M K Dons and Officials are in trouble

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sky live score centre have it down as four subs too

So that's the BBC, Sky and Soccerbase all listing it as four - Plot thickens....

I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the main 'sports' outlet ie. BBC, Sky etc all use PA services for footy games, hence the reason that both SSN and BBC live text had us 3-0 at one point...and both have the 4 subs thing. So it doesn't necessarily mean that several different correspondents saw it, just that they take the info from the same single source.

Still being there I only remember them making 3. Whether the confusion over our sub late on when they confused the numbers and announced the sub twice has played a part in the reporting I don't know.

Reflecting back now sat near Ince, I'm pretty sure this maybe the case.

I remember Chadwick going off through injury at the beginning. So thats 1..

I remember Howell going off. 2..

Morgan came on after we scored the second as they took off a centre half for an extra striker. 3...

And I remember Richie Partridge coming on near the end. So that makes 4...

The plot does thicken!

Reflecting back now sat near Ince, I'm pretty sure this maybe the case.

I remember Chadwick going off through injury at the beginning. So thats 1..

I remember Howell going off. 2..

Morgan came on after we scored the second as they took off a centre half for an extra striker. 3...

And I remember Richie Partridge coming on near the end. So that makes 4...

The plot does thicken!

Howell did not go off for Carrington, the media made a big :censored: up. They also said Partridge scored an own goal to make it 3 - 0.

I can guarentee that only three subs were made.

Edit - The subs were Chadwick - Johnson

Howell - Partridge

Powell - Morgan

Edited by Part Of The Crowd

If you go on the MK Dons site and their appearance page and look at Mark Carrington - it says he has made 4 league appearances and 2 as sub!

If you then go on all their league match reports - he had only made up to last night 4 appearances and 1 as sub!!!!!

So the bottom line is - i have absolutely no idea what is going on!

But if anybody wants to see Gordons e -mail to me, leave your e-mail address and i will forward it to you!!

I have now just received yhe following e-mail!!

Andy

Thanks for the email.

I was alerted to this a couple of hours ago and have mentioned it to the Football league who will look into it.

Alan

Alan Hardy

Chief Executive / Director

Oldham Athletic AFC

T: 0161 624 4972

F: 0161 627 5915

E: alan.hardy@oldhamathletic.co.uk

Boundary Park,

Furtherwood Road,

Oldham.

OL1 2PA

Visit us online at www.oldhamathletic.co.uk

Registered in England No. 4989487

So their must be something in it if it has gone as high as it has at BP!!

My mate - the one I mentioned who keeps a stats record - has the subs as follows:

Johnson for Chadwick

Partridge for Howell

Morgan for Powell

I'm going to go with the theory that Carrington never went on, but that the news sites reported him as going on because their one joint (and soon to be embarrassed) source at the ground got it wrong. <_<

If you look at the sources it lists that both Partridge and Carrington came on for Howell at different times.

Our official match report seems to show Carrington coming on for Howell and then Partridge on for Carrington.

Thought your lot were big, powerful and dangerous from set pieces last night, we had to fight hard for the win. Lewington really shouldn't let Parker wind him up like that though... :lol:

We were god aweful last night. You contained us well but we did not play our usual style of football. We sounded like we lacked creativity and were showing effects from playing most of the match with 10 men on Saturday against Leeds who looked to spread the play and tire us out. There was no drive and it wasn't good enough. Lewington has been a bit off this season, he came back after Swine Flu to get a nasty head injury which has obviously hampered his return to fitness, very good player when fully fit though.

What has been ridiculous so far this season has been injuries, we've had so many it's been impossible to have any sort of fluency with teams. When we have our starting 11 fit and playing together for more than a single game without being shuffled around to accomidate for absences through injury then we'll be a much better outfit. We've been unlucky so far this season in that we've had real problems with picky refs who are stopping the play every two seconds and not letting there be a physical side to the game. I'm not sure how it has been for you but the refs have been very 'Premiership' in relation to their view of tough but fair challenges.

We've been unlucky so far this season in that we've had real problems with picky refs who are stopping the play every two seconds and not letting there be a physical side to the game. I'm not sure how it has been for you but the refs have been very 'Premiership' in relation to their view of tough but fair challenges.

I can understand that. There were a few niggles last night that it'd be nice to do without, but on the whole I thought your players tended to be robust without being outright dirty. Certainly not something we should complain about when it's an important part of our own game away from home.

The only thing that stops me predicting play-offs and possib le promotion for you is the manager. I really do not rate Ince. At all.

We were god aweful last night. You contained us well but we did not play our usual style of football. We sounded like we lacked creativity and were showing effects from playing most of the match with 10 men on Saturday against Leeds who looked to spread the play and tire us out. There was no drive and it wasn't good enough. Lewington has been a bit off this season, he came back after Swine Flu to get a nasty head injury which has obviously hampered his return to fitness, very good player when fully fit though.

What has been ridiculous so far this season has been injuries, we've had so many it's been impossible to have any sort of fluency with teams. When we have our starting 11 fit and playing together for more than a single game without being shuffled around to accomidate for absences through injury then we'll be a much better outfit. We've been unlucky so far this season in that we've had real problems with picky refs who are stopping the play every two seconds and not letting there be a physical side to the game. I'm not sure how it has been for you but the refs have been very 'Premiership' in relation to their view of tough but fair challenges.

Pretty much the same as ourselves then.

As for the 4th sub putting the cross in which deflected off the unlucky Brill.........I hope that when it comes to the play-offs doesn't mean either yourselves or us are in a battle for the play-offs on goal difference.