3 signings we should have made

I wonder if opinions have changed since I was mocked and ridiculed for suggesting (before the first game) that we should have signed;

Mark Tyler - Best lower league keeper I've ever seen. Free transfer

Michael Nelson - Dominating, solid centre back. Nominal fee

Adam La Fondre - Lower league goalscorer. Out of contract.

Mark Tyler - Can't argue that he is any worse than Brill. There's plenty of half decent keepers out there, we just don't have one at the moment.

Michael Nelson - Fee zero as moved on a Bosman, to a team paying wages way out of our league. More chance of seeing rocking horse :censored:.

Adam La Fondre - Not out of contract. Moved for a large (in our terms) amount of money. Reported to have broken Rotherham's transfer record which previously stood at £160,000. Obviously undisclosed puts all that up for debate though.

Nelson's wages would be the same as Gregan and Parker combined. Or the same as Lee Hughes. Or the same as John Sheridan. I think we know which would be the better deal.

We can assume a price of around £150,000 for La Fondre. Colbeck was £65,000, Iif we cant afford £85,000 to support a new manager in a competitive league then we really are in a bad way.

The silence speaks volumes! Could it be that I was right all along? :wink:

not really, who were you expecting to come on and say "Yes you are 100% right", newyorkboss?

WE can't afford the £85,000, at £20 a head that is 4,000 floating fans or a 1/20 of the season ticket holders, beofre his wages.

It's not monoply money you know, and you have to pay it back, or are you gordon Bown in disguise.. :wink:

I wonder if opinions have changed since I was mocked and ridiculed for suggesting (before the first game) that we should have signed;

Mark Tyler - Best lower league keeper I've ever seen. Free transfer

Michael Nelson - Dominating, solid centre back. Nominal fee

Adam La Fondre - Lower league goalscorer. Out of contract.

My opinion about you hasn't changed. :wink:

I refer back to the fact that if the owners can't support a new manager to the tune of £80k then we are in desperate trouble. Contrary to popular belief, we are not a hand to mouth club.

We got money from the Eardley sale, appearances on TV last year, releasing big earners. Latics could easily have afforded that.

Obviously, Penney might have considered these players and decided against them.

I refer back to the fact that if the owners can't support a new manager to the tune of £80k then we are in desperate trouble. Contrary to popular belief, we are not a hand to mouth club.

We got money from the Eardley sale, appearances on TV last year, releasing big earners. Latics could easily have afforded that.

Obviously you seem to know the income and outcome of the clubs finances then.

I hate to burst you're ballooon, but we are losing £1/2 million per year.

Like I had, it has to be paid back...

I've just been sent a PM from BRF and been told to 'grow up' .... ha ha .. the irony....from someone whose sole purpose for coming onto this board seems to be to act like a little kid and say " I told you so, I told you so ".... "look how :censored: yout lot are, aren't I better than you 'cos I refused to carry on watching that crap and stopped going "

Edited by Yard Dog

And Yard Dog, is it impossible for you to have a debate without - yet again - resorting to childish insults.

OldhamSheridan made valid points which I appreciate, he didn't "rip my argument to pieces".

Give your head a wobble. And please show me when I have insulted you before today...

And all I have said today is '' go away ".....if that's insulted you then you really are a sensitive little creature - no wonder you couldn't hack carrying on going to watch the boys....

Mark Tyler - 'The best keeper in the lower leagues' now playing conference football

Michael Nelson - Oldham or Norwich, tough choice.

Adam Le Fondre - Laughable.

Senor Coconut, your a long term fan. Surely you must know of Mark Tyler. He is superb. He has signed for Luton, I assume for good wages. Joe Lewis was keeping him out of the Peterborough team, not something to be ashamed off. Why is La Fondre laughable? Unless your admitting to Rotherham now being a more attractive prospect than Oldham?

Yard Dog

I didn't stop going because they're crap. I stopped going due to the ridiculous increase in prices and the fact that I decided to put all my spare time and energy into training for a different sport.

Fair enough. Can't actually fault that. You have given me the impression that you stopped going because of the team performances. Sorry for getting the wrong end of the stick.

Everyone gets the wrong end of the stick regarding me. I literally have zero spare time to go even if I wanted to.

Has anyone got any reasonable suggestions over who they would have liked to be bought in?

Zero spare time?

But enough to post things on here? :mmm:

I post in spare time at work. Seeing as you think I'm lying my weekly schedule goes as follows.

Monday - Grappling - 7pm - 8.30pm

Tuesday - Either rest day or Judo - 7pm - 8.30pm

Wednesday - Grappling for MMA - 7pm - 8.30pm

Thursday - Grappling - 7.30pm - 9pm

Friday - Conditioning for MMA - 7pm - 8pm

Saturday - 2pm - 3pm - Sparring class

Sunday - Rest day.

Odd swimming/bike sessions in there too. Rock climbing for grip work on occasion. As you can see, no spare time.

I post in spare time at work. Seeing as you think I'm lying my weekly schedule goes as follows.

Monday - Grappling - 7pm - 8.30pm

Tuesday - Either rest day or Judo - 7pm - 8.30pm

Wednesday - Grappling for MMA - 7pm - 8.30pm

Thursday - Grappling - 7.30pm - 9pm

Friday - Conditioning for MMA - 7pm - 8pm

Saturday - 2pm - 3pm - Sparring class

Sunday - Rest day.

Odd swimming/bike sessions in there too. Rock climbing for grip work on occasion. As you can see, no spare time.

Thanks for that glad I know now