NHL 2009/10 Season

:lol:

I have to admit when you were talking about playing C in Finland and being a hitter I had a confused look on my face... you sneeze in European hockey and you get an interference call! :wink:

I was never particularly good at hockey, to be fair, but learning how to hit has come in handy for the last 10 years of five-a-side! :D

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:lol:

I have to admit when you were talking about playing C in Finland and being a hitter I had a confused look on my face... you sneeze in European hockey and you get an interference call! :wink:

I was never particularly good at hockey, to be fair, but learning how to hit has come in handy for the last 10 years of five-a-side! :D

Yup. But i had such a different style to everyone else on the ice, it was worth having me around just for the surprise. (By 'style' I mean I was technically miles off, but I checked and dumped the puck, which confused the hell out of people!). I only really got major ice time in the third periods of games, and on the PK. I enjoyed it though.

It was annoying that I got injured just around the time where checking became more of the game as I went into U-18 Hockey. Oh well. Such is life!

Now why don't I check these other boards?

A variety of reasons, mainly ESPN and ESPN America appearing on my TV, has seen me get into the NHL this season. Really immersed myself in it. Got a free subscription to The Hockey News, and made an effort to learn the finer details of the sport.

I'm a Canucks fan, so it's been good to support a team that's actually been winning a lot this season!

Game 1 vs LAK was amazing, some Sedin magic, Lu with a stunning save in OT, leading to the winner.

Gonna be a great series.

Caps got out of jail big time last night. Still, the Habs have their mini-break.

All ties barring the Preds/Hawks (who have only played once), are 1-1 after the higher seed's home games. Plenty of room for upsets, it's been a great start to the playoffs.

Edited by jsslatic

I'm a Canucks fan, so it's been good to support a team that's actually been winning a lot this season!

Game 1 vs LAK was amazing, some Sedin magic, Lu with a stunning save in OT, leading to the winner.

Gonna be a great series.

Go 'Nucks! (for this round anyway!)

What the bloody hell happened last night! :ranting:

:wink:

Good stuff lads. Was listening to Radio 5 the other day when all the supporters were stuck at the Airport. A great effort from the team, even for a bunch of canadians! :wink:

The world championship could be interesting next month. Both the USA and Canada are sending very strong squads (obviously without any players who have made the post-season). Will be interesting to see how the europeans match it. Finland typically have an incredibly hard group. Happy days.

Go 'Nucks! (for this round anyway!)

What the bloody hell happened last night! :ranting:

:wink:

Andrew Alberts happened.

Bloody penalty-taking telegraph pole.

We've been dominating 5-on-5, 4 of LA's 5 goals so far have been on the PP.

Had a bet on the Kings to take the series at 21/10, so i hope the Cannucks lose :tongue1:

Also on

OTT Senators @ 12/5

SJ Sharks @ 2/9

WAS Capitals @ 1/6

BUF Sabres @ 20/33

LA Kings @ 21/10

fourfolds/fivefold.

Also did some correct score series betting but as you can tell its gone tits up with the two #1 seeds already.

OTT Senators to win 4-2 @ 15/2

NJ Devils to win 4-1 @ 10/3

PHX Coyotes to win 4-2 @ 8/1

SJ Sharks to win 4-0 @ 9/2

BUF Sabres to win 4-2 @ 9/2

WAS Capitals to win 4-0 @ 7/2

LA Kings to win 4-2 @ 6/1

NHL 09 on XBox and EHM (Hockey version of Football Manager) selected them for me randomly, the Olympic factor interested me, the fansite I went on was fun and has a good community feel, and, most importantly, I started to feel a connection and passion for the club when I started watching and following them.

NHL 09 on XBox and EHM (Hockey version of Football Manager) selected them for me randomly, the Olympic factor interested me, the fansite I went on was fun and has a good community feel, and, most importantly, I started to feel a connection and passion for the club when I started watching and following them.

Similar with me, but i ended up with St Louis Blues <_< basically through following baseball half heartadley, i also liked the Cardinals, and then just the "blues" factor, and the people on there MB where a good laugh. Had a cracking end last year for that run to the play-offs, really got into it, and felt near enough as much passion as i do for Oldham throughout those last games, but again this season has been a letdown! Very similar to Oldham of past seasons, that they beat the big teams, but then fail to do the easy jobs.

GB beat Korea today, 2-1. Won the first two games, but I think by the sounds of it, the tough games will be coming up now.

http://www.iihf.com/channels0910/wm-ib/div....html?tx_ttnews[backPid]=3043&cHash=46949227c8

I wonder why Korea are one team rather than two.

GB doing very well. As DR says, the tough games are coming up but you can only look at it that they're three wins from playing against Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden, Finland et al next year. Would be very tempting to head out to Slovakia for the competition if they were to do it. Give me Weaver/Crosby over Ovechkin/Crosby any day. :wink:

Still, never gonna happen!

I wonder why Korea are one team rather than two.

GB doing very well. As DR says, the tough games are coming up but you can only look at it that they're three wins from playing against Canada, USA, Russia, Sweden, Finland et al next year. Would be very tempting to head out to Slovakia for the competition if they were to do it. Give me Weaver/Crosby over Ovechkin/Crosby any day. :wink:

Still, never gonna happen!

Just looked into it, its South Korea. North Korea are in Div3.

So all eight ties were 1-1 after the first two.

Watched the Coyotes/Wings game last night, Phoenix were very good. Meanwhile San Jose continue to exhibit last year's post-season form, or lack of it. Wholly ridiculous goal to lose the match!

Edited by jsslatic

What were we saying, BF...?

Bloody hell. Now that is a sodding hit. Mid-ice, doesnt even see him coming. Look at Boychuck's Tekkers... bends his knees and at the last moment springs into it, he actually hits upwards.

As you say... UNBELIEVABLE TEKKERS!

Bloody hell. Now that is a sodding hit. Mid-ice, doesnt even see him coming. Look at Boychuck's Tekkers... bends his knees and at the last moment springs into it, he actually hits upwards.

As you say... UNBELIEVABLE TEKKERS!

The bent knee/leap into the hit is where it's at, isn't it! That's top notch hitting.

Two big Ws for the Pens on the road, 'should' wrap it up now. At least it's guaranteed at least two more games at the Igloo before the doors are locked for good.

Devs are on the brink though. Superb goal from Briere last night, on one of the replay shots Marty looks stunned at just how fast it's gone past him.