NHL 2009/10 Season

Our playoff hopes aren't over yet, but I think the fat lady is warming up her vocal chords. We haven't got it in us to win 3 straight.

2000. 3-1 down to Philly, won 4-3, won The Cup.

Not that I think we'll even make this one 3-2... far too inconsistent.

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2000. 3-1 down to Philly, won 4-3, won The Cup.

Not that I think we'll even make this one 3-2... far too inconsistent.

Such a shame. Especially after you have been playing 'playoff hockey' all season, you have gone and forgotten how to do it when it matters! :wink:*

I assume Kovy will be a free agent very shortly! :lol:

*this is said very tongue in cheek - even though you did say it every week - and yes I know some teams didnt even make the Playoffs...

We were/are playing playoff hockey - just lacked consistency for the last three months (which I've also been saying).

It's not over yet though. I'll still hold out hope until that final hooter... and yeah, at least we're not the Ducks! :lol::wink:

Oh, and yeah, I'd say Kovy's gone if we don't progress passed the first round... he's not overly impressed me to be honest, but that might be the transition to Jersey style hockey taking time.

As long as we keep Parise I'll be happy, as I think he's been truely outstanding this season as a points scoring two-way forward!

Oh, and yeah, I'd say Kovy's gone if we don't progress passed the first round... he's not overly impressed me to be honest, but that might be the transition to Jersey style hockey taking time.

As long as we keep Parise I'll be happy, as I think he's been truely outstanding this season as a points scoring two-way forward!

:pow:

There we go... you gotta be annoyed at going out with a whimper...

Other than that, all the other ties are really, really interesting.... the Pens series is facinating, however, the Caps have to be watching on with a big smirk...

:pow:

There we go... you gotta be annoyed at going out with a whimper...

Other than that, all the other ties are really, really interesting.... the Pens series is facinating, however, the Caps have to be watching on with a big smirk...

I shan't be saying anything about the Devs until if/when we pick the W needed to send us through. Got a bad feeling about how this tie will pan out...

Woeful.

The one thing Devs have always embodied is effort and hard worl. This series has been pitiful.

I said at the start of last season that we were a team in transition and whilst we've maintained our form in the season we've shown that lack of cohesiveness in the playoffs for two years running now.

I fear we could be at least 10 years from a Cup now, with Marty closing in on retirement. I think making the playoffs will become our target soon and not winning them.

I've just reported this post for abusive language. Disgraceful. I hope the mods take action. <_<

"Get out of our thread, get out of our threeeeaaaaad, You palace mod barsteward, get out of our thread"

:wink:

To loosely quote Brian Clough, the mods and I discussed it for a few minutes and then we decided I was right. :wink:

C'mon Detroit!!

I've just reported this post for abusive language. Disgraceful. I hope the mods take action. <_<

"Get out of our thread, get out of our threeeeaaaaad, You palace mod barsteward, get out of our thread"

:wink:

Thanks mate, good to know you've got my back.

In all honesty given the trouble in Phoenix at the start of the season I'd want them to beat anyone in the West...it being the Red Wings in the first round would be doubly sweet though. :grin:

As it stands:

EAST

1 BF ~ New Jersey Devils

2 JSS ~ Pittsburgh Penguins

3 DR ~ Boston Bruins

4 DR ~ Philadelphia Flyers

5 Ack ~ Washington Capitals

6 BF ~ Buffalo Sabres

7 JSS ~ Montreal Canadiens

8 Ack ~ Ottawa Senators

WEST

1 BF ~ Colorado Avalanche

2 JSS ~ Chicago Blackhawks

3 DR ~ Nashville

4 DR ~ Detroit Red Wings

5 Ack ~ Phoenix Coyotes

6 BF ~ Los Angeles Kings

7 JSS ~ San Jose Sharks

8 Ack ~ Vancouver Canucks

As it stands:

EAST

1 BF ~ New Jersey Devils

2 JSS ~ Pittsburgh Penguins

3 DR ~ Boston Bruins

4 DR ~ Philadelphia Flyers

5 Ack ~ Washington Capitals

6 BF ~ Buffalo Sabres

7 JSS ~ Montreal Canadiens

8 Ack ~ Ottawa Senators

WEST

1 BF ~ Colorado Avalanche

2 JSS ~ Chicago Blackhawks

3 DR ~ Nashville

4 DR ~ Detroit Red Wings

5 Ack ~ Phoenix Coyotes

6 BF ~ Los Angeles Kings

7 JSS ~ San Jose Sharks

8 Ack ~ Vancouver Canucks

BF's NHL season continues to go from strength to strength then...:wink:

Again...go Habs go! Unbelievable.

Plus I'm in Toronto this coming weekend...cheering on the Pens against Montreal in a bar there would be sweet. As would be touching the Cup in the Hall of Fame on Saturday knowing I'll have my mits on it this year and Alex Ovechkin won't :wink:

Again...go Habs go! Unbelievable.

Plus I'm in Toronto this coming weekend...cheering on the Pens against Montreal in a bar there would be sweet. As would be touching the Cup in the Hall of Fame on Saturday knowing I'll have my mits on it this year and Alex Ovechkin won't :wink:

The hall of fame is awesome, make sure you check out the Storm jersey in the European section!! Only British team represented! :D

I can't think of anything I did there which was unusual or obscure... just the usual tourist-trap stuff... If I do I'll let you know.

You gonna give up on Hockey this season then BF?

I'd offer him the Canadiens to keep it interesting but I worry he'd curse them before tonight. Think I'll wait until they're through and set to play the Pens :wink:

Gutted for Phoenix last night. The two Western series should be brilliant.