NHL 2009/10 Season

• Replies 571
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will take that as a no! Canada beat Hiller Switzerland on sudden-death penalty shots...great stuff.

Seeing I had to be up at 6am for work, no I didnt quite manage it!

Saw the highlights this morning though - Hiller was immense. However, a stuttering Canadian attack is interesting. Watched the second period of Russia V Slovakia this morning too, and thought the Slovaks were the better side... all very interesting if the two super-powers are not playing as a team...

As I say though... long way to go... but with such a short tournament, its all about who gets in the flow early.

... and my god the USA are boring. Its like watching the Devs. :wink:

I hope you have all noticed that the Slovaks beat the roooskis early this morning.... and from what I saw of the game were the better side...

Meaning the Czech V Russia game is a must win game for the red-machine, should be an absolute corker!!

EDIT: I just read that Parise article and almost lost the will to live. Dull. Truly Dull. Along with the US team, and a certain hockey team that shall remain nameless. I have a sneaking feeling the US will beat canada though... we will see...

Edited by BigfinLatic

I hope you have all noticed that the Slovaks beat the roooskis early this morning.... and from what I saw of the game were the better side...

Meaning the Czech V Russia game is a must win game for the red-machine, should be an absolute corker!!

EDIT: I just read that Parise article and almost lost the will to live. Dull. Truly Dull. Along with the US team, and a certain hockey team that shall remain nameless. I have a sneaking feeling the US will beat canada though... we will see...

The epitome of a Dev. Working class family, knows what has to be done. +24 for the season. I'd happily watch the Devs all day, obviously.

It's the reason I don't hate teams who beat Arsenal by shutting down the midfield or Liverpool by kicking the bejesus out of Torres. I have unending respect for teams or people willing to do the hard graft to get what they want.

Do any of you guys subscribe to ESPN 360? Sounds like a good package and since i'm just getting into hockey i want to watch as much NHL as possible so i can get used to the league and players so that i know what/who people are talking about on pod casts and the like

Do any of you guys subscribe to ESPN 360? Sounds like a good package and since i'm just getting into hockey i want to watch as much NHL as possible so i can get used to the league and players so that i know what/who people are talking about on pod casts and the like

I subscribed to it last season. It's pretty damn good. I might get it again this season as the playoffs approach.

Early doors mate, whilst you get used to it, watch the highlights on NHL.com - all free and decent quality.

Yeh iv been watching those from the last month or so. Would quite like to watch the full games though thats why i'm looking at that package. it'l cost 12.99 for march and Dallas have a game every other day so its about 16 full games which i think is well worth 12.99

BBC guy showing his lack of hockey knowledge to blame Marty - the second one sure, he's had a special moment. But the Canadians look like they forgot to bring their D with them off the bus!!

BriBri coming up big for the USA though. Dude.

Stupid bloody icing rule.

Strange whacking the puck away in mid air like that. Don't think he'l get pulled though just for that. The only Stars player involved is Morrow and i have no connection to either nation so i'm going to support him and there for Canada. It's been enjoyable so far. Shame the BBC don't think the intermissions need filling.

Strange whacking the puck away in mid air like that. Don't think he'l get pulled though just for that. The only Stars player involved is Morrow and i have no connection to either nation so i'm going to support him and there for Canada. It's been enjoyable so far. Shame the BBC don't think the intermissions need filling.

And that they've picked a guy who knows nothing about hockey to commentate!