NHL 2009/10 Season

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

off topic - they have released a proper hockey game for the Iphone - Hockey Nations 2010. Pretty decent, however just national teams (without players names). Cant be long until an NHL20XX variant is released...

We've had NHL2K10 on the Wii in our house this year and it's a great game.

Edited by jsslatic

The Latest Hockey World Rankings

Now, I'm pretty sure that is we set up the nation of OWTB and all four of us got some skates and took to the ice with a couple of cardboard cut-outs.... we might have a shot at being better than Mongolia to become the 45th best hockey nation in the world.

Whadaya reckon? Perhaps we could even take Mexico?

:wink:

Wonder what the playoffs hold tonight... we will see...

The Latest Hockey World Rankings

Now, I'm pretty sure that is we set up the nation of OWTB and all four of us got some skates and took to the ice with a couple of cardboard cut-outs.... we might have a shot at being better than Mongolia to become the 45th best hockey nation in the world.

Whadaya reckon? Perhaps we could even take Mexico?

:wink:

Wonder what the playoffs hold tonight... we will see...

Why not? When in Rome!

Thank the lord for that. Tied at 1 in both games now.

I'm very, very drunk and as a result I can say without hesitation that we could ruin Mongolia if we can have a decent goalie? I was, in my day, a pretty decent right winger with a left shot...

Thank the lord for that. Tied at 1 in both games now.

I'm very, very drunk and as a result I can say without hesitation that we could ruin Mongolia if we can have a decent goalie? I was, in my day, a pretty decent right winger with a left shot...

Good stuff. Well I played at centre or Right Defence, bang me at 'C' so I can get my old checking game going. Perhaps I could just play 'D' on my own.... Sure JSS can go in net, i've seen he is very good at falling over and not remembering when he gets hurt :wink:

As for the PO's... well its still brilliantly tight... well, except for the 'hawks getting hammered by the Preds. think this could be a really, really interesting post-season. Have a feeling we could see a suprise winning it...

Good stuff. Well I played at centre or Right Defence, bang me at 'C' so I can get my old checking game going. Perhaps I could just play 'D' on my own.... Sure JSS can go in net, i've seen he is very good at falling over and not remembering when he gets hurt :wink:

:lol:

I'll take that. Plus I'm not convinced I've got the frame for a checking game...I've seen 'Mongol' and don't really back myself. My speed and agility is much more suited at the back, give me a few drinks before to null the pain and we're set.

Edited by jsslatic

I'm sure BF will agree... hitting's all in the tekkers! Sure, it helps if you can back it with 250lbs of muscle, but if you know what you're doing you can still ruin someone with a good hit at 5'10 and pure tub, like me! :D

I'm sure BF will agree... hitting's all in the tekkers! Sure, it helps if you can back it with 250lbs of muscle, but if you know what you're doing you can still ruin someone with a good hit at 5'10 and pure tub, like me! :D

According to the internet Brian Gionta is the smallest player in the NHL, at 5'7 but is 12st 5lbs. At 5'8 but 10st 4lbs, I'm going to need some serious tekkers! No, pad me up and stick me between the pipes. Goalies are well interesting anyway, apparently. :wink:

:lol:

Dave Ragg might fall in love with you! :wink:

And to be fair, Gionta proves my point as he's a beast of a hitter!

I might fall in love with him? I always thought it was you that had the man-crush on the goalie? I've always been more of a John Madden kinda guy. Damn you Devils, why did you let him leave?!?!

5-3 last night, get in! I was going to watch it, but I was pissed and falling asleep, so just watched the highlight on the iPhone app. I love the way you can set it so that it doesn't tell you the score when it loads up. I watched the highlights not knowing the score...I actually cheered when we made it 4-3.

Edited by dave_ragg1984

Exactly (by the way, is that not the catchiest jingle ever, I send all day walking round the house mumbling some tekkers are goooooood.... with the wife just looking at me like an idiot).

I used to hate 'hitting' forwards... always too quick and looking out for it. The amount of times I ended up on my arse, or smacking into the borads was untrue. Why i always ended up being moved the the checking/Penalty kill line centre. I had the bulk of a defenceman, and most of the time 'D's are slow and not expecting it. Happy days.

At that time I idolised Eric Lindros. I just loved watching him and that 'Legion of Doom' flyers line. Now that was fun-time hockey.

'Hits' werent really looked upon favourably in scandinavian junior hockey though. Probably why I always held the team record for penalty minutes. Kept me in the team though! :lol:

The ice time app is amazing. Its actually single handedly stopped me wanting to get ESPN. Prob the best fiver i've spent in a long-while...