NHL 2009/10 Season

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are we assuming the games will be shown on the red button? I haven't been watching the rest of it so far, does anyone know how comprehensive the interactive coverage is?

It's been broken for me for two days!

I'm hopeful that Eurosport will show it on HD...

Are we assuming the games will be shown on the red button? I haven't been watching the rest of it so far, does anyone know how comprehensive the interactive coverage is?

If you go onto the BBC Winter Olympic webpage you can see the whole schedule - day by day. They seem to be showing about 50% of the group games on interactive - all Canada and the USA games (with the big one on BBC main coverage), and then a smattering of others - needless to say, all the Finland games are missing... <_< however, I'm hoping eurosport might pick up more of the european based teams matches - i havent checked through thier schedule...

Then all the knock out games are live on the red button... so suppose I cant complain... will see at least one finland game!

As for the Womens hockey... its just stupid how far ahead of the rest the canadians are... the USA can get near, but all the rest are just playing for Bronze, which Sweden will probably win.

It doenst look like the BBC are showing the USA game tomorrow.

Nope. They are showing canada the next night though. There no point watching it anyway... Super Jonas will just shut-out the USA... :wink:

Just checked the Eurposport schedule - they are showing every game that faces off at 5am... which means two of Finland's group games.... including....

FINLAND V SWEDEN!!!!

:)

Absolute quality....

Nope. They are showing canada the next night though. There no point watching it anyway... Super Jonas will just shut-out the USA... :wink:

Just checked the Eurposport schedule - they are showing every game that faces off at 5am... which means two of Finland's group games.... including....

FINLAND V SWEDEN!!!!

Absolute quality....

I was banking on the 8pm games being on.... they are the only ones on at a reasonable time.

I was banking on the 8pm games being on.... they are the only ones on at a reasonable time.

Nope - not until the knock out phase. Too much bilge sports (such as curling and skeleton) to show which take place in daylight, and are bilge enough so that a Brit might just scrape a medal.

Just been reading all the Olympic stuff on NHL.com - just got me very excited... very, very excited... I also remembered that goal from sweden in 2006. :disappointed:

Theres just something that say we have a shot this year... swan-song of Teemu and Saku, revenge mission, and the high probability that everyone will be so focussed on Russia and Canada that the pressure is totally off the Finns.... I dont know... but its going to be sodding brilliant.

Nope - not until the knock out phase. Too much bilge sports (such as curling and skeleton) to show which take place in daylight, and are bilge enough so that a Brit might just scrape a medal.

I'm going to have to take issue with your inclusion of Skeleton- there is no way Skeleton is a "bilge" sport its bloody hard and bloody dangerous. We do OK in them for the same reason we do OK in the cycling and the sailing- because we can afford to spend money on the technology (and we have someone with a PhD in it). Plus you don't need expensive training facilities not designed for our climate as you can build something out of concrete which works up to a fairly substanial point.

Curling though- that's just quoits on ice and don't get me started on figure skating.

As for coverage of the hockey try online as they are showing more than one thing at once (I think they had the 18-0 on last night or the night before).

Pished off they're not showing all the games then on the BBC - I'm sure there are more people in the country who have an actual interest in the hockey than in the bloody speed skating. Plus it's a hell of a lot more exciting to watch for a beginner.

Looks like I'm going to have to work out how to connect my laptop to the TV, at least the BBC streams should be of a decent quality. I do hope however they have the North American commentators on, and not Shannon Hope, who was commentating on the women's highlights.

Still supporting Finland, though I think Russia will win it. Looking forward to seeing Jagr play again.

Pished off they're not showing all the games then on the BBC - I'm sure there are more people in the country who have an actual interest in the hockey than in the bloody speed skating. Plus it's a hell of a lot more exciting to watch for a beginner.

Looks like I'm going to have to work out how to connect my laptop to the TV, at least the BBC streams should be of a decent quality. I do hope however they have the North American commentators on, and not Shannon Hope, who was commentating on the women's highlights.

Still supporting Finland, though I think Russia will win it. Looking forward to seeing Jagr play again.

Just watch eurosport wherever you can - will be Ferguson and Beaupray - just two of the most amazing hockey commentators around, if not the best commentators on any sport that ever existed...

Switched off three or four minutes into the second period of the Canada game last night, first period was 0-0 but after they got two straight after the intermission it was clear it was going to be a rout. Plus I got a text during the USA game saying 'this is like a poor Storm game', so I figured it was better to keep watching the football...

Should be three interesting games today though.

A thoroughly professional and satisfactory opening to the tournament. Should have been about 10-1, but a little rusty finishing and occasional showboating is expected in the first game. Belarus seemed awful, however we will see when they play Sweden in the second game... a couple of great goals though, and if only Koivu's shot that hit the post in the third would have gone in - now that would be a highlight reel goal...

The Hagman, M.Koivu and Jokinen line looked very dangerous... as did the power-play (some amazing work by Peltonen, Teemu, Jokinen and Hagman) and tbh, its going to be our major weapon in the later rounds. Teemu should have had about 6, but is still getting stronger by the day after the shattered jaw... Saku barely iced in the third... hope he was just resting rather than an injury...

All very comfortable... perfect start to a tournament really... another 'warm-up' game to come against the Germans now (hopefully after they have injured half the sweden team... especially forsberg)

A thoroughly professional and satisfactory opening to the tournament. Should have been about 10-1, but a little rusty finishing and occasional showboating is expected in the first game. Belarus seemed awful, however we will see when they play Sweden in the second game... a couple of great goals though, and if only Koivu's shot that hit the post in the third would have gone in - now that would be a highlight reel goal...

The Hagman, M.Koivu and Jokinen line looked very dangerous... as did the power-play (some amazing work by Peltonen, Teemu, Jokinen and Hagman) and tbh, its going to be our major weapon in the later rounds. Teemu should have had about 6, but is still getting stronger by the day after the shattered jaw... Saku barely iced in the third... hope he was just resting rather than an injury...

All very comfortable... perfect start to a tournament really... another 'warm-up' game to come against the Germans now (hopefully after they have injured half the sweden team... especially forsberg)

I watched til the end of the first. It was all very one sided so could see how it would end up.

I'm planning on getting up extra early for work tomorrow to watch the Czech-Slovak derby. Should be a good 'un, and get to watch Patty E which is nice.

I'm planning on getting up extra early for work tomorrow to watch the Czech-Slovak derby. Should be a good 'un, and get to watch Patty E which is nice.

The game I'm most looking forward to is the Russia-Czech game - Malkin vs Jagr. Been a bit of a damp squib so far, hoping one of the big names will get run hard soon...whilst a couple have taken a while for the bigger nation to get a grip, the smaller nations just don't look like scoring against them. Fingers crossed the Germans can do something this evening.

The game I'm most looking forward to is the Russia-Czech game - Malkin vs Jagr. Been a bit of a damp squib so far, hoping one of the big names will get run hard soon...whilst a couple have taken a while for the bigger nation to get a grip, the smaller nations just don't look like scoring against them. Fingers crossed the Germans can do something this evening.

They almost bloody did! Outshooting them for quite a while, and the swedes looking very nervous. There will be a few nervous glances after that game, however first games of the tournaments mean very little... i'm sure the swedes will be annoyingly ready by sunday night... <_<