10,000 Capacity

Ok calmed down after my 'holiday' and ready to cross swords again on OWTB..

I was told about the Failsworth plans a couple of weeks before the official announcement was made and as far as I know, it's always been 10,000. I was surprised when 12,000 was mooted tbh!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was told about the Failsworth plans a couple of weeks before the official announcement was made and as far as I know, it's always been 10,000. I was surprised when 12,000 was mooted tbh!

:blink:

You serious ?

I am sorry but if this all turns out to be true I will NEVER believe another word to come out of TTA mouths.

Edited by oafc0000

Short retirement :tongue1:

We still wouldn't fill it.

We can't even flog 5000 tickets for a game against the top of the league who we have a local rivalry with and sing a song about hating them at 3 times a every game.

So unless someone else can stump up the £30 million or so to buy the club and then build a new ground/ redevelop BP, Failsworth or 3 sided crumbleville are our options.

We still wouldn't fill it.

We can't even flog 5000 tickets for a game against the top of the league who we have a local rivalry with and sing a song about hating them at 3 times a every game.

So unless someone else can stump up the £30 million or so to buy the club and then build a new ground/ redevelop BP, Failsworth or 3 sided crumbleville are our options.

I vote 3 sided crumbleville and take our chances.... rather than 10k (or lower?) tinderbox...

At 12k I was willing to listen to the plans and accept a smaller stadium... 10k (or lower?) is just too small to accept...

Edited by oafc0000

Yet you were in full support of the move and even started a facebook page.

Prozac claims to have always known it was 10k

Prozac was told it would be 10k... The announcement then said it was 12k... I would imagined that this removed his original fears... They have now come back to bite him in the arse... It really is not that heard to grasp Mr Fisherman...

Yet you were in full support of the move and even started a facebook page.

Initially I was, then like a lot of other people I sat down and thought about the proposals properly. I'm not against the move, I have never said that - a new ground is imperative for the survival of the club. Yet, so is success on the pitch. My main criticisms of TTA have been that this is the 3rd or 4th attempt at realising what they announced when they took over in late 2003. What happens if this falls by the wayside like Ferney Field, Oldham Arena or Oldham Arena MKII. The Broadway Stand was dropped when they knew damn well the Oldham Arena project was dead in the water, claims have been made that hundreds of thousands of pounds are spent every year on ground maintenance. I just don't see it. My gripe is not with the move, it's the way we've been taken for fools and are now expected to buy into a group of multi-millionaires' exit strategy whilst being grateful for a :censored:ty take it or leave it option. whilst being left with a second rate squad and infrastructure. New ground or not the way the club is being run it is difficult to say whether we'll still be around within five years.

You'll notice that I also started a Facebook page that stated the club shouldn't lose it's identity over the move. On that note I feel there may be yet more to come. Marketing 'Guy' is an expert in his field and won't be working for magic beans. And whilst re-branding doesn't necessarily mean a name change, i'm still highly suspicious.

By the way, being a former QS I have a good idea, of just what constitutes 'maintenance' costs... nigh on half-a million quid buys a lot of feckin' paint and I dare say a few pressure washers to help clean bird :censored: off the chaddy end floors...it certainly would have run to repairing a scoreboard or replacing a hollowcore ply door in the Chaddy End bogs and I dare say there'd be the best part of 95% of yer half a mill left...

Edited by oafcprozac

after reading the report on the chronicle i read something very worrying...

"One Latics fan and Failsworth resident did back the plans and asked if the stadium could be extended if Latics make it to the Premier League — but was told that would be difficult."

why are we moving here if we cannot develop the ground in the future, this has put a major dampener on my views of the move, initially I was against it, then slowly turned towards the idea, now after reading this I think its a pointless move and it will hamper our chances of ever getting higher in the footballing league...

"One Latics fan and Failsworth resident did back the plans and asked if the stadium could be extended if Latics make it to the Premier League — but was told that would be difficult."

why are we moving here if we cannot develop the ground in the future, this has put a major dampener on my views of the move, initially I was against it, then slowly turned towards the idea, now after reading this I think its a pointless move and it will hamper our chances of ever getting higher in the footballing league...

What precisely did they say would be difficult though, getting back to the premier league, expanding the stadium or both.

:ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

:petesake:

So expansion is a dream ?

CJ proven right again ?

The chron missed the 10,000 - 11,000 comment it would seem ? If it was ever made that is ?

Edited by oafc0000

What precisely did they say would be difficult though, getting back to the premier league, expanding the stadium or both.

Your hoping like me they meant getting to the Premier League and the chron are just being :censored:...

I do not even think the Chron are that bad surely ?

Cue collective twisting of knickers... Life really is too short to worry overmuch about every little snippet of news, particularly if the detailed plans don’t actually exist yet. Corney was speaking to the RESIDENTS, maybe he was giving them the feelgood factor that he had wanted to build a great big one but was only going to build a small one to suit them. “Look guys, you won, you are big and hard and clever.” “10 or 11” might turn out to be 12, maybe it will be 11,999 or 12,001, it will still be a lot less than the mega-bowl he mentioned by way of comparison.

Maybe it will be 10k. I’m not going to give myself an ulcer over it until I know.