NHL 2009/10 Season

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And that they've picked a guy who knows nothing about hockey to commentate!

When he suggested that the greatest goalie of all time may get pulled because he conceded 2 in a period, I cringed. And I wish he would stop going on and on about Canada picking Brodeur over Luongo. Someone should point out to him that Babcock has picked Brodeur because he is the best. Luongo is good, but Marty owns the record book, and that is why he is playing.

When he suggested that the greatest goalie of all time may get pulled because he conceded 2 in a period, I cringed. And I wish he would stop going on and on about Canada picking Brodeur over Luongo. Someone should point out to him that Babcock has picked Brodeur because he is the best. Luongo is good, but Marty owns the record book, and that is why he is playing.

He also used the word 'zone' about 300 times in the first period. Has no concept of the 'dump and chase'. No understanding of how/when/why goalies play the puck. I could go on...

Oh, and Morrow was immense on that play.

What sport does he usually commentate on? It's obvious that he has just been put on the hockey by the BBC as they don't have a hockey commentator, in much the same way that Steve Cram is commentating on Curling.

I recognise his voice - but can't place it.

Marty's wrong there - no need to dive at that.

Well another ten minutes of listening to the crowd and the announcer. Why is this on the red button anyway surely its more entertaining than tobogan!

They keep building it up as the only medal any Canadians care about and then bung it where no one will see it. Ridiculous isn't it?

What I don't get is why Brent Pope doesn't pull him aside and tell him to stop talking nonsense...that this is how teams work powerplays etc. The guy's awful.

Pope's not exactly the sharpest knife in the draw, is he?

I thought he was still coaching over here - how's he got time to spend two weeks over there?!

Pope's not exactly the sharpest knife in the draw, is he?

I thought he was still coaching over here - how's he got time to spend two weeks over there?!

I very much doubt they are over there.. are they? I'd imagine they are just sat looking at a TV - Eurosport Styleee...

I very much doubt they are over there.. are they? I'd imagine they are just sat looking at a TV - Eurosport Styleee...

That's what I assumed - but when they were talking during the game they said things which led implied they were actually there - and the BBC does have a huge presence at the games (and every other event for that matter) due to the way the organisation is structured.