Tony Bugby

Tony Bugby will be redundant this friday and he will no longer write about oldham it sad to hear this news all the best thanks for your comments throught out the season you worked for oldham chronicle.

If nobody belives me wait till friday or next week because he will no longer write up about oldham.

Edited by RoyleArmy

Tony Bugby will be redundant this friday and he will no longer write about oldham it sad to hear this news all the best thanks for your comments throught out the season you worked for oldham chronicle.

If nobody belives me wait till friday or next week because he will no longer write up about oldham.

I hear there getting Rudyard Kipling in to replace him

correct me if i'am wrong but if you get made redundant it's cause the company you work for are in financial troubles or the job no longer exsists,thus the oldham chron will no longer have a match report cause the position of reporter is not there anymore

correct me if i'am wrong but if you get made redundant it's cause the company you work for are in financial troubles or the job no longer exsists,thus the oldham chron will no longer have a match report cause the position of reporter is not there anymore

It'll just get added on to another member of the sports reporting staff's remit.

Never understood the :censored: Bugby got by a few on here. He sees more of Latics than most on here, yet, laughably, a few claim he knows :censored: all about the team. Found his reports to be good, after the first couple that is, which were poor, but to be expected when you're returning to writing about Latics after many years away.

Definitely preferred Yarwood's reports though.

Edited by Stevie_J

Never understood the :censored: Bugby got by a few on here. He sees more of Latics than most on here, yet, laughably, a few claim he knows :censored: all about the team. Found his reports to be good, after the first couple that is, which were poor, but to be expected when you're returning to writing about Latics after many years away.

Definitely preferred Yarwood's reports though.

Sorry to hear about Tony's redundancy.

Perhaps the great Jim Williams might make a return, he was a brilliant Latics reporter.

Has anyone any snippets from his match reports to show as examples of his genius ?

Perhaps the great Jim Williams might make a return, he was a brilliant Latics reporter.

Has anyone any snippets from his match reports to show as examples of his genius ?

Back in the day me and the lads would often see Tony in a hostelry on the way to away matches. Like ourselves he was a notable pisshead and jolly good company. I've no actual quotes to hand but I do remember classics such as Latics attacking like "a band of raiding Appaches" and someone scoring after "lurking like a deep sea diver". To be fair I can't remember if it was Tony's report or not but the Chron once reported we were very unlucky to lose an away game at Northampton. We lost 8-0 ! Classic stuff.

Back in the day me and the lads would often see Tony in a hostelry on the way to away matches. Like ourselves he was a notable pisshead and jolly good company. I've no actual quotes to hand but I do remember classics such as Latics attacking like "a band of raiding Appaches" and someone scoring after "lurking like a deep sea diver". To be fair I can't remember if it was Tony's report or not but the Chron once reported we were very unlucky to lose an away game at Northampton. We lost 8-0 ! Classic stuff.

Dont you mean Jim?

If my memory serves me well, the description of Halifax’s ground by Jim Williams in one report I read was “gouged out of resentful rock”. It has stuck with me for years.

The guy who reports on the rugby ( his name escapes me ) is taking over from Bugby but like many I would prefer Yarwood back.

Say it's not Matt Chambers.

He is acomplete knob end.

I go on the Rugby messageboard as well, and the reporting by him is frakly pathetic.

If we think we have got problems on the way LAtics is reported now, then this is jsut the beginning, :censored: stirrer.

He just looks for quick headline, Sun reporter wannabe.

The way he reported on his "barring" from a meeting by Bill Quinn with no one at the entrance to stop him was a farce.

He'll love talking to anyone anti the TTA.

He will be in tocuh with a few anti Failsworthonianites on here. Gawd help us.

Edited by singe

I haven't checked this out yet, so I sincerely hope for Roylearmy's sake that his information is accurate.

However, it wouldn't surprise me. The Chronicle are in deep straits financially and are having to cut costs wherever they can simply to stay afloat and remain independent. I've never been a great fan of Bugby's journalism, whether that be his writing style or his apparent unwilliingness to actually talk to anybody, but if he is leaving then I'm afraid it will only be a bad thing for the future quality of sports coverage.

Longer term it depends what the people of Oldham want from their local paper - an independent Chronicle that maybe only comes out 3 times a week, or for it to be swallowed up by Guardian Media and become just a localised MEN.

the chron is crap and has been for years.

if people have stopped buying it it's because there is a reason.

1/crap journalism

2/the price

3/reading a 10 page newspaper full of nothing.

time it took the hint...move with the times,improve its journalists and look at the price it charges.

if it can't, its time to call it a day.

i stopped buying it early this year.i don't miss it.