Artificial pitch at new stadium

Noting how well the artificial pitch played quite well in Moscow the other night - and even won the approval of Sir Alex, I wonder if such a surface would be suitable for the proposed new stadium in Failsworth, and would the current F.A.rules allow it in England, if it doesn't worry FIFA why should it worry the F.A. ?

The pitch in Moscow seems vastly improved on the one previously at BP and the spins offs financially would be considerable to a club like the Latics.

Incidentally, could Rugby League be played on these surfaces, if so ground sharing with the Roughyeds would not be such a major issue as the pitch maintainance would be neglible.

Noting how well the artificial pitch played quite well in Moscow the other night - and even won the approval of Sir Alex, I wonder if such a surface would be suitable for the proposed new stadium in Failsworth, and would the current F.A.rules allow it in England, if it doesn't worry FIFA why should it worry the F.A. ?

The pitch in Moscow seems vastly improved on the one previously at BP and the spins offs financially would be considerable to a club like the Latics.

Incidentally, could Rugby League be played on these surfaces, if so ground sharing with the Roughyeds would not be such a major issue as the pitch maintainance would be neglible.

there only good if maintained well enough, its prob abit diff stuff but the one at failsworth isnt as good now because they have black rubber bits on them but half of them are in my house now :grin: as they get every where, and need topping up alot.... but that moscow one did look top of the range product

as to the rugby are they sharing?? and i dont think it wouldnt be a goer as you cant slide on it as far as you can on grass so that would stop alot of long sliding trys... would be fun tho :grin:

Not as costly or hard to maintain, could be a good idea!? :mmm:

At the moment you'd lose the FA Cup games at your ground (see Durham City).

But, you could hawk out the stadium to reserve teams, big FSCUM matches and gain that way a little.

Not sure what the League's stance is nowadays on this.

But, you could hawk out the stadium to reserve teams, big FSCUM matches and gain that way a little.

Are you saying that TTA are planning to share the stadium with FCSCUM? :shock:

The fans team have played at the Man City academy pitch, which is apparently about as good as it gets in terms of plastic, and it does play very very well, we would see beter matches in the months of, say, September to April playing on something like that than one the grass/mus combo we are used to.

Tbh, I don't think our players are clever enough to use an artificial pitch. You've gotta pass the ball. Our lads - along with the majority in this league - can't see a pass, and so lump it... skids off, goal-kick.

It's true.

But playing/pratising on it week in week outupped our skill levle sot hat we wer just as good away last time,

No reason to suppose why not this time

I've played on one of the ones with the black bits on and really enjoyed it apart from like the previous poster I ended up taking most of the black bits home with me. I slipped and "this is going to really hurt" went through my mind but it didn't, no graze, nothing, you can throw yourself around like a lunatic on it and not worry about it. They can be a bit grippy and traditional astroturf boots sometimes almost lock into place but you can also get something similar on grass.

I dunno, he didn't seem too fussed about it at half time either.

TBH I can't ever remember him taking a defeat with good grace and humility.

They actually drew with Sunderland and he still got himself charged by thr FA, due to his incredibly sour grapes comments regarding the referee's fitness which he has since apologised for. Talk about clutching at straws he really is a complete tw*t.

an artificial pitch would be a good advantage at home but you play half of your games away from home on grass pitches so they would have to train on both and switch from how to play on each surface.

Didn't we get more points away than home during the promotion or one of the top flight seasons? Or did I just make that up?

TBH I can't ever remember him taking a defeat with good grace and humility.

They actually drew with Sunderland and he still got himself charged by thr FA, due to his incredibly sour grapes comments regarding the referee's fitness which he has since apologised for. Talk about clutching at straws he really is a complete tw*t.

But the Sunderland rant was to cover up dropping half the first team.

Hatred where it's due, but there's little point picking up on everything he does.

Isn't there some form of ruling from the powers that be that state clubs in the top X divisions of the football league must have grass pitches........haven't checked s'cuse me if I am proved to be wrong.

Playing rugby on one a plastic pitch, fook me I felt it and I haven't played for years!!! not for me that!