NHL 2009/10 Season

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Staal and Kronwall smashed into eachother in OT in the Pens/Red Wings game before, the latter definately came off worse. By all accounts Kronwall's is just coming back from injury and the commentators certainly felt from their experience that the way he went down and reacted on the bench, he will probably have a bit of a lay off now which deals a big blow to Sweden's Olympic team.

Keep up the voodoo work, Allan...

Staal and Kronwall smashed into eachother in OT in the Pens/Red Wings game before, the latter definately came off worse. By all accounts Kronwall's is just coming back from injury and the commentators certainly felt from their experience that the way he went down and reacted on the bench, he will probably have a bit of a lay off now which deals a big blow to Sweden's Olympic team.

Keep up the voodoo work, Allan...

:naughty:

And what is the best image I have seen all week...

Teemu%20and%20Getzy.jpg

And bye bye JS, thanks for 2007... and long live new King Hiller.... as well as a massive saving on the old wage bill!

Great Canucks comeback against the Maple Leafs from being 3-0 down to winning 5-3 :). Extends our winning streak to 7.

Oilers 1 - 6 Flames, get in there

Oh hello, a couple of lucky wins and we get a couple of glory hunters on our little thread!!!

"You only post when your wiiiiiinniiiiing, Post when your winnning"

Caniadian teams are for wierdos. <_<

Dave? Ackey? Being very quiet... :naughty:

I'm quite happy. I said earlier that we'd slump, it's pretty hard to play an entire season and post season at your peak, if not totally impossible.

So when you think we're without Paddy E, Paul Martin and David Clarkson that's a reasonable record we have.

Step back, re-group and re-find our form and hit the playoffs hot.

I'm quite happy. I said earlier that we'd slump, it's pretty hard to play an entire season and post season at your peak, if not totally impossible.

So when you think we're without Paddy E, Paul Martin and David Clarkson that's a reasonable record we have.

Step back, re-group and re-find our form and hit the playoffs hot.

Giguere in shutout shocker....!!!

You never really want to play a quality (but underperforming) GT on his first game on new ice!

Selenne back and bloody scoring. The world is good again.

:)

Edited by BigfinLatic

Say that again - Devils in Marquee forward shocker!

Now, can you play 2-way hockey for $100m+?

I actually never knew Kovy could play in defence.

Baby. We're the Devils. We're not stupid!

We've not offered him $100!! He's here until the end of the year, when he still becomes an unrestricted free agent. We, I think, have a clause on that unrestrictedness, but I'm not certain.

This is a big, big gamble on winning the Cup this season, and one I think is worth taking.

Oduya I'm sorry to see leave, he's been an atypical Devil, coming from nowhere and working hard to get what he has. Bergforgs' got potential, but as NHL.com points out, his +/- is dreadful and he's not scored in 13 games now... one which you might look back on in a couple of years and regret, but one which at the end of the day is a risk you have to take sometimes.

That prospect is someone who managed to get thrown out of the QMJL - which is astounding as that's, by a very long way, the roughest league in the world. He left someone having on ice convulsions after putting in an elbow... he was never going to be a Dev with self control like that, no matter how good a prospect he was.

We get one of the most potent attacking threats in the league as he begins the accent to his peak years, joining a team which has had phenomenal D all year and lacked a power forward who can create and score from the less obvious situations.

We also have Paddy E back in training which will open us up to two scoring lines when he returns, one more offensive one more defensive.

I'm excited. Very excited.

Well we didn't half balls that up...ridiculous preperations though for the game...the team were supposed to fly from Montreal to Washington after the game yesterday but couldn't because of the snow chaos. Ended up flying to Newark and then having to get a coach to Washington, only got there in the early hours of the morning and had to play at lunchtime.

Lukers...did you go to the game then last night? Remarkable result.

Well we didn't half balls that up...ridiculous preperations though for the game...the team were supposed to fly from Montreal to Washington after the game yesterday but couldn't because of the snow chaos. Ended up flying to Newark and then having to get a coach to Washington, only got there in the early hours of the morning and had to play at lunchtime.

Lukers...did you go to the game then last night? Remarkable result.

Did you not get a PM? I think he was quite happy!!!

Giguere? Where the bloody hell is this coming from? TBH, great keeper, in need of a fresh start. Good luck to him. Could be an amazing bit of business for the Leafs.

... as for the Caps V Pens... what I am thinking about now is the Olympics. Anyone else thinking it could lead to the most hyped Canada V Russia final in history?! A gold medal Sid V Ovie? The press would literally explode with hype...

Did you not get a PM? I think he was quite happy!!!

Giguere? Where the bloody hell is this coming from? TBH, great keeper, in need of a fresh start. Good luck to him. Could be an amazing bit of business for the Leafs.

... as for the Caps V Pens... what I am thinking about now is the Olympics. Anyone else thinking it could lead to the most hyped Canada V Russia final in history?! A gold medal Sid V Ovie? The press would literally explode with hype...

I didn't get a PM...now I feel left out. Ouch.

It would be a great final. Crosby - Ovechkin but also Crosby - Malkin would be interesting.

Yeah, not bad for a girl I suppose :wink:

A good time for a winter break for the Devs, eh? Looking forward to the Olympics starting for real on Tuesday...

We were desperate for it, yeah.

I think Canada's 18-0 bumming of Slovenia (? I can't be arsed checking) shows just how boring women's hockey is for the most part, it was farcical, they could have had 30.

Yeah, not bad for a girl I suppose :wink:

A good time for a winter break for the Devs, eh? Looking forward to the Olympics starting for real on Tuesday...

Yep, give us a couple of weeks rest and then we will be ready for the playoff push.

Scheduling for the Hockey is good for us. Semi's are on a Friday night, and the Final is 8 pm on the Sunday evening.