Did anyone go to the Failsworth meeting tonight?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see the advertisement of this ....

Given that this meeting was set up and fully arranged by FRAG, who are you implying should have done something.

I get the feeling that some fans want to damn the club if they do and damn them if they don't.

Attended by Gazal, Newton, Corney, Hill and Blitz....roll out the big guns!

I went and off what i caught there is nothing new that we did'nt already know. I was sat next to Barry Owen who along with Gazal, Blitz and another guy (who must've been this Newton bloke) never said a word. It was Corney, Hardy, Hill and a spokeswoman who F.R.A.G argued that she was'nt even invited that did all the talking. I thought they did well to cope with the ear bashing they were getting. Only a few Oldham fans there.

Given that this meeting was set up and fully arranged by FRAG, who are you implying should have done something.

I get the feeling that some fans want to damn the club if they do and damn them if they don't.

I get the feeling that fans want to know more of what is going on, but there does appear to be sort sort of vehicle doing the rounds.

I went and off what i caught there is nothing new that we did'nt already know. I was sat next to Barry Owen who along with Gazal, Blitz and another guy (who must've been this Newton bloke) never said a word. It was Corney, Hardy, Hill and a spokeswoman who F.R.A.G argued that she was'nt even invited that did all the talking. I thought they did well to cope with the ear bashing they were getting. Only a few Oldham fans there.

Can you give some more details...cheers..

Can you give some more details...cheers..

am i just being thick or are the only people that this is gonna REALLY affect is the people in the houses actually on broadway... the reason i say this is that the "leader" of FRAG doesn't live anywhere near the damn place!!

just a thought <_<:unsure::angry:

tm

i could only see about 4/5 latics fans. meeting was interesting. Corney spoke well. hardy got stuck several times on FRAG questions.

Nothing we dont know already was said and they dont expect to get to the planning stage for several months yet.

Dynamos and avros football teams seemed to support the ideas brought to light aslong as they were fully involed.

Most residents (from FRAG) were mostly concerned about litter and violence around their houses which they have lived in for 25yr+.

A lad called Warren Bates was there, anyone know him? Got to say what an absolute w****r. Apparently he's at alot of coucil meetings moaning and groaning???

there was one new thing. corney said the ground will hold 'eleven or ten thousand' he also said that he wanted to build one of 'eighteen or sixteen thousand' and that this shoebox is 'too small for us' and was designed with the residents in mind.

im hoping he was just trying to placate them, still not 100% if i back the shoebox, no way ill be backing a trinket.

i could only see about 4/5 latics fans. meeting was interesting. Corney spoke well. hardy got stuck several times on FRAG questions.

Nothing we dont know already was said and they dont expect to get to the planning stage for several months yet.

Dynamos and avros football teams seemed to support the ideas brought to light aslong as they were fully involed.

Most residents (from FRAG) were mostly concerned about litter and violence around their houses which they have lived in for 25yr+.

A lad called Warren Bates was there, anyone know him? Got to say what an absolute w****r. Apparently he's at alot of coucil meetings moaning and groaning???

http://www.oldham-chronicle.co.uk/news-fea...at-hits-the-fan

there was one new thing. corney said the ground will hold 'eleven or ten thousand' he also said that he wanted to build one of 'eighteen or sixteen thousand' and that this shoebox is 'too small for us' and was designed with the residents in mind.

im hoping he was just trying to placate them, still not 100% if i back the shoebox, no way ill be backing a trinket.

thing is,they'll do it regardless of yours, mine or others concerns or displeasure.

steamrollered on.

thing is,they'll do it regardless of yours, mine or others concerns or displeasure.

steamrollered on.

thats the impression im also getting. i reckon the only concession is going to be a much improved memorial park, which is no bad thing. but other than that almost everyone will have at least a tinge of disapointment.

oh yeah i forgot to say that the PR company are pretty :censored:.

at one point she said 'if this doesnt work we might aswell pack it all in' so someone said 'yeah, thats what we want' the PR womans response? she laughed and looked stumped.

the presentation was also pretty similar to the one she gave when working for the fa in consultation with failsworth dynamos.

oh yeah i forgot to say that the PR company are pretty :censored:.

at one point she said 'if this doesnt work we might aswell pack it all in' so someone said 'yeah, thats what we want' the PR womans response? she laughed and looked stumped.

the presentation was also pretty similar to the one she gave when working for the fa in consultation with failsworth dynamos.

I would say that it would be appropriate for a PR person to ignore heckling.