Any snow where you are?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was walking on the main rochdale/Oldham road at Thornham today and the lack of snowploughs ALL DAY is an utter disgrace but typical of the pillocks in the council.

Apart from that its fantastic out there!!!

I live in Thornham and have seen 3 today. 2 from Oldham and 1 from Rochdale.

Edited by Yard Dog

Bleedin' Nora. Croydon's come to a chuffing standstill because there's a bit of slush. Took three times as long as usual to get home.

It was absolutely hammering down for a couple of hours over central Stabville, with the biggest snowflakes I have ever seen. God knows how I didn't hilariously slip walking to the station, it was like an ice rink. I made a point of drinking a cold beer on my walk back from Balham station, just to show the Southerners how hard I am.

It's madness. I got to East Croydon at 7pm, anticipating getting a train to South Croydon within 10 minutes MAX and being home and warm by 7.15pm, only to find every train delayed (there was an Eastbourne train on the departure board that had been due at 5.35pm and still hadn't arrived), all the buses running about two hours late, and a queue for taxis about half a mile long.

I managed to jump on a 466 (only going to Purley; Caterham can get knotted, evidently) which took about 30 minutes to get to the bleedin' Skylark! And I had a big, fat, smelly woman stood next to me. I gagged. Awful. She had that horrible sweet-sweaty smell about her.

• 11 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...