eyres best goal

Quite sure it was free flowing and a decent game though as Scunthorpe really impressed leaving me to believe they would do the season after, where upon they went to gain promotion.

I thought Scunthorpe were absolute :censored:e the season they went up. All hard work and very little quality. They went up because they were difficult to score against not because they were anything special, we showed them up at their place, it just shows that you win nothing without a bit of luck.

Quite sure it was free flowing and a decent game though as Scunthorpe really impressed leaving me to believe they would do the season after, where upon they went to gain promotion.

Maybe. Memory doesn’t serve as well as it used to. Just remember thinking it was shi , that may just be the end of season blues kicking in though.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...ham-488858.html

article on Eyres. Ignore the second paragraph. Not sure why it repeats itself.

Barrow away in the FA Cup replay, sure he put it in the top corner with the outside of his foot, anyone else there who can remember?

Yes, that was a great goal. Gary Kelly made a stunning save too.

That Scunny game was crap, apart from the Eyresy moment of magic, and his ovation when he was subbed.

Stockport away would be my choice, good goal, but mainly for the 'moment'....last min, in front of two packed away stands.....bam...it's gone in...on the :censored:ing pitch, dancing around like clown with what must have been a hundred or so others.

Great season, great player.

^this. I mentioned this on another forum, probably the best goal I ever saw in the flesh

a Huddersfield fan mentioned this goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD8-6UVouXQ

I know it's completely by the by, but mine are both in the Newcastle v Tottingham by Laurent Robert for 5 (FIVE) English Pounds. Best money I ever spent in terms of brilliance.

^this. I mentioned this on another forum, probably the best goal I ever saw in the flesh

a Huddersfield fan mentioned this goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nD8-6UVouXQ

His winner for us v Bristol Rovers on Easter Monday 2001 (Safe Day) was very similar...oh and best goal I've seen in the flesh? Ian Marshall's last minute thunderbolt winner v Notts County (Won 4-3 March '92)

Anyone remember Neil Danns goal for Blackpool? at BP, one of the best goals I have seen in the flesh, I seem to remember he got a standing ovation from most of the crowd so it must have been pretty bloody good:)!

On a side note, anyone think things like that have died out of the game? Clapping opposition good goals/opposition keeper when he comes to your end?

On a side note, anyone think things like that have died out of the game? Clapping opposition good goals/opposition keeper when he comes to your end?

In keeping with the current weather, funniest interview I read was Hans Segars, who in his Wimbledon days played up at Newcastle sometime in the late 80's. Anyway, as was custom at the time, many fans clapped the oppo goalie as he trotted towards the goal at the start of the half, and the goalie nearly always returned the gesture. In Hans Segars case, when he did he was met by a hail of snowballs from the Gallowgate End.

Also, on ESPN's The Big Match a few months back, when Latics were shown (away at Stoke in the FA Cup, circa 1981 I think), the other game was Sheffield Wednesday V's Arsenal. Undersoil heating made sure the game was on, and Arsenal goalie Pat Jennings receiving clusters of snowballs on the back of his napper, halting the game temporarily. Even Wednesday manager Jack Charlton copped for a load when he approached trying to calm the situation. Genius!

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Anyone remember Neil Danns goal for Blackpool? at BP, one of the best goals I have seen in the flesh, I seem to remember he got a standing ovation from most of the crowd so it must have been pretty bloody good:)!

I think amongst the vast majority, yes. I still applaud good play by the opposition if I think it's warranted and although it's annoying to concede i'll applaud if it's something special.

One of eyrseys best moments for me wasnt even a goal .We get a free kick 20yrd into the oppo half there players suround the ref to protest meanwhile eyresy has the ball and is playing keepey up with it all the while advancing towards there goal ref finishes dealing with there protests turns and orders eyrsey to take the kick not spotting that we have gained 10-15 yards from eyrseys juggling genius ! Cant remember the outcome of the kick just the genius of eyrsey.