Lee Hughes

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

does anybody actually believe Lee Hughes will return to us?

stranger things have happened in football i suppose, but for me he will never pull on a latics shirt again

Must be on more money than sense at County. I'd say little chance, but if he is it shows he's after football rather than money.

Still I'd go for 1-2% chance.

No.

He was effective for a while, but I don't remember him having a single decent game for us since last Christmas. As suggested (and mocked :blink: ) above I'd rather keep Heff.

Like Hughes, he's not ours though.

I'd rather someone went one to one with Alice and taught him you only get one chance in life. He obviously (well I think) has more ability than Heffernan who has done very well for himself.

Like Hughes, he's not ours though.

I'd rather someone went one to one with Alice and taught him you only get one chance in life. He obviously (well I think) has more ability than Heffernan who has done very well for himself.

True. I wouldn't mind making him ours though if that option's open in January. (Doubtful to be honest).

Difficult to say how good Alessandra could be, but you're dead right about that chat.

True. I wouldn't mind making him ours though if that option's open in January. (Doubtful to be honest).

Difficult to say how good Alessandra could be, but you're dead right about that chat.

I just dont think Alessandra is stong/quick enough or has enough confidence/desire to play professional football at our level. Would love to be proved wrong but cant see it.

I sometimes wonder about Smalley too but believe he does have the desire to go with his ability. He gets slated a lot on here but I believe its more inconsistency from a young player who gets moved positions a lot.

I just dont think Alessandra is stong/quick enough or has enough confidence/desire to play professional football at our level. Would love to be proved wrong but cant see it.

I sometimes wonder about Smalley too but believe he does have the desire to go with his ability. He gets slated a lot on here but I believe its more inconsistency from a young player who gets moved positions a lot.

You're talking about two reletively young kids though. They're nowhere year their prime, and both show lots of potential.

It's just whether you fulfil that and kick on. Chris Taylor has, by bursting on the scene, going through a period where he looked like he wasn't improving, before kicking on and looking much more of a goal threat. The others have to knuckle down, but I'd not rule them out being a success just yet.

You're talking about two reletively young kids though. They're nowhere year their prime, and both show lots of potential.

It's just whether you fulfil that and kick on. Chris Taylor has, by bursting on the scene, going through a period where he looked like he wasn't improving, before kicking on and looking much more of a goal threat. The others have to knuckle down, but I'd not rule them out being a success just yet.

Taylor, as Sheridan said, has done it by training hard and making the most of what he has. If he plays for us for fifteen years or ends up ends up at Man Utd - so be it he will have tried his hardest. He'll have that moment where he looks back, as I did for the Duke of Wellington FC in Durham - and say, hey I tried my best (within reason).

I think Smalley looks like being able to do the same. I sincerely hope Alice can, because it will be so much more - but off what I've seen it looks sadly lacking.

I agree.

If I was to stick my neck out, I would say Smalley will have a long professional career and Alessandra wont. It would be great if they both did though.

Taylor, as Sheridan said, has done it by training hard and making the most of what he has. If he plays for us for fifteen years or ends up ends up at Man Utd - so be it he will have tried his hardest. He'll have that moment where he looks back, as I did for the Duke of Wellington FC in Durham - and say, hey I tried my best (within reason).

I think Smalley looks like being able to do the same. I sincerely hope Alice can, because it will be so much more - but off what I've seen it looks sadly lacking.

So you led the lifestyle of a dedicated sportsman during your playing days then? :unsure:

So you led the lifestyle of a dedicated sportsman during your playing days then? :unsure:

I said "within reason".

I assume 12 pints a day is that?

Edit: No, back then I used to do training and all that :censored:. I was that good I had two right feet (cue Tommy Cooper joke), it's just a shame I was left footed.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

Got my weekly call from Lee today and he asked me to wish all Oldham fans all the best for the festive season.

Spoke very highly of Oldham fans yet again stating that we have not been bettered at any club he has been at.

He was fairly upbeat,certainly after being re-assured that the players wages at Notts Co. would be in place for the rest of the season. Described the club as in turmoil but as long as Erickson was at the forefront things would be okay.

Barry

:lol: who gives a flying fox what Lee Hughes thinks... :blink: