Oldham Town to Oldham boro

Just caught up with the story about Oldham Town chaging to Oldham Boro because of the action of their [former] chairman.

And how Latics have donated kit, so now they play in blue.

They work on average crowds of 100, nad seem to the struggling again as I suspect the money has dried up.

Probably becasue I am afar, it seems like a good idea to support them for one day, as they could easily have a seasons money from one game giving them a chance to be competeitive.

The record attendance is 1,800 v FCUM but that was at BP.

The record att at whitebank is just under 500 v Halifax.

The ground holds 1000.

Surely 500- 1,000 Tics could be peruaded to turn up for one game whilst Latics are away and giive support to non league

If they got competitive in a couple of seasons there could be some chance of spotting talent?

Could turn into an an annual Tics Non League Day alternating v Chadderton?

Adn again enhance the reputation of Tics.

Edited by singe

Me, Mark Corbett and Macca went to see them play Droylden in the FA Vase last season (after taking in the fans team vs Stockport) as we were at a loose end having played the fateful game at Edgely the night before. There were about 6 people there, most of whom appeared to be girlfriends. It was a pretty entertaining game and nice to be able to sit watching with a pint from the quite nice club house.

Me, Mark Corbett and Macca went to see them play Droylden in the FA Vase last season (after taking in the fans team vs Stockport) as we were at a loose end having played the fateful game at Edgely the night before. There were about 6 people there, most of whom appeared to be girlfriends. It was a pretty entertaining game and nice to be able to sit watching with a pint from the quite nice club house.

Been many a time, lived and went to school round there in the mid-80s so know the area well - the club house is spot on, not been for a good few years though so may take in the AFC Liverpool game depending on this weekend's cup draw.

I watched them last year when they played Irlam at home and latics were away. I enjoyed the match i think they won 2-1. Possibly 3 - 1. I love a bit of non league football as it is so the fact that there were only about 20 people there (not an exageration) didn't bother me. Think setting up an annual non league latics day would be a great idea, we should support our local non league sides