He can play in defence too, tbh, I've always liked Goodwin, however he is virtually exactly the same player as :censored:. Was quality at scunny, and the town fans like him. A decent addition, but very much a "Penney" type signing.... Him, :censored:, holdsworth, furman are virtually the same player...

Hasn't he been a bit of a crock in recent seasons?

http://www.soccerbase.com/players_details.sd?playerid=20715

Played once since October. Full international though!

of course he is! Why else would he be here otherwise! Also.. Remember Thompson was a full Eire international too!

Only this season really though, ironically he was probably the main reason why worthy lost his place in the town team. He's a good player, however a total stop- gap for me. There's no way he would be here if holdsworthand worthy weren't injured.

I hope it doesn't mean he drops stephens now. I'd rather see him play than we get a town player fit for them.

Edited by BigfinLatic

of course he is! Why else would he be here otherwise! Also.. Remember Thompson was a full Eire international too!

Only this season really though, ironically he was probably the main reason why worthy lost his place in the town team. He's a good player, however a total stop- gap for me. There's no way he would be here if holdsworthand worthy weren't injured.

I hope it doesn't mean he drops stephens now. I'd rather see him play than we get a town player fit for them.

That's my worry...

Huddersfield fan here

I'm not much of a Goodwin fan. He has had 4 good games whilst he was here, the 2 against Leeds where he had Delph in his pocket and the two against his old club Scunny. Seems he is only half decent when fired up.

Likes people to think he is some midfield hard man with the skin head look but he is far from it. Watches most games pass him by. If you aren't dominating the game then he is completely useless and if you are on top he is too slow in thought and action when it comes to passing.

He is behind Antony Kay, Michael Collins, Tom Clarke, Danny Drinkwater and James Berrett for the midfield position so he isn't likely to get a look in.

I would be suprised if you extend it past a month

Oh and he is far from a centre back. The only position he can remotely play well in is centre mid

Huddersfield fan here

I'm not much of a Goodwin fan. He has had 4 good games whilst he was here, the 2 against Leeds where he had Delph in his pocket and the two against his old club Scunny. Seems he is only half decent when fired up.

Likes people to think he is some midfield hard man with the skin head look but he is far from it. Watches most games pass him by. If you aren't dominating the game then he is completely useless and if you are on top he is too slow in thought and action when it comes to passing.

He is behind Antony Kay, Michael Collins, Tom Clarke, Danny Drinkwater and James Berrett for the midfield position so he isn't likely to get a look in.

Oh and he is far from a centre back. The only position he can remotely play well in is centre mid

great we now have 2 whits

Huddersfield fan here

And a happy new year to you too :lol: Another one travels the yellow brick road to Oldham!

a other ok player but has not got into the hudderfield team must, his best form was at stockport.

His best form was st scunny when he and hinds played at cm, and just kicked anything that moved... Exactly penneys type of player.

I can really see stephens getting dropped now. <_<

His best form was st scunny when he and hinds played at cm, and just kicked anything that moved... Exactly penneys type of player.

I can really see stephens getting dropped now. <_<

I think the disappointig Furman could make way.

BTW Goodwin has played 3 games this season and recieved 2 yellow cards so seems simliar to Worthington.

We just signed another Huddersfield reject...Jim Goodwin on a months loan!!

Hudds Old Boy's or what!!

And another midfielder!!

I guess he is a "reject" by definition but he's a good midfielder, he should do well for us.

Very pleased about this.

Edited by Bring Back Ronnie Moore

I think the disappointig Furman could make way.

BTW Goodwin has played 3 games this season and recieved 2 yellow cards so seems simliar to Worthington.

You could be right about Furman as he's been a major dissapointment this season.

People have commented on him having no support or playing in the wrong position...I don't buy that and if you're good enough you'll go looking for the ball a bit more.....to me, he doesn't get on the ball enough and when he does he goes sideways or backwards!!

I really hope it's not Stephens who makes way!!!

not got a clue penny has he,we lose a keeper and a striker,so what does he do signs another midfielder.Don't think purdie is going to play this season...

It's day :censored: one of the transfer window. The signings were made less than half a day in, what the :censored:?

If that post was a troll then you got me, if not.....then....wow.

Edited by ste1987
Language

Another hudders fan here! I don't think Goodwin is as bad as my fellow town fan does, he is certainly an improvement on Worthy. I would never put him in defence. He can play a good ball and breaks up play well. Way down the pecking order here so if he does well he will probably be available for a nominal fee!

Another hudders fan here! I don't think Goodwin is as bad as my fellow town fan does, he is certainly an improvement on Worthy. I would never put him in defence. He can play a good ball and breaks up play well. Way down the pecking order here so if he does well he will probably be available for a nominal fee!

cheers for the heads up.....

Furman's main problem this season for me is that he has been asked to do the Worthington role e.g break up play and give the ball.

This is mainly becasue we haven't had Worthington available or all our other midfielders would be even worse than Furman. Whitts hasn't got a tackle in him, :censored: is at his best going from box to box so Furman has had to sit in the middle whilst :censored: gets from box to box.

I guess really what I'm trying to say is that I wouldn't judge Furman until we have seen him in the team for a long run with a Worthington figure along side him.

Edited by oafc2002