Disgrace!

I don`t know the full facts, every detail of the conversations had, but i do know that they were allowed into the ground, just not the lounge!

"Banned from the ground by Penney after travelling a gazillion miles to see Latics" would actually be something that is potentially a sacking issue in my book.

"Asked not to enter the players' lounge given a bit of history with one of the players, but sit wherever you like in the ground" seems perfectly reasonable.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If his 'concerns' are due to his own behaviour on holiday then he should learn to keep it in his pants or deal with it.

they were stalking him FFS, I'd be concerned to if I had a physco after me who had travelled half way round the world to track me down.

they were stalking him FFS, I'd be concerned to if I had a physco after me who had travelled half way round the world to track me down.

at this stage i think they actally cared more about watching latics and meeting the fans - and the publicity that came with it admittedly rather than giving a toss about jon worthington. hes hardly beckham.

from facebook

hey are supporters of Oldham Athletic just like the rest of us!! At the end of the day Oldham are at the bottom of the table.....with not a cat in hells chance of winning any trophies and they've still travelled here to watch them! So what about the publicity, its not bad publicity, its the club that are making that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's hear what the club has to say first, only heard one side of the story so far.

Anyways a football match broke out at 3pm and Oldham won it by two goals to nil, can we discuss that? Who played well? Were the goals any good? Who should still be dropped?

Let's hear what the club has to say first, only heard one side of the story so far.

Anyways a football match broke out at 3pm and Oldham won it by two goals to nil, can we discuss that? Who played well? Were the goals any good? Who should still be dropped?

Answered in your other post Macca.

BTW you're right about discussing the footy!! :wink:

Ok, i can understand them being banned from the lounge .. theres own way in, you need passes etc. However, Penney banning them from the ground makes no sense! What does anyone gain from this, unless theyve been abusive or what not. Plus, unless he`s at every turnstile it`s a hard thing to enforce! Maybe theyve been told they cant enter the lounge, and have maybe interpreted this the wrong way, and they then thought they were banned from the ground!

Maybe theyve been told they cant enter the lounge, and have maybe interpreted this the wrong way, and they then thought they were banned from the ground!

we have a winner :first:

Wonder if they are still allowed to go on the players secret (opps) xmas do tonight in Preston

Lol, even if she was a Fit stalker?

It does make me question why they would support latics though?? They're from California and they support a smallish team all the way in England? It just don't happen. (does it not?) They must have another reason for coming all the way here surely.

Ok I have heard from the horse's mouth. They were made to feel unwelcome. Therefore, choose not to buy a ticket in the stands with the fans. Still very shoddily treated but I might give the club another chance now :blush:

Nose.

Face.

Spite.

Off.

Cutting.

Your.

(I'm sure I'd read that the whole point was that they were intending to sit with the masses).