When was your first game, and when did you get the bug?

singe

When did you go get hooked?  

126 members have voted

1. 1. When did you go to your first match

• 0-4
    • 5-10
    • 10-16
    • 17-21
    • Later
  2. 2. When do you consider you got hooked

• 0-4
    • 5-10
    • 11-16
    • 17-21
    • LAter
  3. 3. Who did you go with?

• Father
    • Mother
    • Relative
    • Neighbour
    • Friend/s
    • School mates
    • Mates (non school)
    • Boyfriend/ girlfriend fiance/ fiancee/wife
  4. 4. Did a footballer ever visit your school?

• Pre school
    • Junior School
    • Senior School
    • College
    • Never saw one

We never drew a game at BP at home on the Plastic pitch whilst Frankie Bunn was in the team! :lol: We drew 0-0 with Hull at BP in September 1987 midweek game, Bunn may well have been in the Hull team that night as he signed for us two months later. The next time we drew 0-0 at home was over 5 years later at home to Exeter in a league Cup 2nd leg!

That Good enough for yer Smart Arse! :wink:

The next League game we drew 0-0 at BP was against Arsenal in October of the 93/94 season - 6 years since the last home league 0-0!

Bunn played against Exeter?

it must have been that game then, around 92

nice one prozac :grin:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bunn played against Exeter?

it must have been that game then, around 92

nice one prozac :grin:

Bunn retired in 1991 mate. He played his last game in May 1990. Sure it was Frankie Bunn who blazed over? Actually just remmebered the 0-0 v Hull was the year before - August '86. The 0-0 I'm referring to in Sept' 87 was v Millwall and as I say Bunn was still playing for Hull. So not sure if you have the score wrong, could we perhaps have lost the game and been nilled as it were?

Games nilled at home whilst Frankie Bunn was at the club...not many - only two or three immediately spring to mind.

29/11/88 L0-2 v Everton LC 3 ®

14/1/89 L0-1 v City Div 2

28/3/90 L0-2 v Sheff Utd Div 2

Definitely no 0-0 draws at BP on the plastic whilst Frank Bunn was at the club.

Edited by oafcprozac

i think im right in saying i went to frankie bunns last game for hull which was aginst oldham at boothery park, my first away game

i think he scored - we lost 1-0 and he was at latics within either days or weeks at most

prozac may be able to correct me- except for me being there of course

edit - just read it above although im sure he signed after the away 1-0 defeat, not after a home game

Edited by palmer1

i think im right in saying i went to frankie bunns last game for hull which was aginst oldham at boothery park, my first away game

i think he scored - we lost 1-0 and he was at latics within either days or weeks at most

prozac may be able to correct me- except for me being there of course

edit - just read it above although im sure he signed after the away 1-0 defeat, not after a home game

The game you refer to was in September '87, Frankie signed in the November - although a future former Latic did score the winner - a player I hoped to have blotted all memory of........one Peter Skipper!

Oh and the game was Nick Henry's debut!

Oldham 1 Watford 1. 9th Jan 1981, 2 days after my 9th birthday. I only know the date cos I googled it and actually found highlights of the game on utube!

So it transpires that the first ever Oldham goal I witnessed was a Roger Palmer curler into the top corner, and I even saw John Barnes and Luther Blisset gracing our hallowed (snow covered) turf that day!

Watching the clip was like stepping back in time, it brought memories flooding back. I recall being there with my cousin (11) and some woman (in the same stand, one of the paddocks) shouting Watford every time me and my cousin shouted Oldham. I even remember arguing with her in the car on the way home cos i jumped in when she was telling her dad about it!

Singe, i've had a little moment of pure concentrated bliss here tonight and even came close to shedding a tear over it. A million thank yous.

I'm off to email our Andrea in Vancouver and see if she recalls it.

Its moments like this why I love my Oldham, and the armchair Man U and Chelsea fans around the world will never understand that.

Feckin magic.

JC

Oldham 1 Watford 1. 9th Jan 1981, 2 days after my 9th birthday. I only know the date cos I googled it and actually found highlights of the game on utube!

So it transpires that the first ever Oldham goal I witnessed was a Roger Palmer curler into the top corner, and I even saw John Barnes and Luther Blisset gracing our hallowed (snow covered) turf that day!

Watching the clip was like stepping back in time, it brought memories flooding back. I recall being there with my cousin (11) and some woman (in the same stand, one of the paddocks) shouting Watford every time me and my cousin shouted Oldham. I even remember arguing with her in the car on the way home cos i jumped in when she was telling her dad about it!

Singe, i've had a little moment of pure concentrated bliss here tonight and even came close to shedding a tear over it. A million thank yous.

Its moments like this why I love my Oldham, and the armchair Man U and Chelsea fans around the world will never understand that.

Feckin magic.

JC

An absolute pleasure , I realy hope andrea shares your memory.

I am jealous that you remeber your first game so well, and it's significance later on.

My only recollection of my first game is was when I moved to Diggle and Brian Cleggs sister Anne and her boyfriend I think, main stand, near the blue disabled cars.

I jumped over the advertising hoardings to pick up the ball.

Ans was really shocked to see this giant of a man bearing down on my to pick up the ball for the throw in!

I know I was roughly 4, but no idea the game.

THe next games I recall would have been in the 70's:

Vs St Mirren

v Bolton (police man with his helmet knocked off

IAn Woods testemonial v

sneaking in the back of thge Chaddy v West Brom I think they went up, we might have drawn

There's problbly 5 years between them but I am getting old!

Edited by singe

Feckin magic.

JC

I think that was my Dad's first Oldham game too. When asked what he made of Watford's winger- he said that the winger wouldn't make anything off him self as he was wearing gloves- of course that winger who was making his debut was one J. Barnes (turns out my Dad was half right he'll never make anything of himself as a manager :grin:)