Not good enough

Wouldnt put money on it lad im yet to see a worse team attacking wise

Abbott has been a threat all season for us i think his injury has caught up with him and it is time to have it done. Our injury list is going Smalley came back he is an attacking player Taylor did not play so you can not judge us.

Upto now I've always found this a good place to have an actual discussion, not have semi-literate's trading insults. I don't think we'll go up this season, I think we have an outside chance of the Play Off's and I think Clark will get us promoted from this division, but I think this season may have come too soon for us.

We didn't look anything special, which I'd put down to the weather. I'm pleased that we played functionally (getting it away from danger even if it takes a long ball) and then trying to string a few passes together once we're in the final third, as trying to play open, attacking football in conditions such as today would have been naive to say the least. I think it's fair enough to say that we can't comment on how good each others side is, as we've only seen us play in horrific conditions, I think you were poor attack wise today, and I think we deserved our win.

And this guy above doesn't represent me.

Upto now I've always found this a good place to have an actual discussion, not have semi-literate's trading insults.

Cheers, we're not a bad bunch.

And this guy above doesn't represent me.

Noted.

All the best for the season SSH.

Im not normally one to complain but for 57 minutes, we matched huddersfield. then we gave up. we gave them a goal and then decided to let them have the win. one shot on target and nobody imparticular had a good game. this needs sorting out becuase the extra fans that made the journey to come today wont bother anymore and we will end up in this league for years. a clear out and a couple new faces in january please

Not one to complain either, but at the moment it seems we have a 'keeper that is prone to more than the odd clanger, no alternative at centre-back, an ineffective midfield and only one striker who knows where the goal is. Still, suppose we can only do the best we can with what we've got.

As for Huddersfield - Alan Hansen once said the sign of a good team is one that goes away from home, plays badly, and still gets a result.

Not one to complain either, but at the moment it seems we have a 'keeper that is prone to more than the odd clanger, no alternative at centre-back, an ineffective midfield and only one striker who knows where the goal is. Still, suppose we can only do the best we can with what we've got.

As for Huddersfield - Alan Hansen once said the sign of a good team is one that goes away from home, plays badly, and still gets a result.

Spot on joe, the midfield isn't upto it and apart from abbott you can't see where a goal is coming from.

I didn't think huddersfield were anything special but the conditions were terrible, so hard to judge. The saddest thing is when they scored you knew that was game over as we carry very little attacking threat.

Wouldnt put money on it lad im yet to see a worse team attacking wise

Listen, son, I was bringing some modesty to the table, rather than trying to trade petty insults. As for putting money on it, I'll happily bet you £50 that we don't get relegated.

When 4000 fans appeal at once it's more often because they're desperate than because they're right.

For what it's worth, we'll finish midtable, no better no worse. And I think Hudders might sneak up through the playoffs. They definitely won't go up automatically.

When 4000 fans appeal at once it's more often because they're desperate than because they're right.

For what it's worth, we'll finish midtable, no better no worse. And I think Hudders might sneak up through the playoffs. They definitely won't go up automatically.

I think they'll make the playoffs (just) but I think Southampton will make it as well and if they do, they'll have the momentum. I think Colchester will miss out in the long run, but there are 4-5 teams better than Huddersfield in this division.

I've seen Huddersfield play three times this season.

Yup, they've won two and drawn one of those games, but none of the performances suggested that they were promotion material. I'll make a suggestion that they'll finish higher than Latics and outside the play-offs.

I've seen Latics several times and seen nothing to suggest that they are going to challenge for the play-offs. But equally, I've seen nothing to suggest a relegation batte either. A disappointing but honest assessment.

I've seen Stockport three times as well. They don't have an obvious goal threat and can be shaky at the back. I think they have a relegation fight on their hands and will probably just stay up. But it will be mighty close.

I don't really feel qualified to judge the teams I've only seen play once.

The current league table also sits pretty close to the assessment above. Yes, there's a long way to go and a transfer window to open and close. Things can change. But Huddersfield Town, despite the money spent and the half decent crowds, are going to have to improve their game if they are to get out of this division this season. And those of their fans that are honest with themselves already know this.

I think they'll make the playoffs (just) but I think Southampton will make it as well and if they do, they'll have the momentum. I think Colchester will miss out in the long run, but there are 4-5 teams better than Huddersfield in this division.

Not been funny, but it would be pretty silly to base that assumption on today's performance - because if we were, surely after today's performance you'd look like relegation material? No disrespect intended.

What I mean is that the conditions were atrocious and neither team had the chance to show what they were actually about. I don't think you deserved anything from the game because you were awful, and I'm not saying that you are like that in general, but you just looked a bit clueless going forward today. Granted we were hardly setting the world alight, but we didn't have to. We were competent at the back, and looked like we had more going forward, even though our wingers were pretty much neutralised (who have been one of the main sources of danger for us) - we still created enough opportunities and on another day we could have gone home 3 nil winners (Rhodes crossbar first half, BLATANT handball, Rhodes free header second half). We came to take 3 points and got the job done. That is the sort of result we have been lacking all season. We can blow teams away at home but we struggle to take the nitty gritty's where the result is up for grabs, but needs grinding out.

We've beat Southampton & MK Dons and more than matched Charlton, however lost to Colchester and Brizzle. Guaranteed if we'd played them all at home that would have been 15 points - the teams that come to play get beaten.

Our away form has been atrocious, we've had some unfortunate and undeserved results away, but if we'd picked up one more win and a couple of draws when we should have we'd be level with top 2 no probs. A bit more consistency and more results on the road and we should be there or thereabouts come the end of the season, touchwood.

Not been funny, but it would be pretty silly to base that assumption on today's performance - because if we were, surely after today's performance you'd look like relegation material? No disrespect intended.

What I mean is that the conditions were atrocious and neither team had the chance to show what they were actually about. I don't think you deserved anything from the game because you were awful, and I'm not saying that you are like that in general, but you just looked a bit clueless going forward today. Granted we were hardly setting the world alight, but we didn't have to. We were competent at the back, and looked like we had more going forward, even though our wingers were pretty much neutralised (who have been one of the main sources of danger for us) - we still created enough opportunities and on another day we could have gone home 3 nil winners (Rhodes crossbar first half, BLATANT handball, Rhodes free header second half). We came to take 3 points and got the job done. That is the sort of result we have been lacking all season. We can blow teams away at home but we struggle to take the nitty gritty's where the result is up for grabs, but needs grinding out.

We've beat Southampton & MK Dons and more than matched Charlton, however lost to Colchester and Brizzle. Guaranteed if we'd played them all at home that would have been 15 points - the teams that come to play get beaten.

Our away form has been atrocious, we've had some unfortunate and undeserved results away, but if we'd picked up one more win and a couple of draws when we should have we'd be level with top 2 no probs. A bit more consistency and more results on the road and we should be there or thereabouts come the end of the season, touchwood.

Agreed. I knew straight away when I saw how windy it was today that as footballing contest it was always going to be ':censored:' at best, so I think it's fair to say you couldn't judge either team particularly well today, or even at all on one performance. We're probably just above a mid table side at the moment, but I expected to see more attacking play from you than what you showed. Like you say the wingers were neutralized and for me, you only really created from set pieces. You coped a little better overall with the conditions and created from set pieces, not much else to shout about. Most of our play comes through Chris Taylor but we didn't have him, shameful to say it but we heavily rely on one player to keep us going with a bit of spark. I think you'll make the play offs, but I don't think you'll win them.

Where the :censored: were you sat surely when 4000 people all apeal at the same time they must be right?

hahahahahaha love that logic. If the fans appeal for it then it must be the right decision. by that logic we should have at least 2 penalties for handball every single game, and it's a miracle the opposition ever finish with 11 men on the pitch.

it was a crap game, in horrible conditions, we had a fair chunk of our first choice 11 out injured, you looked more dangerous going forward and it was a good free kick. I don't think you can really make any judgement about either team based on today.

hahahahahaha love that logic. If the fans appeal for it then it must be the right decision. by that logic we should have at least 2 penalties for handball every single game, and it's a miracle the opposition ever finish with 11 men on the pitch.

it was a crap game, in horrible conditions, we had a fair chunk of our first choice 11 out injured, you looked more dangerous going forward and it was a good free kick. I don't think you can really make any judgement about either team based on today.

Agree.

How about you lot? Certainly didnt look good in front of goal to me. You think thats good enough for promotion? :lol:

Not going to argue about the game as it was a poor one both teams were nothing special and it was only decided on a quality free kick, but I have to quote this and say we're joint top scorers in this division with one of our strikers been linked to Premier League teams that suggests to me that we are good enough in front of goal for promotion thats not to say we are good enough because I think we need to shore up our defence to go up (losing playoff semi finalists IMO).

fair play to huddersfield. it was a firly even game possesion wise (before the goal) and you took your chances. i wouldnt judge a promotion team on a game of that conditions becuase the tactics go out of the window and the team that does better with their set pieces wins.

huddersfield looked like they could be dangerous but they hardly troubled a generally inconsistent defence. as for the penalty appeal, ive seen them given. i think it would have been harsh to give but his arm was up there and you see those decisions go against you.