And a great test for our defence. Maybe we should have lost 1 or 2 nil given the chances Charlton missed in the second half. But it sounds like we were pretty organised at the back and Worthington sounded like he had a blinder.

Another tough test next week though, I'm not sure I favour us for a win but if we can over come Charlton without defeat we should be able to do the same against Southampton at home.

9th in the table 2 points off the playoffs and unbeaten in 5.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

And a great test for our defence. Maybe we should have lost 1 or 2 nil given the chances Charlton missed in the second half. But it sounds like we were pretty organised at the back and Worthington sounded like he had a blinder.

Another tough test next week though, but we should be able to come through that with a win, here's hoping.

4 points off the playoffs and unbeaten in 5.

Aye a very good result especially with the 2 players we had missing. Sounds like we were holding on at the end especially with 2 players getting booked for time wasting.. one around the 70th minute mark lol.

Well played lads.

Latics started the second half level with second placed Charlton, after an epic battle at the Valley, both sides having had half chances to open the scoring in a none stop game.

The half began where the first had left off, an energetic and at times frantic affair, again both sides creating half chances, Danny Whitaker going close for Latics and Racon for Charlton, before Latics had the ball in the net on 52 minutes.

A Whitaker free kick to the back post was met by Reuben Hazell, coming in behind Sean Gregan, and deflected in off Pawel Abbott as Elliott parried - however the Latics Captain was harshly penalised for a hold on Richardson.

Ref caused us that goal people are saying there was no push on Ex Leeds player Richardson

Good point away from home penney doing well thank god

fantastic result! The whole team and especially Furman sounded like they worked extremely hard defensively.

we are showing some great resolve at the moment, unbeaten in five and just behind the pack. I'll settle for that.

Dowie was pretty negative about us in his post match thoughts, not just about our performance today but our choice to sack Shez, he said if we finish in the playoffs we're over achieving. He made it out as if it's gonna be our best result of the season and Charlton's worst. No credit for our performance really, other than saying Joe Colbeck looked good. : /

Dowie was pretty negative about us in his post match thoughts, not just about our performance today but our choice to sack Shez, he said if we finish in the playoffs we're over achieving. He made it out as if it's gonna be our best result of the season and Charlton's worst. No credit for our performance really, other than saying Joe Colbeck looked good. : /

i saw that, a bit disappointing from an ex-manager. other than that, 0-0 away at charlton is a great result especially without arguably two of our best players i think in sheehan and taylor. i heard dean furman on bbc radio manchester saying team spirit was really high and that all the players get on well. if we can keep this and the unbeaten run going, we could cement a place in the playoffs

Sky have just shown uh....highlights. Well two Charlton chances and none of ours, the over head kick that hit the bar near the end wasn't quite the sitter FIVE Live made out, it was on the edge of the box and a good effort.

Phil Parksinson said it was a disappointing result and that we came to make things difficult and said "he can't blame us". Seemed pretty gracious. Then they showed an interview with Penney but cut off in the middle to go to international scores. He pretty much just said it was a good result against a top side.

I think we may be featured as well tonight on The Football League Show.

Sky have just shown uh....highlights. Well two Charlton chances and none of ours, the over head kick that hit the bar near the end wasn't quite the sitter FIVE Live made out, it was on the edge of the box and a good effort.

Phil Parksinson said it was a disappointing result and that we came to make things difficult and said "he can't blame us". Seemed pretty gracious. Then they showed an interview with Penney but cut off in the middle to go to international scores. He pretty much just said it was a good result against a top side.

Sour grapes from Dowie as he looked to be willing the Addicks on to score against us but a fantastic result was had and it looks like we're on the up from here on in

i am really impressed with not only this result but the way we have been playing. we have been creating chances and defending well. one goal conceded in five games is impressive and that was a fluke own goal. it also surprised me looking at todays substitutes, the inexperience we have on the bench yet they first team are playing so well. a bit more cover would be nice but 5 games unbeaten wont see me complaining.

i saw that, a bit disappointing from an ex-manager. other than that, 0-0 away at charlton is a great result especially without arguably two of our best players i think in sheehan and taylor. i heard dean furman on bbc radio manchester saying team spirit was really high and that all the players get on well. if we can keep this and the unbeaten run going, we could cement a place in the playoffs

Funny how people hear things differently. I thought Dowie was quite postive about us. He's not kidding us; he said we looked decent and defended extremely well but with a poor start and new team he thinks the play-offs are the best we can hope for, which would be over-achieving. Does any one really disagree?

Let's not forget he was manager at Charlton too.

E4e

DOWIE

Funny how people hear things differently. I thought Dowie was quite postive about us. He's not kidding us; he said we looked decent and defended extremely well but with a poor start and new team he thinks the play-offs are the best we can hope for, which would be over-achieving. Does any one really disagree?

Let's not forget he was manager at Charlton too.

E4e

DOWIE

Aye I agree.

Read the Charlton report on their official side "An Oldham side which was happy to head, hack, and lump the ball into touch everytime"

Makes it out like we tried to kill the game from the moment it started.

Edited by Butter

Dowie to me seemed to sing Gregans and Hazells praises quite highly

How many clean sheets in the last 5 matches?

And the goal conceded was an unfortunate own goal conceded by Brill

Where are all the boo boys at the moment

Very well done Lads

If we were to finish up in the top 6 I guess it would be an over-achievement, but the teams with their fancy, big budgets have absolutely no given right to finish up there if they can't break the smaller sides down. Whatever Iain Dowie has to say he can say, but I won't be taking any notice of that prat or any other who likes to harp on about the past, such as "Oh, they treat John Sheridan wrongly", when they have absolutely no knowledge of what was happening. Dowie is a first-class fool in my eyes.

Let other teams write us off, it's fine by me. We all know what we're like when we come up against the big boys. We've done MK Dons, and now we've took a point from Charlton.

Well played, lads.

Not that they're brilliant, but it's good to see the much maligned Gregan, Hazell and Brill playing well and racking up clean sheets after so many calls for them to be replaced.

Chalk another one up to Dave Penney!

I really really really like Dave Penney.

Hi chaps,

I was at the game today and overall quite happy. Ist half was quite even although perhaps charlton shaded it with possession and chances. 2nd half we were over run partly due to in ability to retain the ball. My only real gripe was our apparent decision to play for a point with 30 mins remaining resulting in concerted pressure for Charlton. Having said that, if we had pushed on perhaps we wouldn't have even got a point.

Another tough test next week though, I'm not sure I favour us for a win but if we can over come Charlton without defeat we should be able to do the same against Southampton at home.

Disappointed, we could have won the game if we'd have broke into their half in the second half. Far too negative for my liking.

Disappointed, we could have won the game if we'd have broke into their half in the second half. Far too negative for my liking.

Oh so easy with hindsight, but how many more would have been complaining that we didn't keep it tight if we'd gone looking for a winner and let Charlton in at the other end?

0-0 away against an almost dead cert for automatic promotion will do for me. I like these results we're getting away from home - reminds me of the dogs of war under Dowie.

Everyone would have took the point before the game. Its a great result. If you were there you would've seen that Charlton weren't that good and perhaps there for the taking, but I think if we had gone for the win they could well have picked us apart.

I didn't see much wrong with our disallowed goal either

Everyone would have took the point before the game. Its a great result. If you were there you would've seen that Charlton weren't that good and perhaps there for the taking, but I think if we had gone for the win they could well have picked us apart.

I didn't see much wrong with our disallowed goal either

Charlton weren't that good I agree, I would have liked to have seen Blackman replace KP instead of the anonymous Lee - just to give Charlton another thing to think about and another physical presence for us up top.

As for the 'goal' Greegs and Rubes sandwiched him and it was a clear foul imo - well before the ball went into the net.

i remember talking to a knowledgeble darlo fan upon mr penny's appointment on the old rivals network...summat that stuck in my mind...

you won't win many games scoring loads of goals...on the other hand you won't lose many either...how true his words are transpiring to be..

we are a tough nut to crack now that the team is settled and i'm happy with that :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: