organised chanting

I am trying to organise as many people who are interested in getting together and going to the matches with the intent to chant. Many european teams have co-ordinated chanting.

We will have a list of chants to go through.

Examples are. All corners and free kicks are "come on Oldham"

As soon as ref blows final whistle " we love you Oldham"

At intervals during game other chants.

However I will be encouraging fans not to abuse ref know matter how poor because swearing at a robot is useless. And no booing own players it just doesnt work.

I pay £20 and want to enjoy it.

please reply if you are interested.

brierleys555@hotmail.com

If I only get a handfull for next home match its a start.

KTF

Edited by brierleys555

I am trying to organise as many people who are interested in getting together and going to the matches with the intent to chant. Many european teams have co-ordinated chanting.

We will have a list of chants to go through.

Examples are. All corners and free kicks are "come on Oldham"

As soon as ref blows final whistle " we love you Oldham"

At intervals during game other chants.

However I will be encouraging fans not to abuse ref know matter how poor because swearing at a robot is useless. And no booing own players it just doesnt work.

I pay £20 and want to enjoy it.

please reply if you are interested.

brierleys555@hotmail.com

If I only get a handfull for next home match its a start.

KTF

Bring back the Scoreboard that told us when to chant Come on Oldham.

Regarding chanting at Latics I've never understood why when a corner is won due to pressure building up we start to make noise (ie come on Oldham) as the ball boy throws the ball to the corner taker then, go silent for the actual corner!! surely a crescendo of noise as the taker approaches the ball until it's cleared would unsettle the defender and keeper more. Or is the fact we never beat the first man and the knowing we never score from corners a facter?

Edited by Lags

I'm not a fan of organised chanting as it should be spontaneous but at the same time I am hugely in favour of anything that helps create any kind of atmosphere at BP so good luck to you.

It's good to see someone trying to do something to improve the atmosphere rather than just having a moan about it.

I'm not a fan of organised chanting as it should be spontaneous but at the same time I am hugely in favour of anything that helps create any kind of atmosphere at BP so good luck to you.

It's good to see someone trying to do something to improve the atmosphere rather than just having a moan about it.

I agree that most chanting should be spontaneous but to many times expecially at home there can be huge chunks of the match were there is no chanting.

PAWEL ABBOT SONG-NOAHS ARK

COME ON OLDHAM

WE LOVE YOU OLDHAM WE DO

ZIGGER ZAGGER ZIGGER ZAGGER

OH WHEN THE BLUES GO MARCHIN IN

FLYING HIGH UP IN THE SKY WE’LL KEEP THE BLUE FLAG FLYING HIGH

NEVER FELT MORE LIKE SINGING THE BLUES WHEN

TA DA DA DA OLDHAM

ALSO BEEN LOOKING AT OTHER POSTS AND HAVE FOUND THIS WHICH WAS ON TOPIC AROUND AUGUST

IT IS THE ULTRAS ONE TO THE TUNE OF THATS THE WAY AHA AHA I LIKE IT.

WE LOVE YOU , WE LOVE YOU , WE LOVE YOU

AND WHEN YOU PLAY, WE FOLLOW, WE FOLLOW , WE FOLLOW

CAUSE WE SUPPORT THE OLDHAM, THE OLDHAM, THE OLDHAM

AND THATS THE WAY WE LIKE IT, WE LIKE IT, WE LIKE IT

WHOOOA WHOOOA WHOOOA WHOOOA

WHOOOA THATS THE WAY AHA AHA WE LIKE IT AHA AHA

WHOOOA THATS THE WAY AHA AHA WE LIKE IT AHA AHA

WHOOO WHOO WHOOA WHOOA WHOOA OLDHAM

WHOOO WHOO WHOOA WHOOA WHOOA OLDHAM.

Go for it, need more people to be willing to get an atmosphere going. Dare i suggest if your going to be leading this, you should get a megaphone? though that might not be worth the trouble considering the controversy that surrounds the drum (or what controversy there was at the time).

im all for a better atmosphere but can someone answer me this - why do the latics fans in the rocky road end only make noise right after we concede?

???????.You need your ears checking....can't you hear us from behind the pegs????.Could you not hear us on Sat on par with the saints fans??.It was a battle of the voices too.

" we love you Oldham"......"ziga zaga...."......."Andy Ritchie's magic"...."stand up of you love Oldham..."...."Dave Penney's blue & white army..."

If you fancy a sing song then I suggest you boost the numbers and get your backside in the RRE instead.

Thought the roof was gonna lift when we scored - I certainly launched my nephew several feet in the air.

???????.You need your ears checking....can't you hear us from behind the pegs????.Could you not hear us on Sat on par with the saints fans??.It was a battle of the voices too.

" we love you Oldham"......"ziga zaga...."......."Andy Ritchie's magic"...."stand up of you love Oldham..."...."Dave Penney's blue & white army..."

If you fancy a sing song then I suggest you boost the numbers and get your backside in the RRE instead.

Thought the roof was gonna lift when we scored - I certainly launched my nephew several feet in the air.

After they scored there second until half way through second half all I heard was moaning and again the sarcastic cheers when brill caught the ball.

The songs mentioned above need to be sung 4-5 times during a game not once and its done.

Go for it, need more people to be willing to get an atmosphere going. Dare i suggest if your going to be leading this, you should get a megaphone? though that might not be worth the trouble considering the controversy that surrounds the drum (or what controversy there was at the time).

I have emailed Latics with regards to taking a megaphone in. no reply as yet.

im all for a better atmosphere but can someone answer me this -why do the latics fans in the rocky road end only make noise right after we concede?[

i've been followin latics now for 17 yrs n i remember when i 1st started goin this use to happen every time we conceded think its to give the players a lift n to spare them on to go get 1 back them selfs,im all for organised singin think it sounds a whole lot better if every 1 is on the same page but thats my opinion.

Edited by madaboutoafc

they doing this but putting oldham fans in a stand where you cant hear them :blink:

good game ruined

I'd say it depends where they do the recording, if its in front of the section singing then no problem or if the whole of the chaddy end joins in then behind the nets no problem, we'll have to wait and see.

tbh mate, when i was in RRE last season and singing, i thought we was really loud.

But once you move to a different stand (in main stand this season) we really are exceptionally quiet. Saints outsung us when both sets of fans were singing.

FACT.

tbh mate, when i was in RRE last season and singing, i thought we was really loud.

But once you move to a different stand (in main stand this season) we really are exceptionally quiet. Saints outsung us when both sets of fans were singing.

FACT.

It's true, i've noticed this when i've been in the main stand. And yet we can do it when everyone is up for it, look at everton away...quality!

Those 150 kids are an utter embarrassment to be quite frank. The number of high-voiced, cocky, chavvy twats up there is shocking. Now I'm all for singing and I even sit in that area you're on about, but those kids have killed every song. Not only that but they're mouthy bastards too. Those Southampton fans charged and they :censored: bricks - which was predictable.

The money we're shelling out for extra stewards (which has definitely increased since TTA open up the RRE to home fans) and coppers is another drain on finances.

I don't wanna sound like a miserable git but they really do irritate me. They're our future... :disappointed:

Those 150 kids are an utter embarrassment to be quite frank. The number of high-voiced, cocky, chavvy twats up there is shocking. Now I'm all for singing and I even sit in that area you're on about, but those kids have killed every song. Not only that but they're mouthy bastards too. Those Southampton fans charged and they :censored: bricks - which was predictable.

The money we're shelling out for extra stewards (which has definitely increased since TTA open up the RRE to home fans) and coppers is another drain on finances.

I don't wanna sound like a miserable git but they really do irritate me. They're our future... :disappointed:

A smalltime club, in a little stadium, with toy hooligans that other clubs' fans laugh at?