Anyone else think promotion is a real possibility still?

Win our next few games with ease and we'll be on the bounds of the top 6, then we always win the big games so we'll win some more, then with momentum we'll make the top 6. Then being the form team we should cruise the playoffs. No cups or anything to worry about like the FA CUP & JPT, really good planning on DP's mind there. So with a few wins we'll be the leagues form and danger team. We've a team full of battlers who give 100% and will fight to get us promoted as you can tell by the bookings table. We've the best player outside the Prem, tats to come back, one of the greatest strikers in this league Pav to come back, not mentioning holdsworth, jacobson, o'grady, parker and many more to come back, we'll have a strong in depth squad. 4 goals, 2 unbeaten and a big attendance in the lsat game at BP all point to a great run. the bookies are such mugs, ill be getting a big bet on us to get promoted, winning the league i agree will be a bit far fetched, but promotion looks a distinct possiblity.

Win our next few games with ease and we'll be on the bounds of the top 6, then we always win the big games so we'll win some more, then with momentum we'll make the top 6. Then being the form team we should cruise the playoffs. No cups or anything to worry about like the FA CUP & JPT, really good planning on DP's mind there. So with a few wins we'll be the leagues form and danger team. We've a team full of battlers who give 100% and will fight to get us promoted as you can tell by the bookings table. We've the best player outside the Prem, tats to come back, one of the greatest strikers in this league Pav to come back, not mentioning holdsworth, jacobson, o'grady, parker and many more to come back, we'll have a strong in depth squad. 4 goals, 2 unbeaten and a big attendance in the lsat game at BP all point to a great run. the bookies are such mugs, ill be getting a big bet on us to get promoted, winning the league i agree will be a bit far fetched, but promotion looks a distinct possiblity.

thats the spirit

Bless him.

Always love optimism me...but did you just see that pig flying over Boundary Park??????

Yes, I've got an interview on Wednesday 6th January so I sincerely hope so! Please wish me luck. Cheers and merry Christmas to all!

The best acid trip ive ever read...cheers!

Mate we are already promoted, doesnt matter about results the football league says we have the best players, managers, owners and more than anything the best fans so they are going to put us in the championship next season. Merry Christmas

there's more chance of India winning the Ashes

:hooked:

nice try mate

are you and roylearmy related?

Spoken like a true optimist - Sir I salute you! I would like to think the same about my club, but the years have taken their toll and worn me down to a more pessimistic standpoint!

you know what?........you could have a very valid point there?

happy new year :)

are we any worse off than Blackpool were at this stage the year they went up?

This is a great myth...it started with an impressive late run from mid-table and over the years has turned into the legend of when Blackpool were on 3 points at Xmas and won every game between then and the end of the season to go up. In truth they sat in mid-table but within touching distance of the playoffs for most of the season then kicked it up a notch in the last two or three months to almost win automatic. They hardly came from nowhere, it was just that we were fighting for automatic for most of the season and I guess most fans weren't really looking at who was sitting on the periphery of the playoff picture.

Edited by jsslatic

This is a great myth...it started with an impressive late run from mid-table and over the years has turned into the legend of when Blackpool were on 3 points at Xmas and won every game between then and the end of the season to go up. In truth they sat in mid-table but within touching distance of the playoffs for most of the season then kicked it up a notch in the last two or three months to almost win automatic. They hardly came from nowhere, it was just that we were fighting for automatic for most of the season and I guess most fans weren't really looking at who was sitting on the periphery of the playoff picture.

This too is a great myth, we were crap from January onwards recording just 6 wins, we pretty much scraped into the playoffs with out first half of season form.

This too is a great myth, we were crap from January onwards recording just 6 wins, we pretty much scraped into the playoffs with out first half of season form.

We're talking 2006/7?

1 win in the first 6 league games (and 4 defeats).

Only 1 win in October?

It was an odd season all the way through. Nov/Dec was great. Always looked a little short of promotion material the rest of the time.

Unlikely.

It's really tight between us and top 10, we could realistically be level on points with Walsall who are in 10th if we win both of our games in hand, but even then (if we played both games tomorrow) we'd still be 7 points of Swindon in 6th (who themselves have 2 games in hand)

Of course, 7 points is 2 wins and a draw, it's not unassailable...

We're talking 2006/7?

1 win in the first 6 league games (and 4 defeats).

Only 1 win in October?

It was an odd season all the way through. Nov/Dec was great. Always looked a little short of promotion material the rest of the time.

Yeah but we kicked on from beating Scunny in October, then beat Forest then chalked up a wins throughout November/December whilst playing some of the best football I've seen at BP. I was wrong, it was 8 wins, not 6, but from 21 games, (4 from 16 from mid February onwards) that's not promotion material. Our season seemed to go tits up at home to Millwall, winning 1-0 with 20 minutes to go, then we crumbled and so did our season, 4 losses on the bounce after that.