Clinical finishing

We need a goalscorer, that's for sure and Taylor needs to start chipping in.

I'll give Taylor a couple more weeks to get back in the swing of things, then I'll judge.

Colbeck looks like Smalley two years ago - head down run into a blind alley, lose the ball.

O'Grady is playing well at Dale by all accounts, have we got a recall clause on the loan deal??? I'd like to see him on our bench over Brooke.

Edited by Snookmeister

We made some bad choices today when going forward. When :censored: burst into the box he should have been looing to square it and a few minutes later Parker did the same thing and should have given it to Abbot instead of trying what worked on Tuesday no wonder Pav went ape at him a free shot 8 yards out - could well have been all it needed today.

We made some bad choices today when going forward. When :censored: burst into the box he should have been looing to square it and a few minutes later Parker did the same thing and should have given it to Abbot instead of trying what worked on Tuesday no wonder Pav went ape at him a free shot 8 yards out - could well have been all it needed today.

Yep, very wasteful from both Parker and :censored:, I don't think Pav could believe it that second time, acres of space and he gets ignored. O'Grady isn't the answer for me, possible replacement for Pav if he gets injured but never a goalscorer. Brooke isn't the answer either yet from what i've seen. I missed teh Walsall game last season when he seemed to make a real impact but everytime i've seen him he doesn't look ready. Just too slow on the ball and nowhere near enough body strength, we need another option as it's unfair to keep throwing him in there to get bullied by experienced defenders.

Brooke has looked well out of his depth (sadly) when he's been brought on. He took the goal at Walsall excellently, not straightforward either. But this season he looks like he can't get rid of the ball quickly enough.

Pav looked to be feeling his injury by the end of the game yesterday. I wouldn't mind seeing O'Grady being given a chance if necessary, but I suspect he'll go to the Dale for an undisclosed fee in January.

We are woefully short in the striker department, we have no one to bring on to change the game or threaten an oppositions defence. Somehow we need to find the budget to address this,especially now blackman's gone back.

I thought we had Blackman until Jan? Did he get injured?

Id take someone like Scott Vernon a natural poacher but then we would really be lacking in pace up top...It seems to be the case at level you get someone with blistering pace who cant hit a barn door or you get a good finisher with the pace of a snail.

So I suppose the answer is alongside Abbott would you rather have a Craig Davies/Jermaine Johnson/Kiegan Parker or a Scott Vernon?

Id take someone like Scott Vernon a natural poacher but then we would really be lacking in pace up top...It seems to be the case at level you get someone with blistering pace who cant hit a barn door or you get a good finisher with the pace of a snail.

So I suppose the answer is alongside Abbott would you rather have a Craig Davies/Jermaine Johnson/Kiegan Parker or a Scott Vernon?

Wheres your ambition? I would like Jermain Defoe along side Abbot :wink:

Yeah blackman got injured and has gone back for treatment thus leaving us very short imo.

Brooke has looked well out of his depth (sadly) when he's been brought on. He took the goal at Walsall excellently, not straightforward either. But this season he looks like he can't get rid of the ball quickly enough.

Pav looked to be feeling his injury by the end of the game yesterday. I wouldn't mind seeing O'Grady being given a chance if necessary, but I suspect he'll go to the Dale for an undisclosed fee in January.

One thing about Ryan Brooke - he does have good positional strength but needs to lose the nerves - still a good prospect though :wink: