Which Keeper?

OldhamSheridan

Whom would you have?  

93 members have voted

1. 1. Which keeper would you pick for Bristol?

• Dean Brill
    • Josh Ollerenshaw

Brill.

People seem to agree, but I feel it was a question needing asking.

I can't say I've seen much of Josh, but when I have he's hardly impressed (he's not been terrible or anything). I'm not sure who I'd go with, Brill has been very poor, and with Josh it is surely sink or swim time.

id rather a kid make mistakes than a full time pro that is dire, isnt this how other players get there chance by players not performing?

If Brill doesn't improve by January, I think we should definitely bring Fleming back (if he's playing ok), and cancel Brills contract.

If Brill doesn't improve by January, I think we should definitely bring Fleming back (if he's playing ok), and cancel Brills contract.

Goram and Gorton were thrown in at the deep end, Gerrard came straight from the yoofs to the Prem. Give Josh a run, may just be the kick up the arse Brill needs. All keepers make mistakes we all accept that. It's clear lack of ability and incompetence that pisses us off!

I think when Fleming is back in January, he will be Number 1.

I get the feeling Greg won't be in too big a rush to come back here, despite having 18 months left on his contract. The management team basically binned him in favour of a guy who had been playing at a lower level. Wouldn't blame him if he forced a permanent move. Penney's one big dropped bollock and it will cost us all season. Ronnie persevered with Day for half a season, just think if Grant had been here all year we may have made the Play Offs. Half a season of Brill and the chuckle brothers and we could be firmly entrenched in the :censored:!

I get the feeling Greg won't be in too big a rush to come back here, despite having 18 months left on his contract. The management team basically binned him in favour of a guy who had been playing at a lower level. Wouldn't blame him if he forced a permanent move. Penney's one big dropped bollock and it will cost us all season. Ronnie persevered with Day for half a season, just think if Grant had been here all year we may have made the Play Offs. Half a season of Brill and the chuckle brothers and we could be firmly entrenched in the :censored:!

I'm sure I read Greg also wanted to go because he was homesick though?

Edited by ste1987

There was a season when Les Pogliacomi was the best thing since sliced bread...and then a season when he was as popular as a marmite sandwich. Confidence is a massive thing as a goalie (I should know as I have worn the gauntlets for many a year) and any keeper, no matter what his ability is, can have a bad run. Goram, Rhodes, Hallworth, Gerrard, Kelly (repeat ad infinitum) have had bad spells...but we simply have to give the guy a chance and he will hopefully come through.

Rome was not built in a day (I went there recently and some of the older bits are falling down), and in the same way we cannot expect instant success. Goalies also feed off the confidence of their defence and, to be fair, Gregan and Hazell have been as good a double act as Abbott and Costello or Laurel and Hardy recently.

The boy is wearing the Athletic badge on his chest at the end of the day. I didn't agree with people booing Richard Butcher and I don't agree with booing someone who has made mistakes, but not been given the opportunity to fully prove himself.

Echoing th2003's comments...I've said it numerous times on here since Gregan re-signing and Hazells pre-season (and new season gaffes) that I'll judge Brill once we sort the defence out...I'm going to be waiting quite a while for that to happen sadly.

Brill for me at The Gas...

I'd give my right arm for a keeper like Grant, now. He was quality.

It's gotta be Deano. I know some players come in totally untried and command that spot, and perform brilliantly... usually sold after 10 games... however bringing in a young 'keeper with the defenders we have could backfire bigtime.

He hasn't been too bad on the road, and I think we all know why.

What happened to the Hungarian guy?

I really want us to just to take him out the firing line as much as anythingelse a spell in the reserves just to get some confidence back might be enough but right now he is getting no support from the defence infront of him or the crowd either and it can't be any good for the guy because he must becoming teriffied of making mistakes at the moment because everytime he does he gets crucified.

Echoing th2003's comments...I've said it numerous times on here since Gregan re-signing and Hazells pre-season (and new season gaffes) that I'll judge Brill once we sort the defence out...I'm going to be waiting quite a while for that to happen sadly.

Brill for me at The Gas...

I'll judge the defence when we sort the goalkeeper out.

Brill had a good game today, did nothing wrong and had no chance with the goal (Thanks Rubes - again.)

Leave the keeper alone. He will come good.

Cheers,

Harry

Not having a go at the keeper Harry, just trying to balance the arguement somewhat.

We play as a team and lose as a team, people are constantly having ago at the defence all the time (which is fair enough if we are seeing constant individual errors).

If we were playing better further up the field we would not be under constant and sustained pressure at the back.

We can't score a goal at the moment, which doesn't help when you are trying to win a game.

Not having a go at the keeper Harry, just trying to balance the arguement somewhat.

We play as a team and lose as a team, people are constantly having ago at the defence all the time (which is fair enough if we are seeing constant individual errors).

If we were playing better further up the field we would not be under constant and sustained pressure at the back.

We can't score a goal at the moment, which doesn't help when you are trying to win a game.

Agreed.

Cheers,

Harry

Brill had a good game today, did nothing wrong and had no chance with the goal (Thanks Rubes - again.)

Leave the keeper alone. He will come good.

Cheers,

Harry

I agree with that. Granted, he hasn't had the best of starts, but hopefully he'll come good.

Can I just say that this poll shows even better than other recent polls just how many complete :censored:ing numbnuts there are on here.

Ta.

:getmecoat:

why? its personal preference? I dont know how you could be a numbnut no matter which option in the poll you choose, wether you think its right to stick with an experienced keeper or give a young lad a chance