Simon Corney Bust up With supporter after the match!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Corney is 100x the man that bloke M**re ever was....If he had cause to defend himself against a moaning old git, then so be it. I was pissed off with fans' in the chaddy who BOOED the team off at full time. We played fairly decently today and lost to a quality goal, worthy of winning a football match. The sooner some of our stupid, moronic fans' realise we are in League 1 and Not the Prem/Champions League the better!

We were poor, in my opinion (I didn't boo) and the goal took a deflection.

We were poor, in my opinion (I didn't boo) and the goal took a deflection.

It appeared to go in off the bar, and a decent strike from where I was stood. I thought we played better than last week with Taylor, Smalley and Brooke really trying to make an impression on the game. However, I do feel for the last few years we have tried to score 'perfect' goals rather than chance our arm!

The incident happened end of.

Corney was going hell for leather and the bloke :censored: himself from what I saw. quickly backtrackin his comments and :censored:tin himself. Corney ran down the stairs at him shouting "how dare you speak to me infront of my family and friends like this." - think it was all to do with a comment about stadium plans. fair play to simon. Cant have a go at someone sticking up for themselves.

hopefully corney listened to a load of us telling him not to listen to the bloke as he wasnt a true reflection of our support.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

I witnessed the incident with Corney and the guy in the stairway, Corney repeatedly asked the guy to dare repeat what he had just said in front of his family, the guy was quickly back tracking and denying it, he was scared :censored:less in truth, Corney was very annoyed by whatever he had said, in the end a steward broke it up.

I then went into the toilet and the guy came in about 30 seconds later after the bust up with Corney, by this time he had regained some of his bravado and said to someone that Corney had taken exception to something he had said, so I said to him "what did you say" he just looked sheepish and turned away.

I can only assume that the fact that Corney got so upset and enraged by it, and then the guy wasn't prepared to repeat it when asked by Corney and then by me, that whatever he said must have been highly offensive and/or abusive.

Either way it was a very undignified episode.

Ahh, the bi-weekly crisis-at-Latics update.

Coming soon: Blitz gives an old war hero a chinese burn for daring to mention why we brought in 15 full-backs this season, and Alan Hardy orders a hit on an epileptic Latics fan's cat after a tête à tête in the club shop over the quality of fabric in our new tea towel range.

Ahh, the bi-weekly crisis-at-Latics update.

Coming soon: Blitz gives an old war hero a chinese burn for daring to mention why we brought in 15 full-backs this season, and Alan Hardy orders a hit on an epileptic Latics fan's cat after a tête à tête in the club shop over the quality of fabric in our new tea towel range.

lol, if only we sold tea-towels in the shop it could be the saving of the club.

Corney is 100x the man that idiot M**re ever was....If he had cause to defend himself against a moaning old git, then so be it. I was pissed off with fans' in the chaddy who BOOED the team off at full time. We played fairly decently today and lost to a quality goal, worthy of winning a football match. The sooner some of our stupid, moronic fans' realise we are in League 1 and Not the Prem/Champions League the better!

God forbid that we manage to beat another team in the same division.

Two seasons ago we took Leeds to the cleaners on their own patch. Now we run scared of them like it's Barcelona we're playing. Back to square one. Same old story and no end in sight.

I think passion on the pitch demonstrates a degree of professionalism.

Perhaps that was lacking during this off-field exchange.

perhaps but at least there are signs of passion from the people who run the club. shows his heart is still in it. not condoning his actions but certainly not criticising them either especially without knowing what was said but perhaps he is finally sick of criticism that is thrown at the tta after coming in spending millions of there own money to save the club and TRYING to take the club forward and having it thrown back in there faces. they will be the first to admit thy have made mistakes and they havnt been perfect but they certainly dont deserve abuse of any sort let alone personal abuse as this seems it could have been

perhaps but at least there are signs of passion from the people who run the club. shows his heart is still in it. not condoning his actions but certainly not criticising them either especially without knowing what was said but perhaps he is finally sick of criticism that is thrown at the tta after coming in spending millions of there own money to save the club and TRYING to take the club forward and having it thrown back in there faces. they will be the first to admit thy have made mistakes and they havnt been perfect but they certainly dont deserve abuse of any sort let alone personal abuse as this seems it could have been

Couldn't agree more

perhaps but at least there are signs of passion from the people who run the club. shows his heart is still in it.

Or does it show that they are frustrated at the losses incurred by their involvement and don't feel appreciated? Fans should remember that if these guys pull the plug the Club could vanish.

not condoning his actions but certainly not criticising them either especially without knowing what was said

More than fair. Although sometimes the dignified can rise above things.

but perhaps he is finally sick of criticism that is thrown at the tta after coming in spending millions of there own money to save the club

Or investing millions in the hope of making a decent return on that investment.

and TRYING to take the club forward and having it thrown back in there faces.

I agree that they have wanted to take the Club forwards. I am not sure that they have invested in maintenance, invested in playing staff and invested in developing the Club. Not sure I would have done if it had been my money either.

they will be the first to admit thy have made mistakes and they havnt been perfect but they certainly dont deserve abuse of any sort let alone personal abuse as this seems it could have been

I suggested that his response should have been more dignified (than what has been reported). That in no way supports any abusive behavior towards him.

i have no idea what was said,

but in order to supposidly react the way he did, i would hazard a guess at the insult involving his religion/family background

i know if that was said to me i would have a go at him, like has been said, fair play to simon, shows he cares.

Edited by shefflatic

Sounds like a storm in a teacup to me, some bloke in the stand said something derogatory to another and the other bloke told him in no uncertain terms what he thought of it and to back it up. It just happens that the bloke that some smart arse said something to was Simon Corney.

Fair play to him, if the bloke had something to say he should have addressed Simon Corney through the proper channels and then maybe would have got a reasonable answer.

Just because somebody works for/owns a football club doesn't mean that he is now a target who has to take a tirade of abuse without answering back in a manner that the person spouting the abuse could clearly understand

Or does it show that they are frustrated at the losses incurred by their involvement and don't feel appreciated? Fans should remember that if these guys pull the plug the Club could vanish.

More than fair. Although sometimes the dignified can rise above things.

Or investing millions in the hope of making a decent return on that investment.

I agree that they have wanted to take the Club forwards. I am not sure that they have invested in maintenance, invested in playing staff and invested in developing the Club. Not sure I would have done if it had been my money either.

I suggested that his response should have been more dignified (than what has been reported). That in no way supports any abusive behavior towards him.

you seem to have a very negative view on the tta yet you agree that they have tried taking the club forward and you have suggested that you would spend money in a similar way so where does the negativity come from?

not having a pop just asking out of interest. there seems to be a fair few people who feel similar without giving much of an insight as to why