ManUre squeeze the season ticket holders...

My mate - a long time ManUre fan - told me that ManUre automatically debits all its season ticket holder's bank accounts with the full ticket value for each and every Champions League or FA Cup home fixture as it arises, this whether the season ticket holder wants to go or not!

He also said that weak excuses like "the dog ate my bank account and therefore I do not want a ticket for the mouthwatering Mansfield (h) FA Cup 3rd round game" are treated with very short shrift by the ManUre management; and that effectively 2 such 'strikes' could mean that you lose your season ticket renewal rights!!

My mate has often had a cup game ticket bought for him by ManUre at £40+ each which he didn't use because of other commitments etc.

Imagine the uproar if the 3 Amigos adopted a similar policy? Mind you I'd certainly like the opportunity to have a good moan about an unwanted Champions League ticket!!!! :lol:

Edited by ronnieblair

My mate - a long time ManUre fan - told me that ManUre automatically debits all its season ticket holder's bank accounts with the full ticket value for each and every Champions League or FA Cup home fixture as it arises, this whether the season ticket holder wants to go or not!

He also said that weak excuses like "the dog ate my bank account and therefore I do not want a ticket for the mouthwatering Mansfield (h) FA Cup 3rd round game" are treated with very short shrift by the ManUre management; and that effectively 2 such 'strikes' could mean that you lose your season ticket renewal rights!!

My mate has often had a cup game ticket bought for him by ManUre at £40+ each which he didn't use because of other commitments etc.

Imagine the uproar if the 3 Amigos adopted a similar policy? Mind you I'd certainly like the opportunity to have a good moan about an unwanted Champions League ticket!!!! :lol:

they've been doing it for a good few years now according to a mate who was a season ticket holder there,not to bad if you know you can sell them to a mate.think it was the league cup games what pissed him off the most mind,said it was a liscence to print money,he didnt renew his ticket this season (£900) said he was getting priced out of it,his dad aswell whose been going every season since the sixties.

A colleague at work is always trying to sell on her (And her husband's) tickets for games that she can't attend. As far as I'm aware, it doesn't just stop at CL tickets.

Apparently utd frown upon people selling on their tickets privately and have the right to confiscate season tickets if they catch people. However, they do offer the facility to sell your ticket through their ticket office for a further fee!

It's a disgraceful, cynical ploy to ensure a minimum revenue per game, and once again it is at the loyal supporters expense.

I have no sympathy for anyone who wants to join the big league rip-off revolution, but I only hope that it comes back to bite the club on the arse when their current run of success comes to an end.

Given the inability to get past the first round of any cup competition, I doubt anyone would notice :wink: !!

:lol:

Tbh... pretty well known United do this, and when you have thousands of people on a waiting list forthis exact privilige, its like it or lump it i'm afraid. I'm sure the OP's mate will moan about this, but still lord over the fact he is a united ST holder at every opportunity.

:lol:

Tbh... pretty well known United do this, and when you have thousands of people on a waiting list forthis exact privilige, its like it or lump it i'm afraid. I'm sure the OP's mate will moan about this, but still lord over the fact he is a united ST holder at every opportunity.

the thing about thousands on a waiting list was all a myth bigfin created by utd themselves to put pressure on st holders to renew.

the thing about thousands on a waiting list was all a myth bigfin created by utd themselves to put pressure on st holders to renew.

Weather their is a waiting list or not they still have unprecedented demand to see them play if 20000 decided they didn't want to watch united they could easily find 20000 other mugs willing to do so.

Let's not let the truth get in the way of knocking our illustrious neighbours, eh. :grin:

The default for United ST holders is that they will be sent (and debited for) cup tickets. But they can quite easily opt out of buying any cup ticket by contacting the club. Yes the fact you have to opt out is cynical, but it isn't as if ST holders are forced to buy cup tickets if they don't want them - that would be illegal. Any United fan who tells you otherwise is lying, probably in the hope you'll buy their League Cup 3rd Round ticket... :wink:

There genuinely was a waiting list for season tickets a few years ago, but the latest expansion of the ground to 76k+ put paid to that - ST's are now available without a wait.

I know this because a very good friend of mine was a ST holder til this season, opted out of the majority of cup matches - particularly midweek because he couldn't make it - and said he would have probably kept his ST even though he rarely gets there now if dropping it had meant going to the back of a waiting list.

Weather their is a waiting list or not they still have unprecedented demand to see them play if 20000 decided they didn't want to watch united they could easily find 20000 other mugs willing to do so.

for a few games a season maybe, but not as st holders where they are taking money out of your bank account for cup games that you might not actually want to attend.

Let's not let the truth get in the way of knocking our illustrious neighbours, eh. :grin:

The default for United ST holders is that they will be sent (and debited for) cup tickets. But they can quite easily opt out of buying any cup ticket by contacting the club. Yes the fact you have to opt out is cynical, but it isn't as if ST holders are forced to buy cup tickets if they don't want them - that would be illegal. Any United fan who tells you otherwise is lying, probably in the hope you'll buy their League Cup 3rd Round ticket... :wink:

There genuinely was a waiting list for season tickets a few years ago, but the latest expansion of the ground to 76k+ put paid to that - ST's are now available without a wait.

I know this because a very good friend of mine was a ST holder til this season, opted out of the majority of cup matches - particularly midweek because he couldn't make it - and said he would have probably kept his ST even though he rarely gets there now if dropping it had meant going to the back of a waiting list.

You sound well informed and I am sure you are absolutely correct. Just to add though that a Man U ST holder friend of mine told me she knowingly paid for cup tickets she was unable to use or sell on, because otherwise she would lose priority when it came to tickets for the FA Cup Final, for example. So you may well be able to opt out of individual cup matches, but this could be the price you ultimately pay.

You sound well informed and I am sure you are absolutely correct. Just to add though that a Man U ST holder friend of mine told me she knowingly paid for cup tickets she was unable to use or sell on, because otherwise she would lose priority when it came to tickets for the FA Cup Final, for example. So you may well be able to opt out of individual cup matches, but this could be the price you ultimately pay.

Ah. Good point on the priority thing - although I guess it's just a different way of rewarding 'loyalty'.

A colleague at work is always trying to sell on her (And her husband's) tickets for games that she can't attend. As far as I'm aware, it doesn't just stop at CL tickets.

Apparently utd frown upon people selling on their tickets privately and have the right to confiscate season tickets if they catch people. However, they do offer the facility to sell your ticket through their ticket office for a further fee!

It's a disgraceful, cynical ploy to ensure a minimum revenue per game, and once again it is at the loyal supporters expense.

I have no sympathy for anyone who wants to join the big league rip-off revolution, but I only hope that it comes back to bite the club on the arse when their current run of success comes to an end.

with Man city on the rise and united looking weaker and weaker i cant see it being long before theres a lot less demand for their season tickets and the policy of automatic payments for games you dont want to go to will suddenly get took off!

they have took advantage of their fans for too long because they know they will pay anything and do anything for bragging rights so they know they dont have to work to get the demand, the moment they do they are going to be in for a shock!

Meh! So some club who most of us despise are ripping people off I couldn't really care. No-one is ever forced to watch football once they become an adult and the only supporters who wouldn't currently change places with Man U are Chelsea. I'd quite happy be forced to pay god knows how much for a season ticket, be charged extra to see my team in the League cup/FA cup meaningless CL games if it meant Oldham were in them. They should shut up moaning. If they don't like it don't :censored: go, if they can't afford it don't :censored: go. Its like how they moan that they hardly ever play at 3pm on a Saturday- they took Sky's lucre (OK so did we)- face the consequences.

You aren't supposed to exchange your season ticket to a mate at almost every club but it still goes on- its only a select few that actually bother to chase people as they have more people willing to take their place. Man U had a waiting list and maybe it does now and maybe not but there was a story that quite a few of their fans had died (and been dead for over year) but still had their season ticket- goes to show how respectful their fans are.

Man U fans go on about the Red Army and how they are Man U fans first, so its OK for them to chant stuff like Argentina or "Makes England look s***e" but not many were chanting Argentina when that little fella popped up in Rome did they. Hypocrites the lot of them and quite frankly the sooner it bites them on the arse the better.

I work with a former Man Ure ST holder he gave it up a couple of seasons ago, he was sick to death of being ripped off and told which matches he had to attend etc etc etc.

He'd been a ST holder since the 70's as well, he said he just didn't recognise or relate to the club anymore and hadn't for quite a few season's before he packed them in.

Lovely balanced topic, by the way what happens at United with ST's happens at many clubs in the Premiership.... but I suppose nobody is interested in that :lol:

It happens at Arsenal which is disgrace that a club like that can treat it's fans that way. They are still riding on the success they had with Viera / Henry in the side and not sure how long that will last!!!! :lol:

Lovely balanced topic, by the way what happens at United with ST's happens at many clubs in the Premiership.... but I suppose nobody is interested in that :lol:

It happens at Arsenal which is disgrace that a club like that can treat it's fans that way. They are still riding on the success they had with Viera / Henry in the side and not sure how long that will last!!!! :lol:

What is there to balance?

The topic subject was about Utd ripping their fans off, it didn't mention Arsenal - that could be a whole new topic for you to start(?)

I don't blame you for trying to protect your beloved ManU though :wink:

A few clubs offer two-tiered ST membership which allows prority for big games, but that is no different from any of the others who seek to wring more cash out of the desperately (stupidly) loyal fans.

I preferred it when we all camped out overnight for the Forest and Liverpool games. That's the fairest way of ensuring the cash-strapped ST holders get a fair crack of the whip - Latics led the way in fair play for all their fans in the Prem (Unfortunately, most caught colds in the pouring rain during the night and had to miss the games! :grin:

ye what im saying is they had a massive success in the 90's and the money and interest that brought in has secured there place at the top of the premier league, players want to go because of the reputation, and when they are truly struggling they can buy anyone they want and know that due to financial reasons the other clubs have no choice but to accept,

if they had some sort of financial crisis, i.e owners taking the money and running, they would soon take a fall and not look so unbeatable

that and if them and the other top four teams followed the respect campaign and stopped surrounding the referee complaining about the yellow card the player got for punching an opposition player then things could turn for the best

I'm sure the situation at Man Ure is the same at many other clubs especially Arsenal and Chelsea etc, they have the fans by the bollocks and they know it.

They will screw them every which way they can, to squeeeeeeeze every last penny out of them.

Edited by Hometownclub