DP consider loan moves

according to his interview, he'll look at the bodies we have in midweek, doesn't really want to but let's be honest we are very light on genuine first teamers at the moment.

DP reckons that Worthy will be out until new year at the earliest. I've known us have injury crises in the past but this is the worst I can remember in 24 seasons...

according to his interview, he'll look at the bodies we have in midweek, doesn't really want to but let's be honest we are very light on genuine first teamers at the moment.

DP reckons that Worthy will be out until new year at the earliest. I've known us have injury crises in the past but this is the worst I can remember in 24 seasons...

Keeper, CH & Forward please, but cant see it

I've known us have injury crises in the past but this is the worst I can remember in 24 seasons...

Around February-March time in 07/08? We were decimated for a while but the game that sticks out was going to Luton with a kid in goal and a makeshift side elsewhere...and Shez couldn't even field a full bench. There were something like twenty-odd players injured amongst the first team, reserves and youth team...

Around February-March time in 07/08? We were decimated for a while but the game that sticks out was going to Luton with a kid in goal and a makeshift side elsewhere...and Shez couldn't even field a full bench. There were something like twenty-odd players injured amongst the first team, reserves and youth team...

if only we had 20 odd players to start with... :wink:

We certainly do need to bring a couple in, we are extremely light in several areas.

With no sign of any of our longer term absentees returning, we really are down to the bare bones, the bench on Saturday was full of youth team players.

This is what worries me, the injuries we have are not just 'knocks' a few of the absentees will be lucky to play again or at all this season (Purdie, Lewi, Worthy and possibly Jacobson fall into that bracket) so surely the purse strings have to be loosened - last season we brought in players we didn't need just for the sake of it - but we need two or three just to get us to Christmas when we can re-assess in the Transfer Window where we are. Pav need an operation and that in effecr leaves us with little experience and goalscoring in the team.

Given the problems we've had, we've done exceptionally well not be adrift at the bottom but with a tough run right up until Christmas we need bodies in - and quality at that. Will we get them? Not sure, tbh Corney usually comes up trumps when we need a player or two but the reluctance seems to be on the part of DP i know where he's coming from but surely he can see a disaster waiting to happen over the next few weeks?

I'd definitely settle for a few of the ilk of Livermore, Constantine and Jarrett who did a sterling job in seeing us through the last crisis...

Another season... same script...

Not even November and we are looking at bringing in other peoples half fit / cast off players...

Sending players out on loan has again bit us on the arse, leaving us short of cover but you can't legislate for picking up the amount of long-term injuries we have - knocks ok, you get on with it but we'll have to bring in some bodies simple as. To be fair the loanees DP has brought in have done well for us so far (jury's still out on blackman) so I don't think he'll bring in just anybody (I hope not anyway) Stephens going out on loan was a mistake - he'd be the ideal foil for Furman with his willingness to run and as poor as O'Grady has been he's done well for 'Dale and would give us the option of allowing Pav to go under the knife.

But even then we'd need another one or two - a winger has to be a priority...

I thought robo physio was brought in to stop this

Given the amount of groin injuries we've had the question has to be asked, were the players pushed too hard too soon in pre-season? Don't get me wrong, i like the way DP approached pre-season but in hindsight it seems we may have gone a tad OTT????

Can't do the first ! Loan recall not until January.

dont think penny rates flemming....or any of the others out on loan to be honest,not his players.

think we should deffo look at bringing in a decent keeper on loan for rest of season....carlo nash and paul rahukba are not getting games and would relish first team football i think....let brill regain his confidence without any pressure...

also striker..pav's injured and shouldnt be playing,i would imagine theres plenty of decent strikers playing reserve team football..kandol at leeds for one

although he doesnt like having lots of loan players,needs must....if we carry on like we are some team is going to give us a proper good hiding.

A few points- I'm not so sure what Robo physio could have done about the injuries to Purdie, Jacobsen (both out with a rare condition), Smalley and Worthy (who was injured in a game in a strange manner). Maybe there was an element of working the players too hard in pre-season training but I don't think that was necessarily down to RoboPhysio and I don't think it contributed to the injuries we have as none of them appear to be stress related. Having said that maybe some are related to a change in warm up and perhaps this is an area we could look at.

This is quite a bad injury problem we have at the moment and I'm thankful that whilst maybe not as good a squad as previous years it is bigger- Shez's squads of the last few years would already mean some youngsters playing with this sort of injury problem.

Just because RoyleArmy appears to be Steve Marlet's Oldham agent doesn't mean we can afford for him to come, and I think there is some rule about trialists playing in competitive first team games.

I'm a big beleiver in the loan system and I think DP has played it very well so far- Blackman has been good and :censored: is possibly my player of the seaosn so far. Maybe we need to have a good scout around the Premiership teams and see which youngsters might want to move on loan to us for a short period of time- let's face it if our injury crisis gets any worse they will definately play. If it wasn't for the fact Man U appear to have a bit of a injury situation of their own up front I'd have suggested Macheda but I doubt Fergie would let him leave (even for someone else given his history) at the mo.

The other thing to look at is some of the MLS players- as their proper season is over or very nearly so (Yes I know Beckham's LA galaxy are in the play-offs but not all teams are going to be playing in that). These players will be fit and a move to England- even a club like ours and only temporarily will give them some more publicity and it may earn them a move to a more lucrative league elsewhere in Europe. Other Leagues- such as the Saffer/Austrailian and I think Irish leagues are in a similar situation- the only downside is I'm unsure of the standard of the league and the quality of the players- MLS isn't that great.

Oh and I think Pav will be out for around 4 weeks after his hernia op so we need to calculate and plan for that.

Sending players out on loan has again bit us on the arse, leaving us short of cover but you can't legislate for picking up the amount of long-term injuries we have - knocks ok, you get on with it but we'll have to bring in some bodies simple as. To be fair the loanees DP has brought in have done well for us so far (jury's still out on blackman) so I don't think he'll bring in just anybody (I hope not anyway) Stephens going out on loan was a mistake - he'd be the ideal foil for Furman with his willingness to run and as poor as O'Grady has been he's done well for 'Dale and would give us the option of allowing Pav to go under the knife.

But even then we'd need another one or two - a winger has to be a priority...

a winger has to be a priority...

Afraid the money's been spent on a winger called Colbeck!!

a winger has to be a priority...

Afraid the money's been spent on a winger called Colbeck!!

Latest Blog...

Bit pissed off with Sky stating that i'm demanding the owners spend the cash as if you read it I do not intimate that at all and I am complimentary at their ability to find the money for the 'right' player...and the muppets didn't get the 'boddies' word-play , reverting back to the correct spelling! Clueless idiots!

Edited by oafcprozac

Latest Blog...

Bit pissed off with Sky stating that i'm demanding the owners spend the cash as if you read it I do not intimate that at all and I am complimentary at their ability to find the money for the 'right' player...and the muppets didn't get the 'boddies' word-play , reverting back to the correct spelling! Clueless idiots!

Good read again Prozac.

The headline is very misleading and not indicative of the piece atall, a well balanced and fair article.