NHL 2009/10 Season

Wasn't sure if that last one was the right one or not. Added it in for you now.

I have no idea who it might be.

So, what did you think of Toronto? Go up the tower? Have a look 'round the trainstation (I loved that building). Have a Tim Hortons?

I thought Toronto was brilliant. It felt like a more spacious, less hectic New York. The people there were incredibly friendly and also clearly proud to be Canadian, and in a nice way without the American superiority complex. Just an all round great place.

Went up the tower, was quality. My one disappointment was the glass floor...I thought it would be a whole floor of clear glass but it was in fact eight panes of murky scratched glass. The rest of it was great though and the Skypod bit offered a brilliant view. If you're a height junkie then I can understand why you'd love it.

Tim Horton's was gash. Glad I went (to say that I'd been) but my doughnut was horrible and my coffee was so watery. I can't believe how many of them there are though!

Like I said, overall it's just great. Niagara was far and away the highlight but Toronto itself just as a city is brilliant. Lukers1 is a lucky bugger to be living out there.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol: The Tim Hortons we went in, just down the road from the Hall of Fame, was dreadful too. Painfully bad. But they bloody love the places!

I loved Niagara too, breathtaking place. I kinda loved it's Blackpool feel as well, really conflicted with the natural beauty in a way which was interesting. Went up the tower there too, despite being relatively small it offered some amazing views of the falls and as we were there in the quiet season we were able to get some great photos.

I also had the best BBQ TGIF burger I ever had there, was the size of my head! Denny's breakfast the day after was good too - maybe all that misty air makes food taste better for some reason?

Flyers falling apart, that's what I like to see.

And the answer to the mystery player was Mats Sundin.

Come on guys, sensing a bit of disinterest in it now...some of us still have a lot to play for :wink:

I thought you had the cup in the bag again this year?

We do, we're just being superstitious and are trying to do it in exactly the same way as we did last year.

4-2. 4-3. 4-0. 4-3.

You saw it here first.

:unsure:

HOLY CRAP I'D FORGOT!!!

BF: "DALE...!!!"

Dale Stephens: *looks and smiles uneasily at the 6'4" Fin staring back intensely*

BF: *clap* *clap* *clap*

Dale Stephens: *uneasily gets in the car*

:lol: :lol:

F***. F***. F***ity f***. I can only hope the rest of you guys' apathy is the same as it was made out to be on Saturday, I'll leave my sig as the picture of Sid lifting the Cup and hope noone notices :wink:

Farewell to the Igloo.

Oh well. Let's go...Sharks?! Anyone but the Flyers. And preferably not Hossa.

F***. F***. F***ity f***. I can only hope the rest of you guys' apathy is the same as it was made out to be on Saturday, I'll leave my sig as the picture of Sid lifting the Cup and hope noone notices :wink:

Farewell to the Igloo.

Yep. Dont really care. But - HA HA!

I'll stick with the Hawks. Not the Sharks.

HOLY CRAP I'D FORGOT!!!

BF: "DALE...!!!"

Dale Stephens: *looks and smiles uneasily at the 6'4" Fin staring back intensely*

BF: *clap* *clap* *clap*

Dale Stephens: *uneasily gets in the car*

Love you Dale!

:awooga:

Tell the story...

We told you this story on Saturday! But the state you were in I suppose we should be grateful you can even see, so...

Me, Al, Ryan and Alex were coming out of the Mainstand bar after the game. Stephens was outside the conservatory/shop area getting into a car with what I assume was his missus (who, it should be said, was very attractive).

As we were passing the car Al decided that Dale's excellent season was noteworthy enough to be praised in person (the other three of us were 'distracted') and so from about three feet away shouted "DALE...!!!" at him... as Stephens looked up he very dramatically gestured his arms out towards Stephens and clapped very clearly three times in quick succession and then walked on, Stephens returning a "cheers" before lunging to the safety of his car.

Farewell to the Igloo.

I am surprised you can remember how apathetic we were on Saturday night!

We told you this story on Saturday! But the state you were in I suppose we should be grateful you can even see, so...

Me, Al, Ryan and Alex were coming out of the Mainstand bar after the game. Stephens was outside the conservatory/shop area getting into a car with what I assume was his missus (who, it should be said, was very attractive).

As we were passing the car Al decided that Dale's excellent season was noteworthy enough to be praised in person (the other three of us were 'distracted') and so from about three feet away shouted "DALE...!!!" at him... as Stephens looked up he very dramatically gestured his arms out towards Stephens and clapped very clearly three times in quick succession and then walked on, Stephens returning a "cheers" before lunging to the safety of his car.

:lol:

When was I told this story? I actually didn't think I was that bad, I thought I'd remembered everything so this has thrown my whole perception of the day/night out of whack. And there was me thinking the funniest thing that happened to Allan was him getting locked in the wrong half of Subway.

When was I told this story? I actually didn't think I was that bad, I thought I'd remembered everything so this has thrown my whole perception of the day/night out of whack. And there was me thinking the funniest thing that happened to Allan was him getting locked in the wrong half of Subway.

That was quite funny. Especially when he nearly beasted the doors off their hinges.

I'd forgot about THAT!

Oh, and this is Josh who wasn't that drunk but almost fell asleep about 5 times? :lol:

Wasn't aware of that, OK clearly I was worse than I thought I'd been. In fairness, I'd missed Roger Palmer and I was drowning my sorrows. Plus I must say I am a very sleepy person anyway :unsure:

Well cheers for putting up with me then :wink: