well rate him)

Lee (told he can go)

Gilbert/kaz/byfield all not good enough long term.

we do need another wide player, smalley could be 3months out, purdie can play anywhere (literally, darlo fans say he is good wherever he plays) we only have taylor as a real winger, parker is better up top and lee is more of a CM than winger so i can fully see why hes brought Colbeck in.

It all seems messy at the moment with players in and out but he did say it will be toing and froing for a while.

Give him time, i can see what he is doing/why he is doing things, maybe some cant

well said that man.

DP is bringing the type of players he wants in; gradually weeding out the ones here he doesn't like / rate.

a poster above was lamenting the number of wide players we have; well out the list he gave:

Steer - is in the development squad & injured

Smalley - is out for 2/3 months

Purdie - is still out injuried, and is a utility man anyway so can play across a number of positions

Holdsworth - is really a RB, who is doing a 'job' when asked to play RW nothing more.

Parker - is a striker, doing a 'job' when playing RW

So, when you look at it; we're not as blessed as you first think.

This lad DP has worked with before, has been a target all summer & by the looks of it will be straight in vs Hartlepool on Friday.

Lets see him kick a ball for us before he's written off shall we..........

JUST CHILL!! DP will know we need another CB, but for the next week we will probably be ok, i'm sure he has had targets but has probably had to wait before other teams decide which players can leave. :censored: and Holdsowrth can play there if needed so it's not THAT immidiate that we need someone in, although yes i agree we do need a 3rd CB in.

in DP we trust! He KNOWS what he is doing!

Where has this notion that Holdsworth can play CB originated from. He is perhaps the last player in our team I would put at CB.

well said that man.

DP is bringing the type of players he wants in; gradually weeding out the ones here he doesn't like / rate.

a poster above was lamenting the number of wide players we have; well out the list he gave:

Steer - is in the development squad & injured

Smalley - is out for 2/3 months

Purdie - is still out injuried, and is a utility man anyway so can play across a number of positions

Holdsworth - is really a RB, who is doing a 'job' when asked to play RW nothing more.

Parker - is a striker, doing a 'job' when playing RW

So, when you look at it; we're not as blessed as you first think.

This lad DP has worked with before, has been a target all summer & by the looks of it will be straight in vs Hartlepool on Friday.

Lets see him kick a ball for us before he's written off shall we..........

I'm (it was me being referred too) not saying write him off- he looks like he could be a more than average player at this level what I'm saying is that yes we have injuries out wide but despite this we still have options there, if Gregan/Hazell gets injured I don't know of any options. Bring quality in by all means but given our lack of depth at CB I would have got one of those in before a wide midfielder

Im glad he's sticking with his policy of buying players who are hungry for success and are on their way up. Sounds like a good signing, will have to see how he does. Furman has made the step up, no reason why this guy can't.

Would have liked a centre half, but don't we have a hungarian CB who is supposed to be good?

Hi everyone, bradford fan here, colbeck imo will never make the grade at your place, hes a uber fast right winger who can skin a player time to time. The bad points are his 1st touch is awful he cant cross and when he sees the red missed is prone to kick a few payers in the air with dangerous tackles. He is in no way like furman as when he hit form for us was obviously at least a league 1 player if not championship.

i hope joe does well for you but i jus cant see it as all in all he had 3 months playing well max. the player of the year award wasa reflectin of how poor the rest of our squad was. But if anyone can get him playing its DP

Hi everyone, bradford fan here, colbeck imo will never make the grade at your place, hes a uber fast right winger who can skin a player time to time. The bad points are his 1st touch is awful he cant cross and when he sees the red missed is prone to kick a few payers in the air with dangerous tackles. He is in no way like furman as when he hit form for us was obviously at least a league 1 player if not championship.

i hope joe does well for you but i jus cant see it as all in all he had 3 months playing well max. the player of the year award wasa reflectin of how poor the rest of our squad was. But if anyone can get him playing its DP

OH DEAR........it appears education isnt what it should be in Bradford. What kind of pigin English is that load of waffle supposed to be ?

Ignore the other guy.

Welcome to OWTB! Thanks for the info. Hopefully Colbeck can make a fresh start re-find his form.

OH DEAR........it appears education isnt what it should be in Bradford. What kind of pigin English is that load of waffle supposed to be ?

Slightly more intelligent Bradford fan here. The correct spelling is pidgin.

Congratulations on signing quite possibly the single most stupid footballer I've ever seen. Wait while he makes a mistake or the game isn't going for him. See how fast the head drops and he gives up. Watch as cross after cross sails harmlessly to nobody. Watch as he tries and tries to get himself sent off with endless petulance and baiting of referees.

Yep, you've struck gold there. Thanks for the cash.

Congratulations on signing quite possibly the single most stupid footballer I've ever seen. Wait while he makes a mistake or the game isn't going for him. See how fast the head drops and he gives up. Watch as cross after cross sails harmlessly to nobody. Watch as he tries and tries to get himself sent off with endless petulance and baiting of referees.

Sorry mate, there may be some truth in that statement... but unfortunately you havent experienced Craig Davies...

I am slightly worried about this colbeck fella though... the more i hear about him he just sounds like a crap version of Smalley.... however, this comment does hint a little at the same sort of blinkered, shortsighted, and wrong viewpoint (which was mentioned earlier) that some of our fans had of Eardley... perhaps he just needs a change of scenery and he will develop his potential...

Or he could be awful... but Penney hasnt dropped any major clangers yet.... oh, sorry, I forgot about Parker......... oh and Brill....

:wink:

Edited by BigfinLatic

A wide player signed when Taylor's playing injured, Smalley's looking like he's out for few months, Parker can't win a race with a snail, Purdie hasn't appeared yet and the ghost and Lee are just filling in in the meantime.

I think it's a good signing, 22 so got a future ahead of him with a manager who has worked with him before so has more of an idea of how to get the best out of him.

DP is still getting HIS squad together and shuffling through what Shez left. This season, as long as we don't get relegated I'll be satisfied, looking at next season onwards when DP has his own team more or less.

Maybe DP doesn't want to buy any CB for the sake of signing a CB, or the ones he wants are out of wage range?

has been much maligned at Valley Parade and it had got to the point where his career was suffering because of the outrageous treatment he was given at the hands of his supposed supporters.

sound familiar?

apologies for the previous grammar. yes he did take a lot of stick from a few city fans un called for imo by the way, but most footballers are able to rise above this and produce a good performance once in a while. Joe seemed unable to get the stick out of his head thus his form suffered. On his day he can be a great player but we didnt see many of them

good luck to the lad

I know that...the bloody keyboard is full of gunge and some keys stick. Hence the incorrect spelling of pidgin.

Im sure someone said the other month that we were trying to strike a deal with Bradford for this lad and he wanted to play for us. Now......Who could that have been? :wink:

From the Bradford fans ive spoken to who actually know about football and access the player based on his skill rather than how the game finished up, they have said we have got a very good player there who will only get better.

Only time will tell i guess.

Maybe we should ask Darlington fans what Colbeck's like.

When we were first linked with him i read he went on loan to Darlington under Dave Penney and was very impressive and went back to Bradford a different player.

Lets see what his performances are like under a manager he wants to play for!

I think we will have to wait and see with this lad as I dont really trust the Bradford fans too much - it seems a very similar situation to Eardley . I find it hard to believe they didnt see many good performances but he won player of the year a couple of years back. There is obviously issues there with him but he's a young lad who has talent and with the right manager could be a good signing.