• Miskelly
    • Ironside
    • Keeley
    • Litchfield

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best : Chris Day (When we got him i couldnt quite believe it, but he's the best of the bad bunch up there!)

Worst : Dean Brill (as i dont remember seeing most of these others apart from miskelly)

How about Jan Budz, now at Eastwood Town ?

John Keeley was horrendously bad. I'm sure we only signed him on the basis of a particularly good game against us at BP.

two good games actually! The league and cup games both at BP in 89/90. Uncle Joe conveniently forgot Neil Adams beating him from 45 yards in the return at The Tombstone Ground, four months before he arrived at BP! :shock:

two good games actually! The league and cup games both at BP in 89/90. Uncle Joe conveniently forgot Neil Adams beating him from 45 yards in the return at The Tombstone Ground, four months before he arrived at BP! :shock:

I'd class Rhodes in the best dodgy keeper mode too, and Pogs. Both had odd bouts of madness, and both were about the worst at kicking you're ever likely to see! Great keepers though.

wtf is gary kelly best goally we had get it sorted pls

oh and Goram, Gorton, Hallworth, Gerrard etc were all better imo than Kelly, who of couuse was good but also lobbed and chipped 20 times a season cos he was a bit of short-arse :wink: Great shot-stopper though and awesome on penalties.

oh and Goram, Gorton, Hallworth, Gerrard etc were all better imo than Kelly, who of couuse was good but also lobbed and chipped 20 times a season cos he was a bit of short-arse :wink: Great shot-stopper though and awesome on penalties.

Keiron Westwood on loan from Manchester City, who some say had a dodgy reserve game for Latics reserves was not taken on and now reportedly worth £3 million.

"Latics :censored:e keeper poll Who's the best and worst!"

how can u have the best worst players doesnt make sense u simple oldham freaks :D

Neither do your posts containing all capitals and a lack of punctuation! As for the poll title, nigh on sixty others understood it sufficiently well... :grin:

Miskelly was woeful in the playoff game. But had an absolute stormer at Derby away in the cup.

Chris Day was beaten by any shot which went across him. no matter how powerful.

To be fair to Day, he wasn't all that bad. I remember us getting battered away at MK Dons and coming away with a 1-0 win thanks to Beckett's predatory instinct but, mainly, down to an unbelievable goalkeeping performance.

And, I know he wasn't with us at the time, but who could forget his last gasp save from Fitz Hall at Loftus Road in the Playoffs?

Miskelly was woeful in the playoff game. But had an absolute stormer at Derby away in the cup.

Chris Day was beaten by any shot which went across him. no matter how powerful.

I think Miskelly got a raw deal from our fans - I only really remember his messing up once in that play-off match, and in most of the games he played that season. Unfortunately, his one mistake turned out to be crucial......

Got to be Alan Blayney for me, although "Lucky" John Keeley comes a close second.

Saying Dean Brill is worse than Blayney is as bad as saying Whitaker's better than Wellens.

Brill is not a bad keeper by any stretch of the imagination, no where near as bad as Blayney.

Its laughable mate, how the f*ck Brill is leading this poll is anyones guess, i voted him as the best, 6 clean sheets in 16 games is far better than any of the others, as someone said he was on to beat Pogs record till he was dropped, we had one of the best defensive records in the league till he was dropped!

Talking about bad, maybe a bit harsh as he was young but that O'Donnell lad we had on loan, his performance at Luton wasn't the greatest, then his positioning for that goal against Bas Savage i'll never forget.