Massive week!

Well done Brill, Rubes and Greegs i'm glad a lot of us are being proved wrong and just a little snippet not wanting to tempt fate but we are a point better off after nine games than we were in 06/07.

This week is massive and will probably give us an indication of how we're likely to do this season. The league is beginning to settle down but 4 or even 6 points could see us gatecrash the top 6 and as a poster mentioned last week - that would be a geat position to be in going down to the Valley. Like all managers, injuries have dictated and helped the manager stumble onto a winning formula. Parker looks to be finding his feet, Pav is scoring - Brill is looking more assured and Greegs and Rubes whilst still making the odd mistake are getting away with it more than they were a month ago. As for Kelvin never rated him at LB but he's always been a very steady RB. Special mention for the centre-mids - Whitaker's assuredness on the ball is possibly what was lacking from Furman, he can calm down a bit knowing that unlike Worthy (Whits) will find a blue shirt and carry the ball. It helps too that our main threat is looking stronger week after week (Taylor), now we just need Colbeck to begin making his mark but it hard to criticise when he's part of a winning team.

Well done to DP, I knew he'd begin to turn it around and well done to the 171 at Roots Hall. Massive week ahead, bring it on!

Edited by oafcprozac

Well done Brill, Rubes and Greegs i'm glad a lot of us are being proved wrong and just a little snippet not wanting to tempt fate but we are a point better off after nine games than we were in 06/07.

This week is massive and will probably give us an indication of how we're likely to do this season. The league is beginning to settle down but 4 or even 6 points could see us gatecrash the top 6 and as a poster mentioned last week - that would be a geat position to be in going down to the Valley. Like all managers, injuries have dictated and helped the manager stumble onto a winning formula. Parker looks to be finding his feet, Pav is scoring - Brill is looking more assured and Greegs and Rubes whilst still making the odd mistake are getting away with it more than they were a month ago. As for Kelvin never rated him at LB but he's always been a very steady RB. Special mention for the centre-mids - Whitaker's assuredness on the ball is possibly what was lacking from Furman, he can calm down a bit knowing that unlike Worthy (Whits) will find a blue shirt and carry the ball. It helps too that our main threat is looking stronger week after week (Taylor), now we just need Colbeck to begin making his mark but it hard to criticise when he's part of a winning team.

Well done to DP, I knew he'd begin to turn it around and well done to the 171 at Roots Hall. Massive week ahead, bring it on!

Yeh right. We remember your earlier drivel and it will be dug back up and posted on here along with all the other non-believers and panickers posts at the end of the season when we win promotion at the end of the season :grin::grin:

Edited by Yard Dog

Yeh right. We remember your earlier drivel and it will be dug back up and posted on here along with all the other non-believers and panickers posts at the end of the season when we win promotion at the end of the season :grin::grin:

:lol:

I didnt want DP... I still dont think he is the "one"... Nothing would make me happier though for this to be reposted come May and have Latics in the Championship :)

Show me where I've ever even intimated that I've wanted Penney out? I've criticised the owners for giving him a pisspoor budget and quite rightly so. I've never doubted Penney's abilities as a good lower league manager. Whether he'll be showing that ability in the top-half of League One or the bottom-half is likely to become a little clearer after this week's two home games.

And for those who have chosen not to attend in recent weeks - you know who you are - perhaps you might actually give some backing to the players and club and get to BP . instead of posturing about being Latics supporters.,

tbh i find we play worse at bigger crowds at home so thay can stay away and let us have all the fun

And for those who have chosen not to attend in recent weeks - you know who you are - perhaps you might actually give some backing to the players and club and get to BP . instead of posturing about being Latics supporters.,

As i have stated in other threads, i have only attended bp for the first game of the season.

However, im tempted by tue night. I may get a few others to come with me too.

It'l be my first match since swindon. My student loan comes through tomorrow which means on friday i'll be gettin the train home for the mk dongs match wooooo i'm excited about watching latics at home again!

It'l be my first match since swindon. My student loan comes through tomorrow which means on friday i'll be gettin the train home for the mk dongs match wooooo i'm excited about watching latics at home again!

You might want to get the train back on tuesday day to make sure you get to the MK Dons match!

Show me where I've ever even intimated that I've wanted Penney out? I've criticised the owners for giving him a pisspoor budget and quite rightly so. I've never doubted Penney's abilities as a good lower league manager. Whether he'll be showing that ability in the top-half of League One or the bottom-half is likely to become a little clearer after this week's two home games.

Are you for real oafcprozac???????

I very rarely post on this board but do spend time reading posts on a regular basis.

To read your post dated 27th September 10.52 quote ‘I've criticised the owners for giving him a pisspoor budget and quite rightly so.’

Now from reading your original post at the start of thread I got the impression that you talked a lot of sense about Latics. However how you can come to the conclusion that TTA have provided DP with a piss poor budget is beyond me.

Are you aware that they have funded 19 signings (minimum 1 month loan deals) so far all listed below:

Kazimierczak

Brill

Steer

Gilbert

Sheehan

Jacobson

Mckerr

Worthington

Holsdworth

Abbott

Purdie

Furman

Gregan

Parker

Colbeck

:censored:

Blackman

Byfield

Ojapah

Now if you do your maths on the list above you will work out that it is far from a piss poor budget and dare I say it may even be up on 08/09.

Can you imagine spending an absolute fortune week in week out on OAFC to hear such quotes from you?

Now is a time for everyone to get behind the team, management owners etc

Here's to 3 point against MK Dons

Are you for real oafcprozac???????

I very rarely post on this board but do spend time reading posts on a regular basis.

To read your post dated 27th September 10.52 quote ‘I've criticised the owners for giving him a pisspoor budget and quite rightly so.’

Now from reading your original post at the start of thread I got the impression that you talked a lot of sense about Latics. However how you can come to the conclusion that TTA have provided DP with a piss poor budget is beyond me.

Are you aware that they have funded 19 signings (minimum 1 month loan deals) so far all listed below:

Kazimierczak - week to week

Brill

Steer - a young kid on 12 month deal

Gilbert - week to week

Sheehan - loan, mainly funded by Leeds I reckon

Jacobson

Mckerr - a kid

Worthington -

Holsdworth

Abbott

Purdie

Furman

Gregan - vastly reduced terms (good bit of business bringing him into thereal world)

Parker

Colbeck

Marrrow - Blackburn will be paying most of his wages grateful for the experience he's getting

Blackman - Ditto

Byfield - Week to week

Ojapah - 12 month deal

So if we're being harsh we've brought in 19 players yes but 6 have been loanees or on week to week deals and another 3 are kids that in all reality shouldn't be anywhere near the first-team.

So that's 10 first teamers

ok players we've released. (loanees too if we're playing that game and players we've loaned out)

Crossley

Fleming

Eardley (Sold)

Stam

Supple

Westlake

Wolfenden

Stephens

Maher

Allott

Liddell

Kabba

Windass

Hughes

Jones

O'Grady

Wolfy, O'Grady and Stephens apart they're all first-teamers and I reckon mostly higher earners than what we have now.

If they manage to gain promotion on a shoe-string with only one out and out striker I'll be impressed....but we tried that before in 06/07 didn't we?

If they manage to gain promotion on a shoe-string with only one out and out striker I'll be impressed....but we tried that before in 06/07 didn't we?

Anyhow :censored: it! I forgot no-one's allowed to question TTA that's why I'm sticking to what I'm good at, supporting the team. All will be revealed, as many of us learnt a fair bit last weekend...

Bring on The Mongs...