Was the club premature to call the game off?

Having just been on a very dangerous walk with the dog. Could hardly stand up in Army Boots. The club made the right call. thawing yes, but patches of THICK ICE UNDERNEATH. Sensible decision...imo.

No excuse. The club has let everyone down, especially me.

the pitch was soft enough to play on, the local authorities deemed the area unsafe not the club

But that was three days ago. Temperatures have risen, there was overnight rain, and I can't see why with concerted efforts by LA, club and volunteers, the match couldn't have gone ahead (see Wycombe).

Edited by Fyldelatic

But that was three days ago. Temperatures have risen, there was overnight rain, and I can't see why with concerted efforts by LA, club and volunteers, the match couldn't have gone ahead (see Wycombe).

yeah but the paths all around the whole area are iced over, plus the car parks and the pitch needs clearing.

we cant get enough to watch us not to mention help out in this situation

right decisions been made

The main roads are ice free.

The side roads (and that car park would be one) are still thick sheets of ice. More dangerous today than at any other point in the last week.

While I do think the world's gone soft and the game should be played, in a 2009 health and safety climate the game would still have been called off this morning if the decision hadn't been made before Christmas.

I would think that Latics, financially, would have wanted to play today and get a crowd of 6,000 rather than 4,000 midweek.

I've just spent 2 hours helping to clear the street where I live. The overnight rain basically froze to leave glass like sheets of ice across the whole street. I live in failsworth, which is probably a bit warmer than BP at the moment, so the car park and footways at BP are probably treacherous.

Correct decision by the club; but a financially problematic one. Probably lost 500 off the tranny fans and 500-1000 off the home fans.

The club could have called it off last night or this morning, but the game would have been called off that the main point !!

At least doing it a few days ago, fans were given the chance to change there plans

check out this video if you have Latic Player

So let the moaners show their arses and admit the fact that the club have got something right