Proposed Stadium: Public Consultation

I wouldnt hold your breath :(

nope.probably be confirmation of planning application going in and possibly some stadium design pictures or mock up to look at.

im not against failsworth,im not against moving...i just want it to be the best proposal possible for club and fans for the future of the club.

nope.probably be confirmation of planning application going in and possibly some stadium design pictures or mock up to look at.

im not against failsworth,im not against moving...i just want it to be the best proposal possible for club and fans for the future of the club.

I'm not against moving (although staying at bp would be my preferred choice)

I am against failsworth...I just feel taking the club out of the town somehow loses our identity. Just my own personal fear and something i can't shake off, no matter how many pro-failsworth comments i read.

The rarely wrong Chron’s FRAG story on 4th November was reported on here but I don’t think anyone has mentioned its follow-up stor the following day, tucked away on page 15 under the headline "Stadium fears will be heard".

The efforts of the FRAG have resulted in a petition objecting to the proposals, with 62 signatures, being handed in to the Council along with another bearing 56 signatures, requesting an urgent meeting with Council leaders.

The Chron says the Council has pledged to consult over the proposed stadium plans, (obviously when the plans have been prepared).

Lib-Dem Councillor Mohib Uddin said he believes the Club will be announcing a number of events to get public feedback to be held in numerous venues, including Failsworth. Stand by for 12 noon today!

However, the same Councillor was accused by Labour of misleading the public by now saying Oldham Athletic FC was the developer and the Council was simply trying to facilitate and assist in a “company relocation”, when at the Council meeting on 16th September, when he was asked if the Council accepted it had an active involvement in the plans and would take responsibility for the lack of public consultation, he had said that the Council always intended to be actively involved and could control the proposals as it owned the land.

So, at the moment, we have no plans but 62 people have signed a petition against the proposed development, and even fewer people are requesting an urgent meeting with Council leaders to discuss plans, which have not yet been submitted to the Council, and in respect of which the Council has a legal duty to consult when the plans are received. Not forgetting that the Club has pledged to consult on its proposals when drawn up, following the ninety day preparatory period.

Watch this space.......

STADIUM CONCERNS WILL BE HEARD

Posted on: Sun 08 Nov 2009

Stadium concerns will be heard.

Concerns surrounding Oldham Athletic's new stadium plans for a 30 acre site at Broadway in Failsworth, which have been raised by local residents, will be discussed in detail. Residents will be given a full opportunity to be consulted and views taken on board as the new proposals are developed.

Latics co-owner and Managing Director Simon Corney today said "We fully recognise the importance of conducting a full public consultation exercise to ensure that any proposals can be reflective of local views and needs. We want all stakeholders, residents, fans and the local community to be given the opportunity to comment and have input into the development proposal."

READ MORE BELOW

News on OS

STADIUM CONCERNS WILL BE HEARD

Posted on: Sun 08 Nov 2009

Stadium concerns will be heard.

Concerns surrounding Oldham Athletic's new stadium plans for a 30 acre site at Broadway in Failsworth, which have been raised by local residents, will be discussed in detail. Residents will be given a full opportunity to be consulted and views taken on board as the new proposals are developed.

Latics co-owner and Managing Director Simon Corney today said "We fully recognise the importance of conducting a full public consultation exercise to ensure that any proposals can be reflective of local views and needs. We want all stakeholders, residents, fans and the local community to be given the opportunity to comment and have input into the development proposal."

That is what he said would happen when the plans were prepared to have something positive to discuss, at the (£2 refunded) Q & A Forum, but as some smug smartarse said more tha once about those jumping the gun ........patience is a virtue.