Who would you follow....

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully not something I'll have to think about, but I remember discussing this with a Latics mate in the dark days of administration. My conclusion was that I don't think I could go and follow any one particular team, at least not straight away. Instead, we agreed we'd follow the non-league fixture list and pick out the best games - get to a few new grounds, see a few new teams and enjoy the grassroots.

If there really was no Latics, I think over time I'd form an attachment to one of the local non-league sides, but I really couldn't say which one. Although I should think the more likely scenario is that a new Oldham club would rise from the ashes and get the support of many of the Latics core.

Edited by garcon

Guest sheridans_world
In the event that Oldham were to cease existing which team would you follow for your football fix?

Southend? :grin:

I'd probably follow the premiership more. I would almost (but not quite) say that Arsenal are my second team...

I retract that in your cicumstances then, after seeing you on the beardy bus up to carlisle i presume you have no kids, enjoy while you can :wink:

on the contrary!

2 kids etc etc.

me and the missus first went over 15 years ago to our first match there.she still comes now and again,but its usually just a jolly with the lads now.

its very easy to fly out sat morning for a sat night game, and home next morning,flight £50,match ticket £30, shared accommodation £25.cheaper than a

weekender with latics sometimes.

oh..i've been sober since 30 may 09...last time was barca last game of last season at deportivo la coruna for 5 days (2 days after making 95% of britian happy by stuffing the red scum in rome!) bar i was in was turn left, 5 min walk from the hotel.

i turned right.

i got back to the hotel 5 hours later! :blush:

lesson learnt!